TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Djurs Sommerland Discussion Thread

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it has mostly been filled with trampolines for decades, that spot. I really hope this could lead to a new egyptian themed area in the park, maybe including a makeover for the Colorado River. This park is just getting better and better for each year!

^ That was a fairly large area for kids to run around in, play, and just be themselves.

Hope that some of it is still retained (or relocated) for the above purpose.

I even tried the trampoline! Total Fail. And the stilts. I was Good!

L_08DjursSommerlandBouncyRon.jpg.e05b461a57b132c44ccb688124a5f33a.jpg

Ron on a DS trampoline. And he was very good on it, too. TPR 2009 Scandi Tour.

• 2 weeks later...

I love how this flat ride is themed, including the arms! It's amazing!

And the ride vehicles look nice and nifty, too. Arrrrrrrrrr.

More parks should do more like this, with some of their flats.

• 1 month later...

Next year Djurs is building europes longest and fastest family suspended coaster.

Capture.thumb.JPG.84ace9951bb120852631e850e78622c4.JPG

30 meters tall

85 km/h

825 meters long.

And they will announce something that they say is very unique about this coaster later.

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew] Edited by jedimaster1227

So I'm guessing this will be a vekoma?

Not a Vekoma.

What other manufacturers could it be? The trains in the video looked like Vekoma ones and it would make sense since Farup built Orkanen a couple years back.

So I'm guessing this will be a vekoma?

Not a Vekoma.

What other manufacturers could it be? The trains in the video looked like Vekoma ones and it would make sense since Farup built Orkanen a couple years back.

It might be Mack or Intamin, when i look closer on the trains they don`t look like the Vekoma family suspended coaster trains.

It's challenging to predict the manufacturer when it's concept art. I'm pretty sure it's Vekoma since they dominate the family coaster (especially suspended family coaster) area, unless MACK or Intamin is doing some new prototype. Regardless, this looks perfect for the park!

That looks awesome! I love how the world is getting more and more high-quality family coasters. It looks like an incredibly fun ride! Will be interesting to see what manufacturer it will be, I'm expecting a Vekoma, but it's not possible to make any conclusions from the video. Concept art can never be trusted 100%.

It will most definitely be an Intamin, it's Djurs and they only buy the most awesome coasters and they have a really great friendship with intamin. It looks extremely awesome!

They have an SFC train design which only uses the bottom part of the Storm Runner restraints. Today maybe it's even updated with the new lap bars from the 10-inversion coasters.

I agree with you _koppen, it definitely could and should be an Intamin! Looks awesome, and nice to see how they keep on focusing on the family area. I heard some rumors that Jora Entertainment would create an entire new theme area, and the log flume and topple tower (Colorado River and Ørnen) should be a part of this area aswell, getting entirely rethemed. I don't think they'll do that next year, but maybe in 2018 together with a new minor ride I guess. Can't wait to hear more about this ride!!!

It's more than concept art, it's a NoLimits sim based on a plan, with a custom train to boot. I'll join the Intamin camp considering they've built Piraten and Juvelen for the park previously, and that the seats and lap restraints look like they've come straight off of Taron.

Press release confirms Intamin.

And in a local newspaper, it is mentioned the park will also integrate the existing log flume and topple tower into the new Asian land.

New roller coaster in Djurs Sommerland 2017

Djurs Sommerland invests approximately 12 million € in a huge new family thrill ride, scheduled for completion when the park opens in May 2017. The ride is Djurs Sommerland’s biggest single investment so far and also the biggest single investment in a Danish amusement park. The new ride is Europe’s fastest and longest Family Suspended Coaster – with a combination of elements that makes the ride unique. These will be published at a later time.

• 30 metres tall.

• Maximum speed 85 km/h.

• 825 metres long.

• Expected height restrictions: Minimum 120 cm.

• Capacity: Approximately 750 passengers per hour.

• 2 trains with 14 passengers per train.

• G-force impact: Up to 4 G.

• Duration of ride: Approximately 2 minutes.

The ride manufacturer is Intamin AG, Liechtenstein – www.intaminworldwide.com – who has also supplied Djurs Sommerland with Piraten (2008) and Juvelen (2013). The roller coaster will be constructed in an area of approximately 10.000 square metres. The new ride will be a part of a new, extensive themed area.

Jora Entertainment -www.joraentertainment.com - who participated in the concept development of the themed area Bondegårdsland with 10 rides (2015) as well as the new ride Søulken (2016), will also be assisting in the new 2017 expansion.

The new ride will be the 27th ride addition since Djurs Sommerland built Denmark’s biggest roller coaster Piraten in 2008. During this period more than 53 million € have been invested in new rides and improvement in the park, and the visitor numbers have increased from 487.000 guests in 2007 to 801.000 in 2015. Follow Djurs Sommerland on facebook.com/djurssommerland for updates and pictures of the construction process.

Edited by BDG