TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there a Fundue place at Europa as that would be the next step. Melted cheese mixed with wine and you consume it with incredible bread.

Ugh, now I am hungry

Yes, there is. But you have to pre-book as it's not on the regular menu. EIther in the Swiss village or the Hotel Santa Isabel.

Cl4ypm4WQAQj5Dz.jpg

The best attraction @europa_park isn't a ride, it's our own personal Raclette Hut! Best theme park food EVER!!!

Imagine! A world filled with all these gorgeous roller coasters. And THEN, your own Raclette Hut!! Be still my melting heart!

Alice

Cl4ypm4WQAQj5Dz.jpg

The best attraction @europa_park isn't a ride, it's our own personal Raclette Hut! Best theme park food EVER!!!

Imagine! A world filled with all these gorgeous roller coasters. And THEN, your own Raclette Hut!! Be still my melting heart!

Alice

Cl9MWPxWgAAQeHB.jpg

Cl9MWPxWYAAwEmq.jpg

Cl9MWPzWQAAXc8O.jpg

Cl9MWScWgAAZUXT.jpg

We are back @europa_park for day two of our visit!

Cl9P0-YWIAAwpfV.jpg

Cl9P0-YXEAA7X1_.jpg

Cl9P0-XXEAAVT--.jpg

This morning we are trying out the VR coasters @europa_park! The system works surprisingly well and is lots of fun!

Cl9VJImWkAAbFWl.jpg

Cl9VJIsWQAAFOZy.jpg

Cl9VJIxWEAAvDHK.jpg

Attention to detail @europa_park is incredible. These statues at Wodan that move their heads when the train arrives!

Cl9XyF7WAAAc9aF.jpg

Wodan @europa_park is one of only a few wooden roller coasters in Germany!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

Cl9stpUWEAA9_yT.jpg

Blue Fire is a huge fan favorite roller coaster @europa_park! Who loves this ride?

[twitter]

[/twitter]

Cl9-Eb8WgAA3LIE.jpg

Cl9-EcFWQAAj2IY.jpg

Cl9-EcHWQAAgRES.jpg

Cl9-EfmWYAAnG5P.jpg

Adding a giant ball to bumper cars to create "football bumper cars" is a GREAT idea!

Cl-esv6WMAEqP7n.jpg

From the top of Silver Star @europa_park you can see almost the entire layout!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

Cl-tsMgWQAAzI-l.jpg

I love this. I'm not sure why. But I love it! lol

Cl-1M6aUkAAJT2Y.jpg

Cl-1M6ZUYAAT23E.jpg

Cl-1M6eUkAE7wRx.jpg

Cl-1M-4VEAA1nzr.jpg

The group hung out with Arthur today @europa_park! Such a fun ride!

Cl-44GhWAAE0C_n.jpg

Cl-44GnXIAEKj9X.jpg

Cl-44GnWIAAaAGH.jpg

Cl-44GnWYAAC9c_.jpg

Love Poseidon! Got a group of us to ride it today!

Cl_Gsd1WQAApZDo.jpg

Cl_Gsd8WQAAKYs8.jpg

Cl_Gsd9WkAAjUJt.jpg

Cl_GsgKXIAAAuSa.jpg

This 1900s Carousel is open only for private events @europa_park! It's a piece of amusement history!

Cl_HAPqWAAU_KCj.jpg

Cl_HARDXEAEd6Bf.jpg

Cl_HASRWMAAJRUA.jpg

Cl_HAToXEAEml_E.jpg

Lunch today was some great Italian at Hotel Colosseo!

Cl_IMnDWMAAkO4a.jpg

Cl_IMnFWQAAhjhT.jpg

Cl_IMnEWIAA-6ya.jpg

Cl_IMoBWYAAVpTO.jpg

Taking a few rides on Euro-Mir tonight! Love this funky ride!

Cl_IjYTWAAAkvKs.jpg

Cl_IjZCWgAIW-dr.jpg

Cl_IjatXEAASf3L.jpg

Cl_IjcAXIAENmyk.jpg

Dinner tonight is over at the Saloon in the @europa_park campground! This area is super cute & awesome!

Cl_IyOMXIAEn7Oy.jpg

Cl_IyQCWgAAkCnf.jpg

Cl_IyRTWYAA03yQ.jpg

Seriously great ribs, steaks, & burgers! A hidden gem @europa_park resort!

Cl_JDNDWQAEyCHv.jpg

Our "anti-social social networking" table! lol

Cl_JOWTWMAEhlm6.jpg

Super huge thanks to Jakob, Denise, and everyone @europa_park for a FANTASTIC day!

Cl_JlrGWYAEyycg.jpg

Cl_JlsPXIAIBSr7.jpg

Cl_Jlt6WAAEhB4F.jpg

Cl_JlvZWIAA7AXf.jpg

Getting back to our hotel we saw some of @europa_park lit up! Looks amazing! What an awesome day today!

Follow our trip LIVE on Twitter!

I added this video to our Holiday Park report:

PS. and yes, I know that 24 flips is not a huge amount especially for those who are obsessed with rides, go all the time, and know how to flip this thing 50-70 times (as we've been told many times by people who feel the need to brag about their count) but for a *NORMAL HUMAN* - one that doesn't go to parks every day, constantly obsess over rides, and don't know the inner-workings of every theme park attraction, going upside down 24 times on *ANYTHING* is a huge deal and not something that most people will ever do.

This video was created for "fun" not for some weird competition for other people to be all "WELL...I can do this SOOOO MUCH better than YOU!"

