TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Game of Thrones

gisco

Hmmm. After last Sunday's episode, I have the feeling Joffrey and Margaery have something else

going on. While it appears they have "given themselves over to God," I'm not quite sure about it.

They may be plotting to get rid of Sparrows, from within.

Stay tuned....

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ Oh darnit, I was sure I had the names right. lol.

And you're right. Joffrey helping out "from beyond",

would not be so out of the question in this series, heh.

Thanks for the correction, and I'm sticking with

my being OLD as my excuse.

I knew it! (Last Sunday's episode)

When I heard the 'krinkle' of paper when Margaery hugged her Grandma, Lady Olenna.

And then of course, Grandma unfolded it later, out of sight (hopefully) of others...

Aha! Margaery's hanging in there, for Loras!

and as to the other big move in last night's episode. . . here's what i posted on FB earlier (that has a LOT of my friends going "hmmmmmmm")

Everyone caught up on GoT from last night?. . . good, cause I"m gonna say something that may or may not be a spoiler.

No way in Hell was that Arya.

The "clues" don't add up:

1) was too casual and blatant walking around the market and booking passage to Westeros (what???)

2) where was Needle?

3) how did she get *any* money? she was barely scraping by as a begger.

Nope. . I think that was a "test" of the waif, and one she failed. Remember, Jogen told her to kill Arya swiftly and not to let her suffer -- something stabbing her repeatedly in the stomach is NOT doing. . . .

SO.. . that wasn't Arya, that was Jogen testing the Waif (and she failed).

*if* by some chance in hell that WAS Arya? . . then it was a set up with the Actress from the theater troupe (using lots of padding and stage blood) to draw out the assassin Arya knew was coming.

But i'll stick with my theory that it was Jogen wearing Arya's face.

^ Good point. When "she" was hit repeatedly with the knife, and then fell into the water,

and THEN survived enough to crawl back up on land?

David and I just looked at each other and went....."What was that?"

We'll probably find out more next episode, unless they cover

the others in the next, who weren't featured in this episode.

And Sandor's back, too! Awesome! And he's out to get even for the village massacre,

AND to get Brienne, too.

I love it.

and as to the other big move in last night's episode. . . here's what i posted on FB earlier (that has a LOT of my friends going "hmmmmmmm")

Everyone caught up on GoT from last night?. . . good, cause I"m gonna say something that may or may not be a spo

1) was too casual and blatant walking around the market and booking passage to Westeros (what???)

2) where was Needle?

Nope. . I think that was a "test" of the waif, and one she failed. Remember, Jogen told her to kill Arya swiftly and not to let her suffer -- something stabbing her repeatedly in the stomach is NOT doing. . . .

*if* by some chance in hell that WAS Arya? . . then it was a set up with the Actress from the theater troupe (using lots of padding and stage blood) to draw out the assassin Arya knew was coming.

So what do you think of your theory now?

I had a theory from back in season 1 and 2 that kinda came true, but has kind of been debunked, but now might be true again I don't know. My theory back then was that Arya's sword teacher Syrio Forell was a faceless man and was Jaqen H'ghar. At that time in the story the only two people in the show from Bravos directly interacted with Arya so there was some Bravosi connection there, and obviously she ended up in the House of Black and White training with the faceless men. The other half of my theory is that Ned Stark knew what was coming and hired a faceless man protect his youngest daughter, and after Sunday's episode that might still be true somehow, I mean Jaqen let Arya go when you would think he easily could have killed here in that situation, I don't think the faceless men would willingly let someone take their secrets back out into the World but he let her walk away, or it would appear that he has at this point. Now the part about Jaqen ordering the waif to kill Arya, I don't know, maybe that was another test or something, but I feel that there is more to this story to be revealed other than Arya sails back to Westeros and all is well.

Everyone caught up on GoT from last night?. . . good, cause I"m gonna say something that may or may not be a spo

2) where was Needle?

So what do you think of your theory now?

I think what they went with was incredibly underwhelming, and means that our time in Braavos was pretty much a waste.

sure, Arya trained as an assassin, but she didn't give up here name, and is really no better off then she was before.

bleh.

my theory was better

^ Is it? I wasn't keeping track about how many episodes were left.

But... about last night! What a bloodbath that was! I couldn't watch the screen

a couple of times, it just kept going on and on and on. Very intense battle that was.

And Dany and her dragons laying waste to a ship or two was pretty cool to watch.

Hopefully, the season finale next weekend, is a good one.

And Entertainment Weekly, did a recent article on these last two episodes of the season,

(with no spoilers) and noting that the next season will have only 7 episodes, not 10 like the others.

OMG. .

no spoilers from me, but easily one of the best season finales of ANY show, EVER.

just one "HOLY CRAP!!!!" moment after another.

spectacular.

Everybody seems now set in their positions, ready to take on each other, eventually.

I'm sad about a particular 'loss' in the Finale.

But, that's the way it went, apparently.

I hope the next season isn't too far, far away.

So who is John Snow's father? Rhaegar Targaryen ? That would make him Dany's nephew. Ned Stark claiming him from as his son when his sister died would keep Robert Baratheon from killing him because he is a Targaryen. Wouldn't that also make John the heir to the throne? Rhaeger would have been next in line after the Mad King was killed making John in line.

• 2 weeks later...

Next season filming is going to be delayed because of weather! Because Winter has come finally they want it to be a bit gloomier when filming so they are waiting for ..... Winter. No word yet on if it will bump the season from its usual start in March

(Didn't think of that.)

March?

(Actually, we've done the smart thing, for us, and kept the last couple of eps of the previous seasons,

just to "catch up" just before the new season airs. That said, we'll still get a usual 10-15 minute

"Previously" section, to deal with, heh.)

• 3 weeks later...

^

A local tv station is doing a two week rerun (Mon-Fri nights) of the entire Season 1.

Starting tomorrow night. Uncut, and with minimal commercials.

We need a catch-up, on how this whole bloody mess started, heh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We're nearly finished watching Season 3. Again.

And I still do not believe we have actually gone back to the beginning, and re-watched every episode, so far.

We're nuts. And I'm pretty sure, we have never done that for any show, comedy or drama, etc. A first!