Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

Page 99: Mack double launched coaster announced for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:12 pm

Turns out they went for a midnight announcement. This is from their official youtube.

BLACKPOOL PLEASURE BEACH ANNOUNCES NEW £16.25M ROLLERCOASTER

Blackpool Pleasure Beach has announced it is to build a new £16.25m rollercoaster. It will be the UK’s first ever with a double-launch – an advanced technology that gives the roller coaster two powerful thrusts of acceleration during the ride. ‘Construction 2018’ will feature the most number of interactions in the world with 15 interactions involving five different rides and two tunnels.

The ride is being manufactured by Mack Rides at their world-class factory in Waldkirch, Germany, utilising the latest state-of-the-art engineering processes, including laser beam technology for extreme accuracy. The ride will open in Spring 2018.

A double launch will see thrill seekers propelled forward at high speed not only at the start of the ride, but also at a second point half way through the two and a half minute experience. Riders will experience the same levels of G force as felt by the driver of a Formula 1 car. The launch of the ride features acceleration which is 4 times that experienced in a Lamborghini Gallardo.

Construction 2018 will reach heights of 88.5ft with drops of up to 82ft. It will interact with five other Blackpool Pleasure Beach rides including the iconic Big One, Steeplechase, Big Dipper, Pleasure Beach Express and the Grand Prix.

Over 44,800 hours have been invested in the development to date with that number expected to treble ahead of completion.

Speaking on the announcement Deputy Managing Director of Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Nick Thompson, comments: “We have been working on this concept for five years now and are delighted to be able share news of our plans.

“Construction 2018 will be fast, adrenaline fuelled and exhilarating but also smooth and comfortable – an entirely new ride experience. It sees a significant investment in Blackpool Pleasure Beach. We expect to see thrill seekers flock to the park to experience this UK ride first.”

Blackpool Pleasure Beach's Managing Director, Amanda Thompson OBE, adds: “Construction 2018 follows in the long tradition we have at Blackpool Pleasure Beach of investing in fantastic rides and bringing first of their kind rollercoasters to the UK. Blackpool Pleasure Beach, the world’s most ride intensive amusement park, is home to the UK’s first looping coaster, Revolution, and, at the time it was built, the world’s tallest and fastest rollercoaster, The Big One, plus many more thrilling rides. I’m delighted to be able to continue this tradition and bring such a thrilling ride to the UK.”

Construction 2018 brings together the Thompson and Mack families, owners of Blackpool Pleasure Beach and leading manufacturer of amusement park attractions, Mack Factory respectively.

The development is the biggest of its kind in recent years and cements Blackpool Pleasure Beach’s position as one of the UK’s leading amusement parks.

Key Ride Facts

Total Length – 1.14 KM
Ride time - Approx 161s
Max Height – 88.5ft
Height of Drops – 82ft
Max Speed – 80 KM/H
Max Acceleration (Verticle) – 4.3G
Trains - 3

https://twitter.com/Pleasure_Beach/status/781433340503220224

Here it is! Our artist impression of Construction MMXVIII. For more info Facebook- https://goo.gl/GNIZd6 Website- https://goo.gl/nMVSzk
Capture.JPG
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:54 am.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:35 pm

Nice layout, the second half is definitely more intense then the first half and I love that little outward airtime hill towards the end.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:11 pm

gerstlaueringvar wrote:Nice layout, the second half is definitely more intense then the first half and I love that little outward airtime hill towards the end.

Agreed. That second launch looks crazy.

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:23 pm

robbalvey wrote:
chickenbowl wrote:^ I was making a joke.

You probably should leave the comedy to the professionals.

Sure, dude, I thought after 10 years of posting here I knew the crowd... Sorry for upsetting you that much.
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel|Mega-Lite
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Voyage

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby theredskull84 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:24 pm

^^ :lmao: but on a serious note, this coaster looks great. And I'll agree about that second launch, too! :b

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:26 pm

That looks fantastic! I think the slalom bit at the end could've used a zero-G like on Helix to cap the whole thing off, but this has real potential to be the best ride at Blackpool (not counting the Wild Mouse).

That color scheme could use some work, though...Construction 2018 kind of looks like Nickelodeon: The Ride.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby peptoabysmal » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:31 pm

This looks like a great addition to the park.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:31 pm

Gutterflower wrote:

See y'all later. I'm too busy planning my vacation to England.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby TyRush » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:41 pm

Wow looks like a real potential winner for Mack and BPB
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:49 pm

I'm getting a little bit of Cheetah Hunt vibes from this new ride, looks great
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!