I just wanted to put that disclaimer out there because the internet full of ride nerds have already told me how much I suck at doing this ride...and I frankly don't really care.

Edited by robbalvey

All of these parks look just amazing. Remind me of BGW. Really, really wish we had more parks in the US with this level of theming, landscaping, attention to detail, etc. I love thrills rides as much as the next guy, but I'm a sucker for theming and attention to detail. Even just a little bit can make a good ride/park/restaurant great.

How are the operations on their vr ride? Do the headsets feel any different then the six flags ones if you have been on any of them?

I did a month ago Six Flags and EP is much better,, Much faster operations (duh can it be worse dan SF?) they only use the front par tof the train and system is beter to put on and ride it..

Regarding Expedition GeForce merchandise, how much is the seat?

Um... Did you not notice we posted the price list????

I did, but I cannot read German, thanks for (sort of) helping me though. Break out the google translate!

30 EUro

CmBk35xXIAAyClw.jpg

CmBk36pWYAAg77j.jpg

CmBk37yWAAAo1yJ.jpg

CmBk38YXIAAMeUQ.jpg

Day three @europa_park has begun!

CmBhw9EXIAEaKLi.jpg

Great advice from @europa_park!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CmBxTSIWYAAwMzW.jpg

CmBxTSPWMAAIICx.jpg

CmBxTSiWMAAJIQm.jpg

It is a fresh crepe kind of morning here @europa_park!

CmB1u3KWkAI9PE_.jpg

CmB1u3nWYAAX9Gd.jpg

CmB1u3_XEAAgQ1c.jpg

Time for the ice skating show!

CmCAjMTWIAIEhwG.jpg

Wow!!! The @europa_park ice show was just FANTASTIC! No spoilers, but DON'T MISS IT!!!

CmCHdljWIAAg0f-.jpg

CmCHdlzWIAEV7gT.jpg

CmCHdmSWQAAAhw_.jpg

CmCHdnPXIAANBEC.jpg

Day three of @europa_park means day three of Raclette!

CmCS9-VWAAA6-Uy.jpg

Who can guess what park we are at now?

CmCkKV3WIAEftba.jpg

CmCkKWRXEAAK3Ne.jpg

CmCkKWzWYAAV-iP.jpg

Just a few more Poffertjies before we have to leave @europa_park!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CmDI0PxWgAEiS2S.jpg

The station for Blue Fire @europa_park! Talk about some seriously fast operations!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CmDYy0uWEAAIxxB.jpg

CmDYy0yXEAANJWl.jpg

CmDYy03WkAAT34o.jpg

Europa Park sure does love their giant balls!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CmDnqw_WQAAD78H.jpg

CmDnqxJWkAA4fRG.jpg

CmDnqx4WYAEdkCv.jpg

CmDnqx8WQAIt2bD.jpg

Blue Fire @europa_park really is a kick-ass amazing ride! Had to ride it a few more times today!

CmDtC4QWAAA-kk7.jpg

CmDtC5hXEAA0EMv.jpg

CmDtC5iWAAEpgmK.jpg

CmDtC6JWMAIYS4M.jpg

The Haunted House @europa_park includes some creepy and funny characters! Very Disney-like in its style.

CmD3eDmXIAAm8Yf.jpg

Always really liked the look of this airplane ride!

CmD65PaWIAANLnh.jpg

There is a shout out to @quassyamusement in the lobby of @europa_park Hotel Bell Rock!

CmEGrHpUkAE91wM.jpg

You can almost see Garbles & Sarah in the front seat!

CmEMQq-VEAAemhn.jpg

CmEMQrAUsAAtHiA.jpg

CmEMQq-VEAEHgnq.jpg

CmEMQsmVYAA8nT_.jpg

Ending our 3-day visit to @europa_park with a last ride on Euro-Mir!

CmETkcvUYAAaWoH.jpg

Had a great 3-day visit to one of my top 3 parks in the world! @europa_park! See you again in about 15 months!

EDIT: So Europa asked us "Is there anything we an do better?" and even the most perfect resort probably has a few things that you may think "I wonder why they do this?" or "I'm a little surprised by...." and while there really are not many things I can think of, these are a couple of questions/comments since they asked:

1. No "Virtual Queue" option. I get that Europa Park prides themselves on capacity and their queues are some of the fastest I've ever stood in with some of the best operations, but having said that, just about everyone in our group would have been willing to spend 50EUR each to not have to wait 35 minutes for Blue Fire or Silver Star every time they wanted to ride. And the reality is they probably would be out spending money on some of the amazing food while they wait!

2. Speaking of food - The park has some of the best food items we have ever had at the park: Raclette, fresh Crepes, Poffertjies, Gelato, Burrata, Waffles on a Stick, the list goes on and on... and as much as we loved the food, we felt the wait times at many of the food stands took quite a while. Now would we rather wait for freshly made crepes, Raclette right off the grill over pre-made warmed up items? Absolutely! But there were a few times where it seems a bit long.

3. Beverages at more food stands - There were quite a few times we were looking for a "Bottle of soda or water" and found many snack stands that did not sell any drinks at all. A fridge stocked with water, coke, coke zero, sprite, even just a small handful of options would have been nice.

None of these things detracted from our visit at all, and we had to really stop and *think* about things we would say needed improvement or we would question, so that speaks volumes for the park. I hate writing anything even remotely negative about one of my favorite places in the world because I understand that it's impossible to be "perfect" in every way possible, but when someone asks, I'll at least respond with a couple of things, because saying "Oh, no, there is nothing at all you can do to improve" also wouldn't be totally honest.

Edited by robbalvey