TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

I liked DLP when I went last year, but I have to say, it really left me underwhelmed. When I went with my school trip in June, we couldn't go to the Studios park, which already was a bummer due to the missed credits on ToT, Rock n' Roller Coaster and Crush's Coaster, and when we first got to the park, both BTM and Space Mountain were shut down. BTM reopened later, but apparently, SM wasn't going to open until late July. It was fine, but it left me wanting more. The parade at the end totally made up for it all, though.

Can't wait for the rest of the TR! Are you guys gonna go to Italy too? I might be there!

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People just can't quietly enjoy something without having to feel so important and blurt out factoids, corrections, organize their own personal agenda around ours, brag about their personal coaster counts, and other pointless inane crap that they think everyone cares about but nobody does.

I laughed so hard at this after just experiencing something similar at Holiwood Nights last weekend. Walking up to the Saturday night dinner there was some kid standing there and I walk by wearing a Magnum XL-200 shirt hear him say in one of the most annoying voices I've ever heard "I know Magnum XL-200; the world's first hyper coaster." I just gave him a thumbs up and continued walking thinking "what enthusiast doesn't know what Magnum is?". Then he blurts out "Also worst restraints on a roller coaster ever." That's the point I got really annoyed. No one cares dude. But I just gave him another thumbs up, kept my mouth shut and kept walking.

It's nice to see pictures of DLP as I haven't seen much of anything from the park before. However, it's sad to hear your review of it and how visitors disregard rules, cut lines, etc. That kind of thing and stupid a$$hole tourists on tours makes me absolutely crazy.

At some point I need to get around to posting the last few years of trips; hopefully I can add a couple more photos to the great ones that Robb and Elissa have taken here.

The pic of the 3 girls in front of Le Louvre is one to frame, as is the selfie of the 4 of you with La Tour Eiffel in the background. Big smiles all around! I wrote down the name of the pizza place you went to as it looks amazing. Do you happen to know what arrondissement it was in?

Thanks for confirming, Larry!

Live tweeting throughout this trip! The best way to follow our adventures is to get on Twitter and follow TPR!

CkvSQVTXIAAfyCK.jpg

We are hanging out at #DisneylandParis again today!

CkvWZcKWUAAVO1M.jpg

CkvWZc1WkAAydMk.jpg

CkvWZe6WgAAb4qJ.jpg

CkvWZfOXAAAyvlh.jpg

Lunch today! We are going to eat at Bistrot Chez Remy!

CkvbyW_W0AAOI_4.jpg

CkvbyXuWEAAI6Gc.jpg

CkvbyX6WYAASCzs.jpg

Ckvbya3XIAI74rG.jpg

The interior of Remy's is insanely cute!

Ckvf11oWYAAPH41.jpg

Ckvf11fWsAAa93J.jpg

Ckvf11wWEAE1c3Q.jpg

Ckvf113WkAAXfS6.jpg

Inside the menu at Chef Remy's!

Ckvlf1IXEAAywAU.jpg

Ckvlf1RWEAAH7oE.jpg

Ckvlf1TXEAA-ZxT.jpg

Ckvlf1pWEAAFbzO.jpg

Just some of our entree's at Chef Remy's! The steak comes with Ratatouille!

CkvtHOVXEAE_2GU.jpg

CkvtHOYWEAAl3aA.jpg

CkvtHPpWkAAbD4L.jpg

CkvtHPsXAAAPpMq.jpg

The desserts at Chef Remy's are just fantastic! Warm gooey chocolate cake!!!

CkvyVMkXAAAWHVt.jpg

CkvyVM1WEAAzcaQ.jpg

CkvyVNJXEAAmQ77.jpg

CkvyVVUWgAI9XcD.jpg

So we have some of this merch at Walt Disney World? I don't think I've seen them.

Ckv6U6_UgAUsfoo.jpg

CkwTujqXEAAi3Rb.jpg

Here are empty smoking areas people don't bother to use because they'd rather just ignore the rules.

CkwLxZSWYAAPQAe.jpg

CkwLxZYWsAA02rR.jpg

CkwLxZWWgAATrDO.jpg

CkwLxcmW0AAp8bj.jpg

#DisneylandParis really does have the best "Mansion." Other than maybe all the pushing in the queue, it's AWESOME!

CkwSw5JWgAAziNF.jpg

Gonna see some French Frozen Summer Fun!

