TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great to see you were having a great time at Grona Lund. Went there for the first time earlier this month and I was also blown away by how much fun this park was! Are you going to visit Liseberg? Balder is still a beast and Helix was awesome too!

I vote VIP Hobo... Like he found a twenty walking along the street one day

This has been one of the more interesting threads for the Summer so far... Kinda amazed at the different presentation you get in Europe. Makes me want to make a trip over there at some point.

Just curious, how are you guys traveling from park to park? Mix of rail and air travel or mostly air?

Wildfire Back Seat POV! Watch this!!!

CmQhkpqVIAATs-I.jpg

Look where we are at now!

CmQijJvUsAEpgvY.jpg

Photos do not do this ride justice. #Wildfire @Kolmarden

CmQwO3FVMAE0uC2.jpg

CmQwO3WUIAI2luz.jpg

CmQwO38UMAAa1g_.jpg

CmQwO7IUIAA8glR.jpg

We have been riding #Wildfire over and over this morning @Kolmarden. Holy crap this ride is just INSANE CRAZY!!!

CmR38kHWAAAFRMy.jpg

Another shot of the amazing #Wildfire @Kolmarden!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CmSSIwKWAAA97vl.jpg

CmSSIwMXYAA388I.jpg

CmSSIwNWgAAm4b1.jpg

CmSSIxxXgAAeExn.jpg

Kolmarden is more than just Wildfire! They have some amazing behind the scenes animal encounters!

CmSVgvhXgAAdZSW.jpg

CmSVgvhWcAAkne-.jpg

CmSVgv4WAAAB38K.jpg

CmSVgx9WYAARmxd.jpg

It was cool being able to get so close to the Tigers @Kolmarden!

CmSYcmnW8AAWbfD.jpg

Awesome sign @Kolmarden Zoo! Very good advice, too!

CmSbZxcWEAA1Axu.jpg

CmSbZx5XgAADNfD.jpg

CmSbZyJWgAA8egQ.jpg

CmSbZ7MXYAAp3A6.jpg

And just like with the Tigers, @Kolmarden has a cool behind the scenes tour for the lions, too!

CmSd8W7XYAEN8xN.jpg

CmSd8XcXgAAXR6C.jpg

CmSd8XrWcAAPXoq.jpg

CmSd8gEWcAAML7U.jpg

The Safari ride @Kolmarden was great! 25 min gondola ride over the Savannah! And they are gonna let us feed animals!

CmSkFIJWcAAzie9.jpg

CmSkFISWIAAMV04.jpg

CmSkFIaXYAA-cQI.jpg

CmSkFRcWgAA1UHH.jpg

The girls are dropping food down to the giraffes!

CmSyKXKWgAAUzWW.jpg

CmSyKX6WgAE9LXi.jpg

CmSyKX3WYAAE0LD.jpg

Kristen is going throw some meat down to the lions... Although they already are eating an entire horse!

CmS-dxmWcAAxCzT.jpg

Want some more awesome pics of #Wildfire @kolmarden? Here ya go!

CmTDcTtWEAA-PES.jpg

This ape is all "anyone got some children they want to throw my way?"

CmTDeaWWcAAJpbm.jpg

CmTDebaWEAAK0HF.jpg

We got to see some Marmosets @Kolmarden which is a really really small monkey!

CmTDhr1WcAE6mdS.jpg

CmTDhr0WgAA__o-.jpg

CmTDhr1WAAACWEt.jpg

CmTDhr1WIAAnMbT.jpg

The gondola safari ride is a fantastic way to see all the animals!

CmTGTp0WAAAZVYa.jpg

How's this for an awesome photo of #Wildfire?

CmTKyrSWYAAVBKU.jpg

When Peter isn't making rides for Grona Lund or Kolmarden, apparently he sells boots!

CmTK002XYAA9_0s.jpg

CmTK01QWAAAeaF5.jpg

CmTK02GWEAAOOiq.jpg

Time to get the kiddie coaster credit in the Bamses World area!

CmTK18aWEAEuzpZ.jpg

CmTK2BWW8AAlIry.jpg

There is also a dolphin themed Vekoma roller skater in the marine area. Plenty for kids to do @Kolmarden!

CmTLOowVYAEPcJ4.jpg

CmTLSMVUEAAYCB4.jpg

CmTLULiVMAACVrl.jpg

CmTLWK3UIAEwefK.jpg

A few shots from the Wildfire station. Great effort by @Kolmarden and the RMC trains are great! (Photos by Andy Hatzos)

CmTNEhlWgAAd-5o.jpg

CmTNEhmW8AAuV95.jpg

CmTNEhnXgAAqW-a.jpg

CmTNEkCWgAAV214.jpg

Checking out some other animal exhibits @Kolmarden Zoo.

CmTQNQJUIAAs19v.jpg

CmTQNQKVIAAqZ5L.jpg

CmTQNQUUcAALrJK.jpg

Yay! They have a "dolphins doing tricks" show @Kolmarden!

