TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

If you all don't mind, I'm going to change the subject and talk about a boat ride called "Journey to Atlantis. . .

"Dude, that ride's in SeaWorld. I thought this thread was supposed to be on Busch Gardens Tampa?"

Well, it is. I just wanted to say that they ought to put a ride like that to replace their old and closed-off Tanganyika Shoot the Chutes ride. I think that would be awesome!

Tanganyika Tidal Wave is closed? I must've missed something, what happened?

That moose out front is slacking. What's he doing all day? He's supposed to be telling you that the ride's been closed.

What happened was for some kind of reason they closed the Tanganyida Tidal Wave down (since April 2016 - according to Wikipedia), and it shall remain so until they either restore it, replace it, or just tear it down. I'm hoping for another "Journey to Atlantis" in which they can re-use the still standing lift and drop as the first lift and drop and build a building to house the second lift and even wilder drop.

Visited the park today. (No camera due to forecast, so no pictures )

Ride Count:

Falcon's Fury: 2x

Scorpion: 1x third row

Kumba: 1x back row, exit side.

Rain delay: about 45 min.

Sheikra: 1x front row, far entrance

Cheetah Hunt: 1x back row

Montu: 2x back entrance,

Sheikra again: 1x

Cobra's Curse: Down all day.

Very few queues except for Scorpion (10 min), Kumba (10 min), and Cheetah (17 min).

The park could really use more thrill flat rides. Or just more flat rides in general. And attraction-specific merch.

Had the all-day dining deal today against my better judgment, but it came with the good deal my resort offered. That Bacon Pretzel Fury though...

Could the Icepoloration storyline get any cheesier? The acrobatics/puppetry/other athletes were great.

What happened was for some kind of reason they closed the Tanganyida Tidal Wave down (since April 2016 - according to Wikipedia), and it shall remain so until they either restore it, replace it, or just tear it down. I'm hoping for another "Journey to Atlantis" in which they can re-use the still standing lift and drop as the first lift and drop and build a building to house the second lift and even wilder drop.

An Escape from Pompeii would make more sense

• 2 weeks later...

Screamscape posted a rumor that a B&M may be in development for BGT for 2018 or 2019. I wonder if it would be to replace Gwazi? I'm still hoping RMC will get to handle that, but the possibility of tearing Gwazi down is also very probable.

From the official Busch Gardens blog, link to the article here.

Howl-O-Scream 2016 returns with seven haunted houses, two of which are new and creeper than ever:

NEW! Motel Hell

Nightmares become reality at this deserted motel once you realize why it’s conveniently vacant. The paranormal presence of its former owners still lurks on the untouched property, mysteriously preventing the brave souls who are attempting to tear it down. Guests who dare to enter will find themselves face-to-face with their worst nightmares and inescapable fate.

NEW! The Black Spot

When Saw Tooth Silas, an infamous pirate, decides that one should no longer exist, he marks them for death. Victims are then sent to The Black Spot, where they meet their horrifying demise. The trick lies within the dimly-lit corners of the mysterious hideaway, holding the secret to escape… or demise.

Howl-O-Scream’s roaming hordes have heard the cries loud and clear. The infamous mobs are back and bigger than ever:

NEW! Inescapable Roaming Hordes

Throughout the park and in between haunted houses, every corner will be deemed unsafe. This year, roaming hordes are infesting Howl-O-Scream at an unstoppable rate as the infamous scare squads return bigger and more horrifying than ever. From their screeching welcome at the front gates to the eerie traps in the depths of the park, no corner is safe from these merciless roaming hordes.

Guests can test their limits while braving thrill rides in the dark, including Cobra’s Curse, Busch Gardens’ new one-of-a-kind spin coaster. Plus, challenge North America’s tallest freestanding drop tower Falcon’s Fury, Florida’s first and only triple-launch coaster Cheetah Hunt and others.

Freaky Preview returns this year and will open Howl-O-Scream 2016 on Friday, Sept. 23 and Saturday, Sept. 24. The event then runs select nights from Sept. 29 through Oct. 30. Operating event hours are 7:30 p.m. to 1 a.m.

