lign:center;margin:0 auto;">

Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

P. 32- Final Report! Cruise, Greece, Rome & Two Italy Parks!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby bluestreak » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:59 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Rollertoaster wrote:I think I like the return to small-group TRs. Somehow I think it helps the focus and feel of the report.

Well, personally, we weren't having fun on the "tours" because all the a$$hole people ruined it for us, so we are back to having fun again at the parks, and I hope that shows in the TR's!

In short, these are REAL trip reports from *US* actually enjoying the parks and having a good time, not just a bunch of "ok, everyone, smile for the camera because I have to put your stupid annoying asses in a report when I get back home..." pictures. ;)

Amen to that! Like others have said, I was saving up $ to one day go on one of these tours but I completely understand why they had to be stopped. Amusement Parks are about having fun, not bitching about every little thing. By doing that you're totally missing the point of an amusement park and should definitely find a different hobby.
I hope at some point I can talk you into letting me come on one of the tours :lmao: but seriously... just go out and have fun riding rides and screwing around.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:12 am

If you're not enjoying what you're doing, you're doing it wrong. Great to see/hear that you guys are back to just going to parks and having fun!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Six Flags Haiti » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:28 am

Toverland really was a pleasant surprise and I wish we could have parks like that in America. I stopped there thinking it would be a smash and grab for the creds, but we ended up spending hours there with a 2 year old bouncing off everything. :lmao:
Capital H's count: About 350
Jude Dude's count: 5

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hhappy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:41 am

Six Flags Haiti wrote:Toverland really was a pleasant surprise and I wish we could have parks like that in America. I stopped there thinking it would be a smash and grab for the creds, but we ended up spending hours there with a 2 year old bouncing off everything. :lmao:

It's such a fun place to visit :)
Should be going there more often as it's just a good hour drive for me.
Last edited by Hhappy on Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:42 am.
I'm dutch.. not much i can do about that
My coasters/parks and other stuff photo's

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:25 am

Six Flags Haiti wrote:Toverland really was a pleasant surprise and I wish we could have parks like that in America. I stopped there thinking it would be a smash and grab for the creds, but we ended up spending hours there with a 2 year old bouncing off everything. :lmao:

Or even just watching other crazy people injuring themselves. ;) Toverland is a lot of fun.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby TBpony414 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:57 pm

I can't believe how cool Toverland is! Definitely have to get over there some day and check it out. I love ropes courses and jungle gym stuff, anything that would never be allowed in the US, Bobkarts and a backwards log flume is the cherry on top. Having a good group of people always makes things more fun too. Thanks for posting!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:09 pm

Love all the photos so far!!!!

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby RCT3Bross » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:34 pm

Toverland really is the park of surprises, I wasn't expecting much from my first visit back i 2013 but when I came there I had more fun then some bigger parks I visited.

And Robb I totaly understand you, while yes I like to meet you some day, if that required you to be around that kind of people I rather never meet you at all.
Have fun the rest of the trip.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2017: Efteling, Movie Park, Parque Warner Madrid, PortAventura, Skyline park, Disneyland Paris, Parc Asterix, Phantasialand.
2017 Rides: Star Trek (Movie park), Red Force (Ferrari land), Sky Dragster (Skyline), Pégase Express (Parc Asterix).

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby djmcbell » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:17 pm

The Catacombs in Paris were a huge surprise to us when we went a few years ago. It is probably as close to Skyrim as you'll get in real life. Very eerie and weirdly split into two sections - I think the first section was unfilled, and one of the builders years back even carved a model of the port town he called home all those years ago. The second, as you've seen from the photos, is where the bones were (and no, we most certainly didn't touch any).

Of course, for those interested, it is a LONG walk down - and, of course, back up again!

If you're in Paris it's definitely something to do, and we found it pretty easy to get to (hint - if you're staying at Disneyland Paris, you can pick up an RER/Metro ticket that gives you pretty good access to the trains. Can't recall if the train from Disneyland Paris goes to Paris, but you could go to Serris / Val d'Europe and go from there. Another hint - if you're flying into CDG, the CDG airport actually has a train station and you can catch a TGV that goes straight to Disneyland Paris in roughly 10 minutes)
Last edited by djmcbell on Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:20 pm.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:19 pm

Today we have arrived at @Efteling in the Netherlands! Follow along with us at this awesome park!

The park has opened up Baron 1898 early for us so we can come in and film!

Got some good rides in on Baron 1898 @Efteling! Should have some fun footage to post soon!

Flying Dutchman was up next. The station alone is a highlight of this ride!

Next we hit up "Bob" which is an old-school Intamin bobsled ride! Still loads of fun!

Efteling is another beautifully landscaped and well-themed park which we don't have in the USA.

Dreamflight is @Efteling's signature dark ride! It's themed to fairies and castles and trolls and things!

Vogel Rok... Space Mountain meets birds!

Um... Stroopwafels are OMFG amazing! Freshly cooked, sliced in half and all syruped up! YUM!

The construction for the new Symbolica dark ride coming in 2017

Taking a ride on "Fata Morgana" @Efteling Pirates-like boat ride based on 1001 Arabian Nights.

More of the awesome landscaping and theming you'll find @Efteling.

Yep. We are even riding the Vekoma! :)

In @Efteling's fairy tale land you can see some pretty awesome bizarre looking stuff!

Love the nice relaxing boat ride @Efteling which gives you a nice break in the middle of the day!

Poffertjes > Funnel Cake! Especially since half of these have liquor in them! :P (Note the kids have the non-liquor!)

Raveleijn was all kinds of cool! I mean, we saw a HORSE ON FIRE!!! Awesome!

First the show then an amazing dinner! Highly recommend Raveleijn!

And after a great day @Efteling, we recommend staying at the Efteling Hotel! Had a great day at the park!

And once again, a clip of HORSE ON FIRE!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!