CkwaLiMW0AA0L10.jpg

CkwaLiGWsAM70Ov.jpg

CkwaLiQWYAAEWIy.jpg

CkwaLi2WYAERiqm.jpg

OMG!! The Frozen Singalong at #DisneyParis is amazing!!

Ckwav-kXIAAa60A.jpg

CkwawASWYAA_69F.jpg

CkwawBFWkAA-inU.jpg

CkwawBiXIAAI3XF.jpg

The show is so much more interactive with beach balls, moving screens, dancers, and microphones given to kids!

Ckwci8PWYAIe92P.jpg

Ckwci8vWUAA-mTw.jpg

Ckwci9wW0AA3Y_o.jpg

Ckwci9eWEAAVzsn.jpg

The Frozen Fun area at #DisneylandParis was super cute and VERY popular!

CkwctV5XEAA9np-.jpg

CkwctVTXIAAyW83.jpg

Here was the line to get into the next show! All the French language shows were totally full!

Ckwg3l4XAAEGREJ.jpg

Ckwg3mUXIAAPoSY.jpg

Ckwg3m2WkAESTnT.jpg

Ckwg3pLWYAArRer.jpg

You know what you don't see at #DisneylandParis? Those horrible ECVs! Or as I like to call them "Fat Chariots!"

CkwrNV4VAAA4H4x.jpg

CkwrNW2UUAAGdFR.jpg

CkwrNXxVEAAXu2G.jpg

CkwrNYuUkAAW_eg.jpg

I really want to like Space Mountain at #DisneylandParis in fact I used to *LOVE* it, but now? It's just awful.

[twitter]

/status/742017039267729409[/twitter]

CkxMezeXAAAsw_1.jpg

When one of your major attractions has a 5 min wait when others are 30-40 doesn't that tell you something?

Ckw7bRSWEAEJq8Y.jpg

Ckw7bSJW0AAwTvy.jpg

Ckw7bS2XEAAsnwS.jpg

Ckw7bS8WEAE1G8H.jpg

The World of Disney shop at #DisneylandParis Disney Village is amazing! Beautiful inside!

Ckw8vCnWUAESPCP.jpg

Ckw8vDHWsAE6hyZ.jpg

Ckw8vDZW0AAVOjs.jpg

We did our group dinner in this room on our TPR 2008 tour at Cafe Mickey... We prefer being here on our own!

Ckw_6tyWsAAIYQk.jpg

Ckw_6uRWkAATIsE.jpg

Ckw_6ujWYAAB75z.jpg

Ckw_6u4WkAA15yN.jpg

...and yes! We have #Disney characters!!!

CkxEjEeXIAEmDvB.jpg

CkxEjFAXIAERPSG.jpg

Hey look! Photos with corporate symbols!

CkxFSd_XAAA0yI3.jpg

This guy used to sign my paycheck now I'm giving him my money! How's that for irony?

And we ended the night once again with Disney Dreams, which has to be in the top 3 Disney nighttime shows I've ever seen! Watch this!

[fbvideonew]https://www.facebook.com/themeparkreview/videos/10154309699993566/[/fbvideonew]

Edited by robbalvey

Once you get past the smoking, line jumping, and selfie sticks, it looks like fun.

You know, you're right. They have some very good versions of attractions here, some even better than the US versions (and some that could be better with new trains!)

I've already said that the park would be AWESOME if it were built somewhere else.

Live tweeting throughout this trip! The best way to follow our adventures is to get on Twitter and follow TPR!

Ck0nV14UkAEA7W_.jpg

TPR's summer adventures are underway! Follow along our Twitter the next few weeks!

Ck0vl8_W0AAzoAc.jpg

#DLP fanboys - what used to be here? Been coming to #DisneylandParis since it opened but I don't remember!

Ck1HUE0WUAA9GTT.jpg

Yo ho...

Ck1K6JPWgAA1O2o.jpg

It's the backside of castle!

Ck1LOV3WkAA1qjh.jpg

Ck1LOWRW0AAiA57.jpg

Ck1LOWvWUAAdWqt.jpg

Ck1LOXKXIAEeafA.jpg

The "inside of castle" is pretty damn awesome!

Ck2NYPWWEAI88Nl.jpg

Yes, Pirates at #DisneylandParis has an on-ride photo!