CmTNGemWYAAEgxl.jpg

CmTNGeoWIAE6j-s.jpg

CmTNGiHWIAA8SDH.jpg

CmTNGiHXEAA8gGK.jpg

For lunch, the owners of @Kolmarden took us to a hidden "lodge" within #Wildfire's structure! Awesome!

CmTNHUCWgAEI_uT.jpg

CmTNHVSWYAErAGE.jpg

CmTNHWdW8AIudOm.jpg

CmTNHXoWIAAqk7Q.jpg

Inside the lodge @Kolmarden are some photos of the Wildfire team, great views of the coaster, and of course beer!

CmTNKYIWEAAzSG4.jpg

I was give a special #Wildfire "axe" that they only made for the team and those who helped with the ride! Thank you!

CmTQRCZUcAAnLeP.jpg

CmTQRCeUkAAI01K.jpg

CmTQRC5VMAAgS9E.jpg

CmTQRDvUcAAe9tZ.jpg

Hanno took some awesome pics of #Wildfire!

CmTULr4VUAEdpW9.jpg

CmTUNLiVIAE6eMm.jpg

We ended up taking 26 rides on Wildfire during our morning and evening ride sessions!

(Photos by Andy Hatzos)

CmTmApYWYAYmY-F.jpg

Hanno captures the "haritime" of Wildfire!

CmTmClFXgAAGzuU.jpg

Another awesome Hanno photo of #Wildfire!

CmTuQa8XYAASzhq.jpg

Would you believe this shot was taken at the start of our "evening" ERT? lol

CmTuiseXgAARyGM.jpg

CmTuitnXYAA4tJx.jpg

CmTuiujWEAEuqaw.jpg

CmTuizxWYAAdCaO.jpg

We did a total of 26 laps on #Wildfire today @Kolmarden! Each was just as good as the first!

CmTv2E_WAAIH4gy.jpg

Hanno captures some more "hairtime" on #Wildfire @Kolmarden!

CmW1LfeXgAAcGZp.jpg

Even Kristen ranked #WildFire @kolmardren as one of her favorite coasters in the world! She's been on hundreds!

Kolmarden put together an amazing video sharing with you all my "review" of Wildfire!

I know this whole Europe trip has probably made you super tired of people asking you to compare coasters but I've got to ask after you said one of the best in your review video... is this now your favorite RMC or is it still to close to call compared to Outlaw Run, Medusa etc?

I know this whole Europe trip has probably made you super tired of people asking you to compare coasters but I've got to ask after you said one of the best in your review video... is this now your favorite RMC or is it still to close to call compared to Outlaw Run, Medusa etc?

I honestly don't want to compare them. I mean it's up there... REALLY FAR UP THERE... but really I like all the RMC's almost the same. My favorites of the company are: Wildfire, Outlaw Run, Medusa, Wicked Cyclone, Texas Giant, probably not in that order, and I'm not sure I could rank them if you asked me to!

This looks like such a beautiful park...and the close-up and trams are both such unique concepts for viewing animals - how cool is that?

And Wildfire just looks freaking amazing...wow.

I have got to get back to Germany and to Scandinavia soon!

I mean like the souviner ones you can buy

Yeah, BDG just made a GIF of where in the ride the On-Ride photo is taken. You can see the camera flash.

Oh thanks! Totally missed that wasn't playing right on my phone, my bad. Can't wait to eventually get over there and get one!

I'm very late on this but your TR on Heide-Park hit the nail on the head by calling it the "Thorpe Park of Germany". I never thought they wouldn't bother at all with the Q-bot system and the single rider lines though, it was much less crowded than this when I went in April and they had both lines open (although they handled it very sloppily by for example not opening the Q-bot lines until after noon).

Love the TR on Kolmården though. Makes me all the more excited for Wildfire!

This whole trip was excellent--and Wildfire was the perfect way to finish it. There's airtime galore, and the last corkscrew is particularly crazy!

Those wondering if Wildfire was really "that good".. The answer is YES. It was my favorite coaster on the trip. I rode Balder the next day and to me it couldn't compare to Wildfire, and many have Balder as their favorite of any kind of woodie. (Yes, I know they are different types, but still) That part where Robb says in the video something like "how is this legal" is my favorite part of the coaster... You seem to hang upside down for several seconds, while I'm sure it's probably about 1.5-2 seconds.. It's just a super reride-able blast and definitely worth a trip if you're in the area.

Kolmarden looks like such a fun park and Wildfire looks incredible!

CmSyKX3WYAAE0LD.jpg

And this... This is amazing! I've never seen animals in any American parks/zoos eating real animal flesh like this in such a natural form--it would always be processed meat or they would be fed backstage. Just awesome to see the cultural differences when it comes to visibility to certain things in these parks versus the US ones. Thanks for sharing!