TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I didn't realize that Fitzgerald was so instrumental in converting the Safari into what it is today. Harry seemed to indicate there was a good chance of the park losing the Safari if it didn't go through that transformation.

News came out that a new park president was announced for SFFT, so the current rumor is Neal Thurman (SFFT's former president) will be coming to New Jersey. I wouldn't mind that, SFFT has received great praise over the last couple of years.

Fitzgerald was very concerned the park was playing with fire when it came to their wild animals. He was very aware of the incidents that happened over the years and insightful enough to not want someone jumping out of their own car to interact with the animals. He also had the business insight to know that the animals were a valuable asset that were under utilized as safari attendance dropped considerably over the years.

For years he has also been a proponent of a new baboon exhibit, to observe them up close behind glass, but who knows if that will ever happen.

Edited by larrygator

Game-Changing Thrill Ride to Debut at Six Flags Great Adventure in 2017 –

JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis

JACKSON, N.J. ─ September 1, 2016 ─ Six Flags Great Adventure, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment, announces the addition of JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis to its world-class lineup of thrill rides in 2017. This multi-sensory, interactive dark ride received global recognition as the Best New Product by the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions, was named one of the Top Ten Amusement Park Attractions of the Year by USA Today readers and named Best New Attraction by Theme Park Insider.

“This ride is a game-changer and without question one of the most innovative, interactive and exciting attractions we have ever undertaken,” said Six Flags Great Adventure President Neal Thurman. “The world-class game play and cutting-edge technology will have guests fully engaged in non-stop action.”

In a high-stakes clash between good and evil, guests will become members of the Justice League Reserve team and engage in a full-sensory journey to save the city of Metropolis as they battle alongside Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Supergirl and Cyborg against Super Villains Lex Luthor and The Joker.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis features:

- 4D ride experience with wind, fire, mist and fog effects, plus life-like animatronic characters;

- Sleek, six-passenger, motion-platform cars that twist, tilt and spin while going through hairpin, 360-degree turns, all synched to the action on the screens;

- Intense virtual loop and barrel roll, giving riders the head-over-heels feeling;

- High definition, 3D animation that fully immerses riders into the city of Metropolis; and

- State-of-the-art, real-time gaming elements including 600 virtual and tangible targets.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis is expected to debut in the late spring of 2017. For more information about next season at Six Flags Great Adventure, visit https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/newfor2017

justice_league_battle_for_metropolis_key_art.jpg

logo__sfga_justice_league_battle_for_metropolis.png

photo__sfga_justice_league_ride_vehicle_.jpg

photo__sfga_shooting_at_lex_luthor.jpg

photo__sfga_the_joker_fire_element_s.jpg

photo__sfga_the_joker_with_green_smoke.jpg

virtual_loop.jpg

Definitely seems as if Six Flags is playing it very safe this year, sticking with established and tested properties and installations. I don't think this is a bad thing at all, and I'm quite looking forward to finally getting a chance to ride Justice League with my family in the 2017 season!

Very safe year for both chains. So not a single RMC. Weird.

So this loop and barrel roll, is that new for these installations? I'm sure this ride will be great - and I love that's it's nowhere near El Toro. Here's to hoping we get one of those awesome looking giant frisbees for 2018.

So this loop and barrel roll, is that new for these installations? I'm sure this ride will be great - and I love that's it's nowhere near El Toro. Here's to hoping we get one of those awesome looking giant frisbees for 2018.

The loop and barrel roll are in all the Justice League rides.

Well no reason to come to SFGAd next year when SFOG is getting the same thing. I haven't got to ride a JLBFM yet so I'm very anxious to try it out...But at my home park I guess. And I can see this happening from a lot of people...When a chain adds a lot of clones, it doesn't entice us to travel.

The biggest surprise in this announcement is that the park has already named their new president.

Excited about the ride. Had a feeling it was coming long before the Town planning minutes leaked. Bummed I couldn't ride it when I was at SFOT but I'm sure I'll ride it plenty next year.