Ck1L6qGWkAAHxfs.jpg

Ck1L6q3XAAAorq5.jpg

Ck1L6rJWkAAY8Tn.jpg

Ck1L6rpWsAAkDSv.jpg

Dear @earlofsandwich - Thank you for having a location at #DisneylandParis! Best quick service on #DLP property!

Ck1OjchWEAAIFfM.jpg

Back on the road again! Our summer adventures have officially begun!

Ck1haOEWEAEzuot.jpg

In France it's "ok" to for girls to use the men's room because they aren't uptight like other places I know.

Ck15XfAWkAAS-7o.jpg

I see an SLC... THROUGH THE TREES!!! @WalibiBelgium Be there soon!

Ck2SgZRXAAA6eGZ.jpg

Check out @thegreatzo having dinner in Belgium!

Ck2SyacWkAAT19T.jpg

Nice small group of 15 on this trip! I can tolerate at least 8 of them!

Edited by robbalvey

Ahhh, are you going to miss the Taron opening by a couple of days or will you stay long enough?

We will miss it, and while it's a little disappointing it's not a huge deal. We are back at Phantasialand next year anyway!

Ck5LCZmUUAANqsW.jpg

This morning our coaster riding adventure starts in Belgium @bobbejaanland!

Ck5RQsFXAAAYRgk.jpg

Love that @bobbejaanland has a great mix of rides for families and thrill seekers!

Ck5U5B_VEAEZtNC.jpg

We are working with @Giroptic to bring you some cool 360 degree roller coaster POVs!

Ck5gek-UUAEVszu.jpg

Got to try the new VR version of Revolution @bobbejaanland! It's awesome! New theme works really well!

Ck5kg5oWsAAYKDm.jpg

Kristen loved the VR version of Revolution! @bobbejaanland

Ck5s5t3XIAANheB.jpg

It's official! We have found "Bench: The Ride" aka The El Paso Special

Ck5w3AiUkAAfEl1.jpg

Ck5w3BLUoAAUfpR.jpg

Ck5w3BbVAAEgWbG.jpg

Ck5w3BxUYAAxvYI.jpg

The indoor kids area @bobbejaanland is super nice! Wish more parks in America had stuff like this.

Ck536YpXEAAwxXY.jpg

Looks like there might be a #ChanceOfReign here @bobbejaanland today!

Ck58JdYWUAATCrx.jpg

Ck58JfkXIAAzQor.jpg

Ck58Jf5XAAARaCe.jpg

Ck58JgSWUAAgAYq.jpg

European parks just have a different look and vibe to parks in America.

[twitter]

[/twitter]

Ck6WnpfUYAACPCI.jpg

They have one of those super kick ass giant Frisbee's here @bobbejaanland! Runs a great program!

Ck6qKVDUgAA6B7O.jpg

Ck6qKVNUUAAfWKu.jpg

Ck6qKVUUkAAjPM1.jpg

Ck6qKbBUkAEXNZu.jpg

We shot plenty of POV video today @Bobbejaanland! Lots of new videos coming soon!

Ck6xLzhUUAAwT8N.jpg

There goes @ElissaAlvey & Kristen on the pedal cars

Ck7G6viUoAASSvg.jpg

I'm pretty sure Revolution may have the longest rain in roller coaster history!

Ck7Heg-UgAA7Gks.jpg

Taking a ride on @bobbejaanland Wild Mouse, Speedy Bob, and with light brakes it IS speedy!!!

Ck6uBWMUYAA-1GA.jpg

Some celebratory beer on the way back from @bobbejaanland! Had a great day at the park!

Dear stupid people of TPR,

If you think that coming on OUR PAGE and challenging my rant with uneducated factoids trying to "prove us wrong" about the international tour business we ran for over ten years is going to be met with a positive response from me, that's where you are VERY wrong.

Your posts have been deleted and your accounts have been banned and you are just another reminder of why we stopped doing tours and why I posted the rant in the first place.

Thank you for helping us justify our decisions.

That's very unfortunate. I always wanted to go on one and maybe some day far off into the far flung future I will. But if you weren't happy doing them and dealing with the fallout I respect the decision not to do them.

Been enjoying the Live tweeting so far. If anything, it's nice to experience these trips from afar.

I'm rather intrigued by the VR version of Revolution, as that coaster is the perfect candidate for that treatment thanks to its long spiral lift and layout.

