TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

^I guarantee you they are not the same, but hopefully similar!

My take on this is, it appears that the new DAK popcorn is already packaged and branded.

But the flavoured popcorn in TDLR is always/usually, freshly popped and then flavoured with it's

spice, etc. And it's either put into a fresh popcorn box, or one of those bigger popcorn

(themed) holders.

Big difference between the two, IMhO. But the flavours may still be awesome, too.

Oh, and for gp1086, I would suggest, maybe going in Sept. after school is back?

zuris-sweets-shop-11.jpg.106d5eb80849d649893ef021342a57ae.jpg

Pre-packaged, but the flavours read interesting:

Harissa, African Spice, Curry, and Ras El Hanout.

(And thank you eatingwdw.com for the photo.)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just found an article on http://www.wdwmagic.com 's site, Thank You for the photo,

looking at the latest construction of the Avatar/Pandora area.

And this is the photo that got my real attention. It's very subtle, but it's going to be cool, looking from

the entryway, and seeing these "floating rocks", way in the distance. Neat!

Someone is definitely thinking about the guest's visual perspective, woo hoo!

avatar_Full_28907.jpg.25c87dbb961a9c19a2d340a23a087f8e.jpg

Rocks on sticks. (o; Thanks again WDWmagic.com for the photo!

What are you even talking about? LOL

He's referring to Dinosaur's past moniker, Countdown to Extinction (and yeah, that name is WAY cooler), and I also haven't seen much about it's refurb. Anyone got anything?

Just saw earlier today that the refurb was extended until October 17th.

...naturally. I'm going to be at AK on the 16th...

• 1 month later...

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/11/pandora-the-world-of-avatar-set-to-open-summer2017/

1119ZU_0180AS.jpeg.46537147a704b03ddf32470c544c7900.jpeg

Just moments ago at the D23’s Destination D: Amazing Adventures presentation, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek gave a construction update on Pandora – The World of Avatar and shared the exciting news that the new land is set to open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in summer 2017.

Bob also shared a look at a recent construction milestone -scaffolding has just been removed from the entry bridge into the new land (near Tiffins restaurant), officially connecting the land with the rest of the park.

skdjfn080.thumb.jpg.346f2ac478ffb1ecc6ed0d1b92679b6b.jpg

According to the storyline developed by Walt Disney Imagineering and Lightstorm Entertainment, this bridge was built during a time when a destructive company called the RDA came to Pandora. Now that they’re long gone, nature is breaking down evidence of their presence. This bridge will soon serve as an entry into the base camp of Alpha Centauri Expeditions, the eco-tour group that is preparing Pandora for future explorers and adventure seekers.

The story of the bridge is just our first look inside this land, which fulfills the original mission of Disney’s Animal Kingdom of being a park that honors animals and natural environments “real, ancient and imagined.”

The entire Pandora – The World of Avatar land is set to open in 2017, and will transport guests to a visually stunning world complete with floating mountains and bioluminescent plants. Here, guests will be able to experience two excursions that will truly push adventure to the next level. First, the family friendly Na’vi River Journey will send guests down a sacred river hidden within a bioluminescent rainforest. Their journey will end in an unforgettable encounter with a Na’vi Shaman, a figure who has a deep connection to the life force of Pandora. And second, the Avatar Flight of Passage excursion will offer the jaw-dropping experience of riding on a Banshee over the world of Pandora.

Keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog in the coming weeks for more updates on this amazing expansion.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/11/first-look-the-navi-river-journey-shaman/

Earlier today Alpha Centauri Expeditions (A.C.E.) Founder Marshall Lamm joined filmmaker James Cameron and Imagineer Joe Rohde to share details on upcoming travel to Pandora – The World of Avatar, the amazing world that is located 4.4 light years away from Planet Earth.

Marshall closed his presentation with a remarkable video. The reclusive Shaman of Songs, a revered member of the Na’vi people of Pandora, shared just for fans at D23’s Destination D: Amazing Adventures. Take a look here:

Keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for future construction updates on Pandora – The World of Avatar.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/11/new-images-released-for-pandora-the-world-of-avatar-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/

pongu.thumb.jpg.33a4b3b50c183eefb112b0fddc903b75.jpg

Earlier today, Disney Parks Blog readers were among the first to learn that Pandora – The World of Avatar is set to open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in summer 2017. Now, we’re sharing a first look at what you can expect to see in the land.

avaq23402935.jpg.4dba7f013b1684cf94675162acd78bf7.jpg

Satu’li Canteen will be the main restaurant in Pandora – The World of Avatar and will feature Na’vi art and cultural items.

avam53249258.jpg.a5aad817d503f325c73b1beef9115e42.jpg

At Windtraders, travelers can find Na’vi cultural items, toys, science kits, and more.

And Pongu Pongu (pictured at the top of the story) will be a special drink location with a design that is as eclectic as its Expat owner.

All of today’s new images were shared by Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek during a D23’s Destination D: Amazing Adventures presentation at the Walt Disney World Resort. Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for more updates on Pandora – The World of Avatar.

Read on the Twitter machine that there was some kind of preview of Rivers of Light over the weekend. The reviews seemed pretty mixed and ranged everywhere from really cool tech and a fun show, to it was a complete dumpster fire. Anyone here get a chance to check it out?

Either way it's nice to see the show making some progress towards an actual opening. I'm guessing they want to get it running for the holiday season.

^ I got to go see it with friends for the Cast Preview last night. I won't give any details away, but I thought it was beautiful and really technologically impressive.

That's good to hear, I never know what to believe especially coming from die hard Disney fans, their perspective tends to be a bit skewed at times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been optimistic about this project since it was announced solely based on the visual potential of turning that source material into a theme park environment but after seeing this video I have a feeling this area is going to be stunning. Like for how quiet this project has been so far I have a feeling it's going to blow people away, even if the major attraction is average (it's still a simulator so my expectations aren't that high).

The Navi river journey looks like a perfect addition to Animal Kingdom, I've always felt like that park needed some kind of mild family friendly boat ride and that thing looks awesome.

Looks like i'll have the same reaction to this as I do Potter: visually stunning and really cool, but I have no interest in the IP itself. I hope the storytelling avoids the Potter trap, where you have to know the IP to really get it...