TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

So is there proof this will be an Intamin? I'm almost certain this will be a Mack.

Hahaha, it's Intamin... Mack doesn't even have a motobike style coaster line (like Intamin, Zamperla, or Vekoma). If you're saying Mack because SeaWorld has recently worked with Mack (all the JTA's, Cobra's Curse, Manta), I'll point out that they've also worked with Intamin (Cheetah Hunt, Falcon's Fury). They've also worked with B&M, Premier, GCI, Zierer, and Moser in the past 5 years as well...

This is an awesome addition for the park! Honestly, this coaster should have been put in to Orlando instead of Mako. You guys now have two, major, 48" height requirement rides and Orlando has none.

Can't wait to come out and ride this!

If Wave Breaker is a big hit, hopefully it will make it's way out to Orlando. SWO can be tough for families with small children as all three of the major coasters have 54" height requirements.

^Yeah, well San Antonio doesn't have Wild Arctic, so advantage Orlando................................(said no one ever).

Looks like a great addition and a very clever marketing move by Sea World. Still hoping to get down to Texas in the RV next year to hit up all the parks down there!

So is there proof this will be an Intamin? I'm almost certain this will be a Mack.

Hahaha, it's Intamin... Mack doesn't even have a motobike style coaster line (like Intamin, Zamperla, or Vekoma). If you're saying Mack because SeaWorld has recently worked with Mack (all the JTA's, Cobra's Curse, Manta), I'll point out that they've also worked with Intamin (Cheetah Hunt, Falcon's Fury). They've also worked with B&M, Premier, GCI, Zierer, and Moser in the past 5 years as well...

That is honestly exactly why I said that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is an awesome addition for the park! Honestly, this coaster should have been put in to Orlando instead of Mako. You guys now have two, major, 48" height requirement rides and Orlando has none.

Can't wait to come out and ride this!

If Wave Breaker is a big hit, hopefully it will make it's way out to Orlando. SWO can be tough for families with small children as all three of the major coasters have 54" height requirements.

Exactly.

I've been wanting to go for quite a while but haven't had the money or a valid excuse over SFFT (where I have a season pass) or ZDT's (which is super cheap). If I had the choice I would have been to SWSA already, but with the addition of a new coaster it pushes it over the edge. Many of my park buddies are Blackfish weirdos but will probably ignore that for a unique coaster type only a half hour away.

I've been wanting to go for quite a while but haven't had the money or a valid excuse over SFFT (where I have a season pass) or ZDT's (which is super cheap). If I had the choice I would have been to SWSA already, but with the addition of a new coaster it pushes it over the edge. Many of my park buddies are Blackfish weirdos but will probably ignore that for a unique coaster type only a half hour away.

I have some buddies like that too but it doesn't stop me from visiting on my own.

I have a season pass to SWSA only for Steel Eel tbh. It's a lot of fun!

Aquatica isn't bad either!

Whoa -- really? I hadn't done much research into SWO, so if that's the case, I'll definitely be saving the trip there for several years down the line. The big kid's just barely scraping onto 48" rides at the moment. Sounds like if we want to do a SeaWorld in the near future, this will be the one to hit!