TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kristen rode her first SLC today @WalibiBelgium... She said she loved it!!!

As someone who's been on Vampire, I've gotta say...

HOW?

Guess there`s love for EVERY single rollercoaster inside of her...a worlds first when it comes to an SLC.

But honestly...she`s Robb`s an Elissa`s child...so if not her, then who ?

HOW?

She succumbed to the Vampire's hypnotic eyes!

HOW?

She succumbed to the Vampire's hypnotic eyes!

This wall of text is going to be a rant...

Today we took a wonderful private group tour of the Paris Catacombs with a very informative Italian tour guide. He was awesome!

However, this small 18 person tour reminded me of exactly why I can never be a tour guide again and had to stop doing our public tours before I would go legit insane from my pure hatred of most people.

We saw just about every example of terrible behavior represented in this small group that I can easily cross reference to our own TPR tour groups that we have encountered over the years.

For example...

Self-entitled people not following directions and doing whatever the hell they felt like, people touching things when they were just told not to, people taking flash pictures when it clearly says no flash, assburgers people who can't sit still and ask a million questions and keep talking and talking and talking, people asking just insanely stupid questions that make everyone around them dumber for listening, people who would interrupt and blurt stuff out over what the guide would say to show everyone how smart they were, people questioning the guide on minor details as though their information was more important or more accurate or somehow mattered, obnoxious kids who were fudging CLIMBING on ancient ruins and falling off them annoying the rest of the group, people trying so hard to impress everyone else with all the French they knew as if the next person actually gives half a poo-poo, and of course people leaving the tour and not tipping the guide after he just put up with their poo-poo for over two hours.

And then there was us. The four of us who quietly kept to ourselves enjoying the tour, listened to what the guide had to say, respected all the rules and our surroundings and didn't try to go out of our way to impress total strangers with whatever pointless comments we would have made.

Is it really too much to ask for people to just be like us? And what we've realized over the years is that it is. People just can't quietly enjoy something without having to feel so important and blurt out factoids, corrections, organize their own personal agenda around ours, brag about their personal coaster counts, and other pointless inane crap that they think everyone cares about but nobody does. And after ten years of putting up with that crap, I just couldn't take it anymore and only want to travel with people more like us. Is that a bad thing? I don't think so.

At the end of the tour we thanked our guide, gave him a nice tip, and wished we could tell him that I fully respect him for having more patience with people than I ever had, but I'm not sure he would quite understand.

Anyway, it was a great tour. Looking forward to our next one that is a private personal tour without any other idiot people because I'm pretty sure if our tour went any longer we would have been adding more bones to the catacombs.

Thanks for reading. /end rant

oh. So that's what happened with your tours. It's too bad. I was saving up to go on one. I can totally relate to your rant. Sometimes I feel like a crotchety old man over how annoyed I get with people's self-entitlement. I guess you just can't have nice things.

Loup Garou - most comfortable Vekoma ever. Those trains were like riding a sofa!

I rather ride vampire. Seats are okay turns not so much.

And now you got to experience Pulsar for yourself Elissa, how wet was wet?

Great trip report so far.Enjoy our beautiful country and themeparks Rob and Elissa! ( and the rest of the group of course).

Hello when are you going to efteling for vogelrok. It's one of my favourite coasters in the world
Either you're joking or you consider the north-east part of the Efteling as 'the world'.

ClE8jdkUgAALbUD.jpg

ClE8jeBUgAARtfb.jpg

ClE8jeiUYAAu6yb.jpg

ClE8jkHUkAAv5qB.jpg

Today we are @toverland in the Netherlands. This seriously is one of the more unique and fun parks in the world!

ClFBaWoWMAArLcw.jpg

ClFBaXZXEAAkvrP.jpg

ClFBaXSWIAEQDr6.jpg

ClFBaefWYAEjPj0.jpg

There are so many awesome open playgrounds for kids to have fun in!

ClFHeslUkAADssa.jpg

ClFHerpUgAAS-Gl.jpg

ClFHetGUgAEzQdI.jpg

ClFHewpVEAICHDa.jpg

The park also has a really cool collection of roller coasters!

ClFKxDJWkAQishe.jpg

ClFKxEEWIAAxQKW.jpg

ClFKxHXWMAESOzA.jpg

ClFKxDnWEAEsuPB.jpg

The park @toverland is also extremely well landscaped & themed. Far better than 90% of US parks!

