TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dubai Parks & Resorts Discussion Thread! Motiongate, Lego...

I couldn't get the sound to work in the video. But it all looks massive and impressive.

And....hi Dan! Lookin' good there!

Edited by Nrthwnd

^^Yeah, it looks like it's a Gerstlauer for certain. Can tell from the track connectors and also with the support going directly into the footer and not secured with bolts. A screenshot posted on No Limits Exchange shows the footer which is not shown in those photos above.

I don't how they got Dreamworks, Loinsgate, and Sony Pictures Studios to come together all in one place, but it looks awesome - three studios parks for the price of one. Hunger Games, Zombieland, and Ghostbusters attractions sound awesome, and I'm curious to see how a How To Train Your Dragon area turns out. Motiongate looks like it will give Universal a run for the money for the studio park concept when this opens, and will put Dubai firmly on the theme park map if it wasn't already.

^I would imagine it is because they all want a piece of the action in a potentially lucrative market without the risk of their own investment. Kudos to their team for bringing all them together---looks like it is going to be incredible.

The entertainment and street performances in the Bollywood section should be amazing,

and totally exhausting, just to watch them, if they go as fast as their on-film counterparts.

(P.S. I finally figured out how to get the sound working in the video. WOW and more!)

TheNeighbors-BalleBalle.jpg.d29b8ec27653c818f4c4b244988d3528.jpg

Not like "The Neighbours" Bollywood, but fun enough.

• 2 months later...
here is the complete masterplan of Dubai Parks and Resort

How far is all of this in relationship to the indoor Warner Bros. Park? This is right there with Yaz and Ferrari right?

And all of this is less than an hour drive away from Ferrari World, which is expanding like crazy right now. I think I know where I'm going in 2017. Now to start training for that 16 hour flight. Oof

Top of the page, man.

• 2 months later...

dubaiiurmn.png

In a recent german documentary about Mack the train for Dragon Gliders was revealed. Because I'm too lazy to take more than one screen you have to suffer through some German if you wanna see more (there is more)

https://youtu.be/6rgyg0FN_yY?t=14m21s

The whole documentary was really good, though I think most non-german speakers won't get much out of if it, so here are the interesting scenes, where you can look at the coaster:

- The scene mentioned above @14:21

- Nerdy, naked coaster shots on rail without chassis @17:39

- Container loading @28:33

• 2 weeks later...

Not at all surprised the opening dates have been pushed back. This is common practice in the Gulf to over-promise on opening dates (and number projections).

Eventually DPR will get everything open, but I would encourage everyone to hold off buying tickets to visit until all parks and rides are open. I feel bad for the people who already bought airline tickets thinking the opening dates were set realistically by the management.

• 2 weeks later...

Motiongate Dubai has sent us a press release and photos showing a sneak peek at the construction of this exciting new park!

Action is in full-swing at MOTIONGATE™ Dubai, the Middle East’s largest Hollywood-inspired theme park, part of Dubai Parks and Resorts, the largest integrated theme park destination in the region, is revealed through a collection of images lending an exciting sneak peek of what’s to come this December. Featuring 27 action-packed rides and attractions including five roller coasters, plus 15 live entertainment experiences from character meet and greets to high energy live stage shows, MOTIONGATE™ Dubai is bringing some of Hollywood’s biggest blockbusters to life.

From the iconic movie reel entrance to the working movie sets of Studio Central; to dining under a tornado of meatballs in Baby Brent’s Luncheonette in Sony Pictures Studios Zone and strolling past the charming mushroom-capped houses in the Smurfs Village Zone; to hopping aboard the fastest roller coaster in the park with Madagascar: Mad Pursuit in the DreamWorks Zone to immersing yourself into Step Up Dubai, All In!, the action-packed hip hop show hosted in the 1,000-seat Hollywood Theatre, MOTIONGATE™ Dubai is bringing Hollywood to life in a truly immersive way.

Bringing together three of Hollywood’s powerhouse motion picture studios for the first time: DreamWorks Animation, Sony Pictures Studios including the Smurfs and Lionsgate, MOTIONGATE™ Dubai will offer cinematic adventure for guests of all ages, year round.

Scheduled to open this year, MOTIONGATE™ Dubai is part of Dubai Parks and Resorts which will also featureBollywood Parks™ Dubai, a first-of-its-kind theme park that will showcase rides and attraction based on some of Bollywood’s biggest blockbusters as well as the region’s first LEGOLAND® Park and a LEGOLAND® Water Park. The entire destination will be connected by Riverland™ Dubai – a retail and dining destination at the heart of Dubai Parks and Resorts, and guests can stay at the Lapita™ Hotel, a Polynesian themed family hotel part of the Marriott Autograph® Collection. Expected to open in late 2019, Six Flags Dubai will be destination’s fourth theme park and the region’s first Six Flags theme park.

It’s worth mentioning that “Dubai Parks and Resorts” has recently launched a campaign on its social media platforms titled “All You See Is In Dubai”, which revolves around sharing exclusive, never seen before visuals giving viewers a glimpse into what awaits them when the destination opens its doors to the public.

Jump into the action with non-stop fun with an Annual Pass, now on sale at http://www.motiongatedubai.com and http://www.dubaiparksandresorts.com

1008310487_BabyBrentsLuncheonette.thumb.jpg.e8bc4f77e1f0fdc253227e99affa66f6.jpg

Ghostbusters.thumb.jpg.f1d8d50560bd43de077f0d3e0512dcc3.jpg

2047367243_HollywoodTheatre.thumb.jpg.ef9c749b15a08c7b23d4d8cdfd9adff3.jpg

457251626_MOTIONGATEDUBAIMainGate.thumb.jpg.fa70436b7f31a5a2c0b82cfc97fe7d2f.jpg

1247855772_MadagascarMadPursuit.thumb.jpg.755c7616d2777039a21156692602b1e6.jpg

1265920941_SmurfsVillageExpress.thumb.jpg.ef08ac89e3a6338923c341fb62183bf7.jpg

241696759_SmurfsVillage.thumb.jpg.a65c6fe5e55678c7410d439195fb9257.jpg

1886942014_StudioCentral.thumb.jpg.bae80dc6dc6be7a6ed7ac93193307d7e.jpg

1988355768_TheCandyApple.thumb.jpg.d8520b1d6b01a3d7f82f5d19a078b124.jpg

1674001477_TheGreenHornetHighSpeedChase.thumb.jpg.65d6932d53cbc52e65d8f16229a8e6eb.jpg

902704170_ZombielandBlastOff.thumb.JPG.8c1b8b1c27da81a9ff5bae4799422dc9.JPG

Edited by jedimaster1227