TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Happy Valley Chongqing Goes Vertical

Remember the lime green B&M track seen at the factory we saw here a while back?

It has finally shown up and gone vertical at the new under construction Happy Valley park in Chongqing

The park is also due to get a GCI wooden coaster which has wood on site already but no vertical construction

Chonwing1.thumb.jpg.fc2b5e0ba7b6505099fa8dc4617050db.jpg

Chonwing2.thumb.jpg.25a7daef086f70d96345354e32bd2515.jpg

Look closely here for an artists impression of how the new ride will look

Edited by Gutterflower

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When this opens, there will be 4 B&M wing coasters in China, right? That's awesome!

As this will open in late 2017 this will actually be the second to open of five. There is Parrot Coaster at Ocean Kingdom already open and the one at Hotgo Park which is built but won't open until 2018.

There are then two more at Wanda Wuxi and Colourful Yunan which havent gone vertical yet and open in 2018/19.

When this opens, there will be 4 B&M wing coasters in China, right? That's awesome!

As this will open in late 2017 this will actually be the second to open of five. There is Parrot Coaster at Ocean Kingdom already open and the one at Hotgo Park which is built but won't open until 2018.

There are then two more at Wanda Wuxi and Colourful Yunan which havent gone vertical yet and open in 2018/19.

Gutterflower, I want to thank you for compiling all this info. These projects are so obscure to us so it great that you're keeping track!

Where do these images usually come from?

Gutterflower, I want to thank you for compiling all this info. These projects are so obscure to us so it great that you're keeping track!

Where do these images usually come from?

As always my pleasure.

As for where. thats a tricky question as it tends to be a lot of places. In this instance it is their official Weibo page

http://www.weibo.com/5576040030/album?from=reclayer&wvr=5&loc=tabalbum#profile_tab

I believe you won't be able to see it as you have to be a member of Weibo. Which is tricky to do sometimes but I believe they now at least have English signups.

I have most major Chinese parks followed and bookmarked on here so I quite often see what they post quickly

Another useful site i often use is gaoloumi.com which is essentially a chinese version of Skyscrapercity. But again you need an account to see most of the pictures

http://www.gaoloumi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=904035&extra=&page=233

Baidu is also handy. This page for roller coasters is used often by the Roller Coaster Dream club members.

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=%B9%FD%C9%BD%B3%B5

My friends and the RCD members themselves quite often send some pictures my way as well.

So a few different places. When pictures come from a particular member i try and give credit but sometimes especially with Chinese news sites its really tough to figure out where the original pictures came from. The Chinese news agencies have no issues with just using whatever pictures.

As an update. Heres some pictures of the GCI wood also now on site at this park

Chon1.thumb.jpg.6ca0d790cccf5a1626c3f84d7308a6f0.jpg

Chon2.thumb.jpg.6b2bad32f2ab4c438a1038b6dc5d6f73.jpg

Kewl.

So it's gonna have the standard dive drop, zero-g roll, vertical loop, and... something something straight track? I would hope for there to be an obscured airtime hill. And that turn immediately after looks cool, as if it were two overbanked half-turns with a funky transition in-between.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to Chongqing on business and would never willingly go there again, the smog is way worse and more consistent than any other city i've been to. I literally could not see anything out of the hotel window even though I was downtown in the middle of a fully lit-30 million people metropolis. It makes Shanghai seem like Switzerland.

• 1 month later...