ClGJIz5WAAAZNsz.jpg

ClGJIz2WAAA0Z7P.jpg

ClGJIz3XEAA70kr.jpg

Doing some filming on the Booster Bike @toverland! It might not be Tron but it's still awesome!

ClGK8T6XEAA07z4.jpg

ClGK8T8WkAQURC-.jpg

ClGK8T7WgAEhCCI.jpg

Just some of the super cool theming on @toverland's Bobkart ride!

ClGO0wBWkAAYiIs.jpg

Look! Europe has adult-sized rides that go fast with no seat belt at all! Shame we couldn't have this in America...

ClGTZvWVAAEDjbO.jpg

ClGTZvsUgAAKRTc.jpg

This "email my on ride photo to myself for €2" kiosk was super cool! Great idea!

ClGZw7qWAAE74nF.jpg

ClGZw7sWIAI_w6a.jpg

ClGZw7rXEAA0Yod.jpg

ClGZw9cWIAACimI.jpg

They have a really good "reversing log flume" @toverland! We may or may not have recorded another "log flume" video!

ClGeQgxWYAA2wPp.jpg

One example of how Europe parks are more trustworthy & guests are less sue-happy than in the USA. Never in America!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

ClGooH0UoAA2VgV.jpg

This is what we call the "triangle of death" (or should it be cone of death?) Either way it's totally nuts!

ClGopXhWMAAQM2k.jpg

ClGopaEWgAAqBrO.jpg

ClGopaMWgAAYsWl.jpg

ClGopaNWYAAtsIr.jpg

Not only does @toverland have awesome playgrounds for kids, but they have them for adults, too!

ClGouxeWEAAod5o.jpg

ClGouy3WgAADF1X.jpg

ClGou0RWkAQVZXn.jpg

ClGou0sWAAAOjEr.jpg

The park started off mostly as an "indoor park" and then expanded outside!

ClGtEOFVYAASLo5.jpg

ClGtEQsVAAA8teq.jpg

ClGtEQxUkAAreV2.jpg

ClGtEOBUsAAjRJz.jpg

Really had a great day @toverland! Nice to see this remains one of our favorite parks in Europe!

I find your lack of more Bobkart photos / videos disturbing. Everyone needs more Bobkart in their lives.

Actually, thinking about it, I feel like a Bobkart would totally work in the US even though it's not that "appealing" to developers. Wiegand sells plenty of Alpine coasters, and people seem to control those just fine.

Edited by A.J.

I think I like the return to small-group TRs. Somehow I think it helps the focus and feel of the report.

Well, personally, we weren't having fun on the "tours" because all the asshole people ruined it for us, so we are back to having fun again at the parks, and I hope that shows in the TR's!

In short, these are REAL trip reports from *US* actually enjoying the parks and having a good time, not just a bunch of "ok, everyone, smile for the camera because I have to put your stupid annoying asses in a report when I get back home..." pictures.

Edited by robbalvey

I think I like the return to small-group TRs. Somehow I think it helps the focus and feel of the report.

Well, personally, we weren't having fun on the "tours" because all the a$$hole people ruined it for us, so we are back to having fun again at the parks, and I hope that shows in the TR's!

In short, these are REAL trip reports from *US* actually enjoying the parks and having a good time, not just a bunch of "ok, everyone, smile for the camera because I have to put your stupid annoying asses in a report when I get back home..." pictures.

Amen to that! Like others have said, I was saving up $ to one day go on one of these tours but I completely understand why they had to be stopped. Amusement Parks are about having fun, not bitching about every little thing. By doing that you're totally missing the point of an amusement park and should definitely find a different hobby.

I hope at some point I can talk you into letting me come on one of the tours but seriously... just go out and have fun riding rides and screwing around.

Toverland really was a pleasant surprise and I wish we could have parks like that in America. I stopped there thinking it would be a smash and grab for the creds, but we ended up spending hours there with a 2 year old bouncing off everything.

It's such a fun place to visit

Should be going there more often as it's just a good hour drive for me.

Edited by Hhappy

Toverland really was a pleasant surprise and I wish we could have parks like that in America. I stopped there thinking it would be a smash and grab for the creds, but we ended up spending hours there with a 2 year old bouncing off everything.

Or even just watching other crazy people injuring themselves. Toverland is a lot of fun.