Edited by Genx24

^ And dining passes are only $80 during the flash sale. I'm actually considering getting one for the first time. I'm not a huge fan of the food there except Macho Nacho and the random stuff had they during HITP. But I figure if I eat there 4-5 times its paid for.

Yeah it's not a bad deal. My wife and I can grab 2 passes and we split a dining pass and it's about $205 before taxes and processing fees. It's just slightly more than 1 Cedar Fair platinum pass ....But I renewed that for next year first. It's weird, I have SFOT 15 min from my doorstep and yet I've been to CP 3 weekends this season, Carowinds a few months back, and I've hit King's Island and King's Dominion in the past year. I visited SFGAdv last year also for the first time, El Toro is the real winner. I just find it sad that I'm more willing to travel now to Cedar Fair parks than other Six Flags parks.

I don't think the loop is new. My version of JL has the loop also. I think the barrel roll is the new thing.

Also does anyone else think Lex Luthor looks like Mr. Clean? I think he does and so do my friends.

Just a heads up, Hurricane Harbor is closed today due to s̶h̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶f̶f̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶d̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶c̶u̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶b̶o̶d̶y̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶p̶ inclement weather. They didn't bother to post it anywhere on social media but it's on the desktop version of the website.

We are also doing a Six Flags Themed TPR Bag-O-Crap Twitter give-away! See our Twitter feed for details on how to be entered to win this cool Six Flags stuff including a couple of those giant park "wall maps!" Continue to RT our tweets from later today to be entered for a better chance to win! Winner will be picked later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Click:

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CrSdak1VYAAlB1X.jpg

CrSda3yUAAAVJeQ.jpg

CrSdak3VMAAK2HI.jpg

Yeah it's not a bad deal. My wife and I can grab 2 passes and we split a dining pass and it's about $205 before taxes and processing fees. It's just slightly more than 1 Cedar Fair platinum pass ....But I renewed that for next year first. It's weird, I have SFOT 15 min from my doorstep and yet I've been to CP 3 weekends this season, Carowinds a few months back, and I've hit King's Island and King's Dominion in the past year. I visited SFGAdv last year also for the first time, El Toro is the real winner. I just find it sad that I'm more willing to travel now to Cedar Fair parks than other Six Flags parks.

So for $65 I can get a Six Flags gold pass that works at all parks for 2016/2017 and includes parking as long as I process it before Oct 31? I might actually buy one of these even though I live in NC. I'm gonna be in DC in October, so I might buy one, and process it at SFA. This means I should be able to use it at GADV during HITP?

Seriously this flash sale is incredible. I bought a pass for the lady and myself earlier this morning. Once they show up in the mail we're gonna take a quick half day trip to process them and ride Skull Mountain.

That is bring a friend free weekend for the theme park which will make the park extremely crowded. What could happen is if a lot of people are passholders with Hurricane Harbor included, they might just go there instead rather than deal with the crowds in the theme park. It is also likely that Hurricane Harbor won't be running at full capacity (at the minimum I would expect part of the lazy river closed and probably at least 1 slide tower closed) so even if it isn't that crowded, lines could still be long with fewer rides open.

That is bring a friend free weekend for the theme park which will make the park extremely crowded. What could happen is if a lot of people are passholders with Hurricane Harbor included, they might just go there instead rather than deal with the crowds in the theme park. It is also likely that Hurricane Harbor won't be running at full capacity (at the minimum I would expect part of the lazy river closed and probably at least 1 slide tower closed) so even if it isn't that crowded, lines could still be long with fewer rides open.

Ugh. WTF would Six Flags charge full price and not run at full capacity? A broken ride is one thing, but we cant be bothered to staff is quite another.

Ugh. WTF would Six Flags charge full price and not run at full capacity? A broken ride is one thing, but we cant be bothered to staff is quite another.

This isn't just a "Six Flags things." A lot, I mean a LOT, of larger parks have staffing issues when high schools/colleges go back in session. Cedar Point lists on their website that some coasters and rides are closed on Fridays during Haunt. Don't be so quick to blame.