TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

I think Easter or Valentines Day will be the next themed section added at some point and I'm gonna guess it will be a section filled with more kid's rides that hit all demographics. After that, I kinda hope they step out there a bit and add a St. Patrick's Day section to the park. I've had this thought lately that they could gear it more toward adults. Think of it as the Epcot of HW. I think it would be a great opportunity to introduce alcohol to the park by building an Irish Pub or something like that. It would also be the section where they could put their next major roller coaster and it would be okay for them to build a 200+ foot ride, because it's in the adult section of the park.

^I do believe Will's grandfather wanted a St. Patrick's Day section with a pub... I don't see the park going with alcohol though. But who knows; I also didn't see them with a B&M coaster and Thunderbird is stellar!

Did anyone catch the facebook live feed? Is this a Calypso car?

1379439994_calypsocar.jpg.b8f850a1c079a85d672a1084b9ebd74d.jpg

Could Holiday World be adding a classic flat ride!?

2001677901_funspotcalypso.jpg.c19defab7b5d3081ab835a0184bb811c.jpg

And here is a Calypso at Fun Spot (Angola, IN) I took last January.

Hope I'm not ruining any surprises... A classic Calypso would definitely be a nice addition!

^Very cool. I hope they decide to put it up for operation! I love those old rides.

Another clue from the video... 293022427_calpysomap.jpg.806b9715fed3a8dffb2472b8319ac559.jpg

A map showing where the Calypso ran in 1972 (Coney Island, Cincinnati), then up to Fun Spot, then Holiday World in 2017. They also mention a "the names," perhaps they will have a naming contest for the new ride.

It is in fact a Calypso - named Firecracker. It's a nice, interesting addition that will hopefully restore/bring back crowds and life in the 4th of July section. I mean I'm still waiting for a Screamin' Swing or HUSS Firsbee but yanno it's whatever

PS - In case you couldn't tell, I'm 110% kidding. I love Holiday World, and the fact that a small park like this can add a first-of-its-kind B&M, then two more relatively large additions still amazes me.

Here's the link to the news release: http://www.holidayworld.com/holiblog/2016/11/30/mannequin-video-reveals-2017-plans/

Love that parks are bringing back classic flats! First the wave of flying scooters, then CF's focus on classics and now this. Still wishing someone can manufacture the Kangaroo flat from Kennywood and get those in more parks!

Making my first ever trip to Holiday World this summer after more then a decade of wanting to go. Really looking forward to this park!

On a side note, kinda surprised they are using the name Firecracker for a flat. While it's a great name I personally would've used it for a coaster!

^ It was a Coaster, at Santa Claus Land then Holiday World, back where Holidogs Funtown is. I wish they would have chose a different name, but it's still a nice addition anyways.

It was a sentimental return to the name of our "first" (actually, second) coaster.

Paula did you all get the Bayren Kurve, from Funspot also. That would be a fantastic addition, in the Christmas Section, where Santa's Story Time theater is.

My favourite Calypso was my first Calypso.

At age 9, riding it at the 1962 Seattle World's Fair!

Paula/Raven Maven, do you think (or know) if they're going to design anything in the middle of the

Calypso/Firecracker? Like fireworks exploding in lights?

Just asking, thanks.

Calypso1962WorldsFair.jpg.0782d14f3af94ef6cdaae3a8b139243f.jpg

Would look great with that centre part exploding in firecracker lights.