TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

What I like the most about Knoebels is the fact that they don't blast pop music all over the park. I like being able to just listen to the sounds of the rides and the people on them along with the various band organs throughout the park.

We might be making our first trip to Knoebels in late June. Could someone with more experience tell me what to expect during a late June mid-week visit? We're thinking June 22-23 or 29-30.

We might be making our first trip to Knoebels in late June. Could someone with more experience tell me what to expect during a late June mid-week visit? We're thinking June 22-23 or 29-30.

Expect to leave with a new favorite park and possibly diabetes.

As far as lines it will be very manageable. Have a great time!

Also, take note of the handy dandy Pierogie map

I might also be going to Knoebels in late June for my first time, since Cedar Fair has banned snapping at Kings Island's Woodstock Gliders... Going to be interesting to try some new coaster's out I've never ridden, plus the Flyers!

Also, take note of the handy dandy Pierogie map

Time to update the Pierogie Map, because Power Surge is back up and is /awesome/

I might also be going to Knoebels in late June for my first time, since Cedar Fair has banned snapping at Kings Island's Woodstock Gliders... Going to be interesting to try some new coaster's out I've never ridden, plus the Flyers!

You'll never ride Flyers like the ones at Knoebels, they're so much faster and the cycle is so much longer than the flyers at any other park. Including other parks that have Bisch-Rocco flyers. Be prepared to scare the crap out of yourself with the violentness of the snaps.

Time to update the Pierogie Map, because Power Surge is back up and is /awesome/

Nah, he said "late June". It'll pull a Stinger and be closed for the season by then.

Only if the train punches a hole into the main spine, puncturing a hydraulic hose and spraying hot oil on people.

Thanks Physical. They look like the best flying scooters ride ever! I'd put Kings Island's old Flying Eagles in 2nd. Just checked the website, Antique Car's still there, Ferris Wheel and a tea cup ride! It'll bring back a lot of memories for sure!

Thanks Physical. They look like the best flying scooters ride ever! I'd put Kings Island's old Flying Eagles in 2nd. Just checked the website, Antique Car's still there, Ferris Wheel and a tea cup ride! It'll bring back a lot of memories for sure!

You can still ride the old KI flying eagles at Carowinds! The operator encourages snapping, but they do run a pretty short cycle.

Knoebels has posted on social media that Fandango's parts have arrived from Europe and the ride should be reopening soon.

Knoebels: "Make new memories the old-fashioned way", or, "Waiting on parts from Europe".

Knoebels has posted on social media that Fandango's parts have arrived from Europe and the ride should be reopening soon.

I didn't know it was down, but glad to hear that'll be fixed soon. I'm not sure why I'm so attached to that ride, when I've been on MaxAir, Black Widow, etc, but I can't ever get enough of Fandango. It must just be the "everything's better at Knoebels" bit.

^ I hope it's open by the time i'm there Thursday and Friday two weeks from now. How does it compare to the larger models? And also, what type of crowds should we expect for those two days?

Don't expect walk-ons by any standard, but summer weekdays typically aren't too bad. The local schools will be out already so you won't have to worry about mass amounts of students dropping in for field trips or anything.

I went to Knoebels on Saturday. I got in line for Flying Turns at about the sign that says the wait is 45 minutes. I got to the platform after about 20 minutes. So, yes, the operations at Knoebels kick some serious butt.

On another note, for some reason Twister had both trains running through the course but they were only loading one of them. Anyone know why they would do that?

^ I hope it's open by the time i'm there Thursday and Friday two weeks from now. How does it compare to the larger models?

Nothing really compares to the LARGEST models like the one at Cedar Point, but it's a fantastic flat ride. Possibly my favorite one there, it's typically a must ride for me. Gives a great out-of-control feeling. It's also way way more fun than the inward-facing claw rides like at Dorney and Hershey.

I went to Knoebels on Saturday. I got in line for Flying Turns at about the sign that says the wait is 45 minutes. I got to the platform after about 20 minutes. So, yes, the operations at Knoebels kick some serious butt.

On another note, for some reason Twister had both trains running through the course but they were only loading one of them. Anyone know why they would do that?

Could be a few reasons. Most likely they were expecting crowds later in the day, so they transferred on the second train early, then ghosted it and didn't load it until the line was long enough to warrant 2 train ops.

Or maintenance did something to the train and needed to cycle it X amount of times before they could load it or said "Don't load this train at all today" for whatever reason