Rude Moronic People are Everywhere unfortunately, but even when I Still Smoked I respected people enough to ONLY SMOKE in Designated Areas. As I Have said on your posts on Facebook Several Times Robb...You Can't Fix Stupid! However, the Fact that I Know you Will soon be Riding Wildfire Makes Me have Less Sympathy for you than I Normally Would...Lucky Stiff...Just Sayin.

I also got to try the VR in Mount Mara. Although I had 2 major complaints:

1. They open the ride without VR and reopen the ride at 1 o clock with. Which is okay if they still played the video at the lift, they're now better off to go full VR.

2. I'm not a fan to see ride ops collect the VR glasses and then distribute these to the next riders without any cleaning.

Other the that the VR is great. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one to enjoy it. looking forward to the next Trip Report.

Trip report is looking amazing so far, Robb. Super jealous; would love to do a Europe trip with my family, but it doesn't look like it's in the cards any time soon. Hope you guys and gals are enjoying yourself to the fullest and tuning out all the negativity. Looking forward to more updates!

Is Dreamcatcher any good? It always looks like a pretty decent coaster with it's setting and layout but ya never hear much about it positive or negative. Also, I've always wondered why none of North American suspended coasters have ever converted to the floorless suspended trains, I know many of those rides have been taken out of service but it seems like the ones left aren't going anywhere for a while.

Ck_Dv0jUoAMLlUU.jpg

Today we are hanging out @WalibiBelgium! Time to get wet on the new water ride!

Ck_JHVJXEAADIYb.jpg

Ck_JHVVWUAArXXg.jpg

Ck_JHVmW0AEalnj.jpg

Ck_JHWfWkAAi-vB.jpg

We will start our day with Psyke Underground @WalibiBelgium fully refurbished and indoors shuttle loop!

Ck_JyC8WsAEUTHJ.jpg

Ck_JyDbXIAAHwS2.jpg

Ck_JyDvXEAEVW-i.jpg

Ck_JyECW0AAE8ip.jpg

Pulsar is this super weird but totally awesome splash down shuttle coaster! @WalibiBelgium has a hit with this ride!

Ck_Me80UYAAGPK6.jpg

These dudes are about to get super wet!

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

Ck_W5F_VAAAwM4U.jpg

Kristen rode her first SLC today @WalibiBelgium... She said she loved it!!!

Ck_gXnxVAAEbKaC.jpg

Ck_gXtOUYAAmdbr.jpg

Ck_gXpVUkAEkT4n.jpg

Ck_gXozUgAAAzbq.jpg

Pulsar joins @WalibiBelgium's two other decent water rides for a good variety of ways to get wet at this park!

Ck_rLwTWYAAAvud.jpg

Ck_rLwjWsAAH9Kv.jpg

Ck_rLxFXAAAC2u5.jpg

Ck_rL2zXAAAqazU.jpg

You'll find one of the best @SallyCorp shooting dark rides here @WalibiBelgium!

Ck_wLlsUoAASY7K.jpg

Dear @WalibiBelgium we apologize for the adult Americans & 1 Australian that rode the kiddie coaster today!

Ck_1eY_UYAAw9bh.jpg

This was an awesome @CocaCola machine @WalibiBelgium! Put your money in, hug the machine, it gives you a Coke!

Ck_7mfoUUAE3IRx.jpg

Ck_7mdNVEAIr9Sr.jpg

Ck_7mdRUgAE6P9a.jpg

When in Belgium, of course you have to get waffles!!! @WalibiBelgium (I got one with Belgian chocolate!)

ClAIty5UUAACFkG.jpg

ClAIt1FUoAQEYcV.jpg

Joe decided that @WalibiBelgium he's going to eat a small animal... And that's EXACTLY what he did!

ClAQFe-W0AAbBIs.jpg

ClAQFfBWEAA-xrV.jpg

ClAQFfcWEAUns_X.jpg

ClAQFhHWkAAm0Wb.jpg

For being a nearly 20 year old Vekoma woodie, Loup Garou @WalibiBelgium was still lots of fun!

ClAU-CRWkAEICs1.jpg

We did have to stop Sarah from getting a tattoo!

ClAeKmRXAAAjtBp.jpg

Always great running into European TPR fans @WalibiBelgium

ClAkx3PXIAABuCw.jpg

ClAkx1EXIAALDlI.jpg

Had a great day @WalibiBelgium! Nice park, fun rides and Pulsar was great!!!