Indiana Beach (IB) Discussion Thread

P. 71: Indiana Beach announces Larson Super Loop
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Indiana Beach (IB) Discussion Thread

Postby John Peck » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:42 pm

New "Coaster" for Indiana Beach!

http://amusementtoday.com/2016/04/indiana-beach-boardwalk-resort-announces-new-looping-coaster/

Indiana Beach Boardwalk Resort Announces New Looping Coaster

By AT Staff | April 13, 2016

Monticello, IN – April 12, 2016 Indiana Beach, Indiana’s Favorite Boardwalk Resort, will kick off its upcoming 90th Anniversary season with the addition of a looping-reversing coaster called Zero G.

Manufactured by Texas-based Larson International, the single loop coaster stands 5 stories high and can accommodate 20 riders at one time. Zero G will be placed on Indiana Beach’s classic Boardwalk Funway.

“Indiana Beach is excited to have this new ride added to our line-up of six rollercoasters and other thrill attractions”, said John Collins Indiana Beach Boardwalk Resorts General Manager. “With all the park improvements and upgrades being completed in preparation for Indiana Beach’s 90th anniversary season, adding a ride as thrilling as Zero G is icing on the cake” Collins stated.

Zero_G_at_Indiana_Beach_Ride_photo

The “Larson Loop” coaster builds riders’ anticipation as it rocks back and forth before looping 360 degrees, pausing briefly to suspend riders upside down. The ride is scheduled to be open at the start of the 2016 season.

About Indiana Beach Boardwalk Resort
Indiana Beach is located in Monticello, Indiana on Lake Shafer. The resort was founded in 1926 and purchased by Apex Parks Group in September 2015. The resort features a Boardwalk Funway, seven roller coasters, 45 rides, the Shafer Queen Paddlewheel boat, two campgrounds, rental accommodations, and an on-property hotel. Ideal Beach, the water park, includes the original swimming pool with sand beach, water slides, an action river, and kid’s spray area.

About Apex Parks Group
Apex is a privately held company based in Aliso Viejo, California with 13 Family Entertainment Centers, 2 Water Parks, and 1 Amusement Park Resort in California, Texas, Florida, New Jersey, and Indiana. Apex Parks Group is currently one of the largest owners of Family Entertainment Centers in the United States. Apex Parks was founded in 2014 to acquire and operate best-in-class out-of-home entertainment assets and is committed to excellence, to the communities they serve, and to delivering value that exceeds expectation.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Themonerd » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:06 pm

Well.
jontron-ah-boy-here-we-go.gif
If it has :airtime: count me in!
I've created 3 locked threads. I should start using that search function.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Beni_Rodriguez » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:06 am

Better than nothing! I'm looking forward to checking it out. Saw the one at SFSTL, but didn't get to ride it. Indiana Beach has so much potential. Even in it's recent state (2014, 2015) I really enjoyed my time there. Except their "world's best tacos". The worst tacos I've ever had and yeah......I've eaten a lot of tacos :mickey:

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby SFOG1991 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:12 am

I saw "new coaster" and I was super excited and shocked they held back on a coaster announcement for so long...

...then I realized it was another Larson Loop. :(

Good flat ride addition though.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby CoasterDirected » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:24 am

As a central Indiana resident, I have never been to the park and it wasn't until about 6 months after I became an enthusiast that I realized it wasn't on Lake Michigan. :lmao: Still have no plans to go, only has two coasters that peak my interests, Steel Hawg and Cornball Express, and I have heard by tons of GP friends that it is just overall under kept and even disgusting. This is coming from those who worship Kings Island and Holiday World and how Diamondback and Thunderbird are the best coasters in the world, so I take it for some grain of salt. (just clarifying I love both coasters and both are obviously in my top 10, as well as both parks are in my top 5)
Top 10 Favorite Coasters
Steel:
1. Fury 325 2. Maverick 3. Millennium Force 4. New Texas Giant 5. Mako 6. Top Thrill Dragster 7. Cheetah Hunt 8. Diamondback 9. Banshee 10. Storm Chaser
Wood:
1. Goliath 2. Outlaw Run 3. Voyage 4. Mystic Timbers 5. Thunderhead 6. Beast 7. Boss 8. Cornball Express 9. Legend 10. American Thunder

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby KI Kidd » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:58 am

^You should find some time to check it out this year. It is a great little park that badly needed the type of TLC it seems to be receiving now. Steel Hawg is fun, if not spectacular but Cornball Express is just plain awesome. Filled with airtime and is just one of those rides that is really really fun. It is definitely worth the trip by itself.

Postby theredskull84 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:12 am

^ I completely agree. Especially sitting in the back, there's a crapload of great airtime. Pure CCI goodness.

Postby CoasterDirected » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:16 am

^^I'll see if I can work it into my budget/schedule
Top 10 Favorite Coasters
Steel:
1. Fury 325 2. Maverick 3. Millennium Force 4. New Texas Giant 5. Mako 6. Top Thrill Dragster 7. Cheetah Hunt 8. Diamondback 9. Banshee 10. Storm Chaser
Wood:
1. Goliath 2. Outlaw Run 3. Voyage 4. Mystic Timbers 5. Thunderhead 6. Beast 7. Boss 8. Cornball Express 9. Legend 10. American Thunder

I donut like this custom title :(

Postby yay101 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:17 am

Believe it or not I am sort of happy for the Larson Loop just because I've actually never ridden one and now one is opening near me. (I've seen some at carnivals and fairs but I never went on them for some reason). I feel Larson Loops are getting a bad name just because parks label them as coasters, but as a flat ride they do look fun. I enjoy looping starships and Aero 360 so I think I will like it. :)
Favourite Coaster: SkyRush
Other Favourites: Storm Chaser, Lightning Run, Blue Streak (CP), Voyage, Alpengeist, Apollo's Chariot, Phoenix, Goliath (SFGAm), Storm Runner, Raptor (CP), and Magnum XL-200

I liked T3 and KD's Shockwave...yes I am that guy

If Magnum XL-200 dies we riot

"I got first place. Not literally first place, but you know what I mean"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:13 pm

If you like those, you'll like the Larson Loop. I went on Brain Drain at Frontier City last year and I liked it, but it was too much for me, and I felt queasy afterward. I know I'm pretty sensitive to spinning/flipping rides though, so if you're not, you really will enjoy it. They're well made and not at all a carnival level of quality.

I'm kind of on the fence myself about Indiana Beach. I'm going to be in the area in a few weeks, and the positive comments as well as the Larson Loop addition have me seriously thinking about stopping by. I'll be driving from Michigan City, In. (as far as I think I can drive after a full day at Michigan's Adventure) to the Springfield Mo. area in one day, so that doesn't leave a lot of time (it's about a 9 hour drive). It is theoretically possible, though. Steel Hawg would be my first El Loco, and those look really cool. Plus Cornball Express and Fascination, and I think I'm talking myself into it. Could everything be done in, say, 3 hours?
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!