TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I'm planning to visit the park later today. Is the back of the park closed from yesterday's heavy rains flash flooding? Why is Wild Thing closed are there some areas of Wild Thing under water? I don't remember the last time Wild Thing was closed for flooding unless there's something else wrong? I have seen Wild Thing down this year but sometime's it will open back up later on.

Edited by Lightning Rod

Last night I saw a video on KARE 11 news showing the flooding at Valleyfair. The flooding was so bad that even the Xtreme Swing area was completely under water. I wish I had a photo to share but I couldn't find the one that was on the news.

Yup, it was an absolute mess. I got off at 4:00 (right when it started) and came back in at about 4:30 as a guest and it was crazy. The puddles near High Roller in Planet Snoopy were ankle deep and the mulch by trees was everywhere. The midway was flooding, and it looked like sewers were backing up. The walkway by bumper cars was also flooded, and near Xtreme Swing was so bad it was barricaded off. I was talking to a guest who said they were back by Renegade and the puddles were at least 2 inches deep (and kids were swimming in the puddles). MNRV Railroad's track was also partially underwater. Here's a couple I took after work yesterday.

image.thumb.jpeg.7acb54e15ed85d7d3c1e5a7fac05b7fa.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.906638851a6adf43ff568dec2913fa4a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6596c32e3ea4ffb925479724d1f9df38.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b973817db8bc0be2c159d731f90963c5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ef096bafce704b9eafd55c24fd7b133e.jpeg

I drove by Valleyfair on 101 saw Wild Thing was doing a test run maybe it might be open later on? I also saw Excalibur and Xtreme Swing were both open. I'm in the main lot now and I can see Wild Thing doing more testing. Possible the flood waters have gone down. I also was wondering about the annoucement on Thursday?

Wild Thing is up and running.

I got in line about 4:30 pm Wild Thing went down at 4:45 pm for mechanical issues. They stopped the train on the lift hill had one parked in the station. It was down for about twenty minutes I waited it out was in the front row. Seems like maitnence crews we're working on the final break run area coming into the station. They seem to fix the problem Wild Thing is up running again after 5:00 pm.

The Stars Align In 2017 For New Thrills At Valleyfair!

Thrill seekers, get ready to reach for the stars as Valleyfair announces plans for a 230-foot-tall Starflyer ride in 2017.

North Star - named to celebrate the region’s affinity to being “up north” and the great outdoors - is a 230-foot-tall tower that will spin riders more than 20 stories above the ground. Seated in two-person chain-link swings that will allow their feet to dangle, riders will slowly begin rotating in a circular motion reaching speeds of up to 40 mph as the swings ascend and descend the tower.

“The annual trip to Valleyfair has always been a family tradition in Minnesota,” says Dave Frazier, Vice President and General Manager of Valleyfair. “The addition of North Star certainly adds to the continued commitment to provide lasting family memories for our guests.”

By comparison, North Star will rank as the second tallest ride in the park next to the 275-foot Power Tower and will occupy the spot soon-to-be vacated by Enterprise, which will be retired later this month. The location positions North Star at the front of the park where, living up to its name, it will serve as a beacon to guide and greet guests on their journey to the park. North Star is the only ride of this type in the upper Midwest.

North Star is manufactured by Australian-based Funtime. Construction on North Star will begin this month and be complete by early to mid-December. The ride will open to guests in the spring of 2017.

The best way to experience the new North Star is with a 2017 Gold Season Pass, on sale now at the lowest price of the season. Season Pass holders enjoy unlimited visits all season long, including Soak City Waterpark and Valleyscare, free parking, in-park discounts, exclusive offers and events and so much more.

For more information: https://www.valleyfair.com/what-s-new/introducing-north-star-for-2017

North-Star.jpg.150d8c8096dde654091b392a8f1314b9.jpg

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew] Edited by GCI Wooden