This year, 4-Pack Ticket Deals start at $35.99 per person, plus tax. Reduced advance-purchase rates are available online, and special offers are available for Busch Gardens Pass Members. Additionally, out-of-towners can take advantage of great vacations packages, like the Overnight Fright or Wild & Wicked Weekends packages. For more information, visit HowlOScream.com.

This is exciting to me!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello coaster friends I'm visiting Busch Gardens Tampa and Sea World Orlando from Oct 18 - 21st. Does anyone know how the crowds usually are this time of year for both parks? For BGT, I'm sure the Halloween night time event will be busy - interested in knowing about the daytime crowds. Many thanks in advance!!

We have just checked in for Busch Gardens Tampa Howl-O-Scream media event!

CtE0T1dWcAAlpdW.jpg

CtE0T1iXEAAsMBB.jpg

CtE0T1lXEAAF_iU.jpg

CtE0T1jWEAAFSfq.jpg

Plenty of monsters to greet us and welcome guests to the event!

CtE3m44WgAIOkdy.jpg

CtE3m45WEAE-U-8.jpg

I have found my favorite part of Howl-O-Scream? Hot deadly girls!

CtE7iS4WYAU-7cy.jpg

CtE7iSzW8AI2pl5.jpg

CtE7iS8WYAATN1C.jpg

CtE7iS5XEAAuPkm.jpg

We just went zombie killing with friends from Attractions Magazine! Killed 36 zombies! WOW!

CtE_gFdXEAER2dT.jpg

CtE_gFdWAAATIpy.jpg

CtE_gFqW8AAehAO.jpg

CtE_gFsW8AAmDkf.jpg

Having way too much fun playing "murder hopscotch" in the playground!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CtFFV-OWcAAEwrK.jpg

CtFFV_BW8AAmpNz.jpg

CtFFWAxWIAAvhDE.jpg

Who doesn't love the "naughty nurses?"

CtFHrRmWcAA7tnI.jpg

CtFHrRnXYAAJZwh.jpg

CtFHrR1WEAEFMv5.jpg

CtFHrRwWEAEr1fx.jpg

Best part of the Fiends show is #Selfiends with the Naughty Nurses and dancers!

CtFMHofXEAE6rXy.jpg

CtFMHolWYAAkt17.jpg

CtFMHoxWAAArMJZ.jpg

CtFMHogWEAAdo3A.jpg

Bumper Cars with zombies might be the best idea EVER!!!

CtFQ3wOWcAE9YX2.jpg

CtFQ3wPWIAAFY1H.jpg

CtFQ3wPXEAAoa0C.jpg

The Black Spot pirate themed haunted house looked great! Lots of fun!

CtFWt4KWgAAVs1F.jpg

CtFWt4MXYAEf0i9.jpg

Sexy pirates at The Black Spot haunted house? Oh, yes please!

CtFcuNSWYAAalk-.jpg

CtFcuNLWYAAyQb5.jpg

CtFcuNUWcAAy3wh.jpg

CtFcuNSWIAApFRl.jpg

Looks like this might be the final year for Circus of Superstition.

CtFe76IWAAQAv5I.jpg

CtFe76KWAAAy8LO.jpg

CtFe76OWgAAo9Bf.jpg

CtFe76NWEAALijm.jpg

Death Water Bayou is a GREAT haunted house! So glad to see this one returned this year!

CtFiL6lXEAAdhiZ.jpg

CtFiL6kW8AAxxTg.jpg

CtFiL6xW8AAI_Oy.jpg

The Playground scare zone was great! So much fun playing with the monsters!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CtF54nWWAAEI0ra.jpg

What's more scary to you? Walking through Haunted Houses or Falcon's Fury at night?

CtF9_20W8AAgHoG.jpg

Had an absolutely amazing night @BuschGardens Tampa @HowlOScream! We come for the scares & the girls! Love 'em both!

That playground carousel gag in Death Water Bayou made me scream like a little b**ch. It's so simple but absolutely ingenious.

I actually got a special tour of a couple of the mazes (I think that was one of them) and that simple yet genius trick blew me away. I'd really love to get to Howl-O-Scream one of these years, but sadly, it isn't in the cards for this year.