TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^ Toro always considerably slows over the hill right after the twister section, and takes those last two hills sloooow. Its not uncommon for it to valley on cold mornings at that very spot. I very rarely feel like there is still a good amount of speed going into the brakes. Maybe a on a hot summer night but it was limping into the brake run on all of my laps today. That's not to say that all 5 of those rides weren't 5 of the best coaster rides of my life, but that's just because El Toro is simply awesome.

Glad they got El Toro open today. I felt really bad for everyone who headed out when I heard they valleyed it. It sort of reminded me of my opening weekend experience last year where Nitro stalled, Toro valleyed and Ka and Zumanjaro also never opened due to wind. We still had fun because (as usual) someone hit the Beast Mode button on Batman that day but it was a real bummer.

So how was Row 1? Lol

Yeah, Toro is always slow this time of year. Today it was actually pretty fast the first half considering the time of year, but 2nd half was very slow. The highlight of a "fast" Toro ride is light ejector on the hill after the twister section, which offers nothing in the cold. Reminds me of a "fast" Wicked Cyclone ride including similar airtime on the 2nd outward banked hill, and very light floater on a slow ride.

And boldikus, looking at your avatar I'm pretty sure I was in line right behind you when Toro first opened. You beat me by a few seconds to the first magic seat ride of the year

^ Haha! Yes! That was in fact me, in the magic seat on the first train of the year. Quite proud of that, yeah? Ha! We even got the three horns while going up the lift! LOL

I had stalked out Toro a few times trying to stay in the area after we got there and got word of the valley. I bugged a few ops around the entrance annoyingly more than once asking what he deal was, and by luck I saw they finally opened the queue and about 10 people had lined up. Within the next 5 minutes, the ride opened and I got that first train. Just lucky timing!

I had to move up a row after that and then rode again with coneyislandchris who spotted me with an empty seat next to me. I met up with some other friends and rode it again two times later - the last time they had taken one train out of service creating lametown.

^ Haha! Yes! That was in fact me, in the magic seat on the first train of the year. Quite proud of that, yeah? Ha! We even got the three horns while going up the lift! LOL

I had stalked out Toro a few times trying to stay in the area after we got there and got word of the valley. I bugged a few ops around the entrance annoyingly more than once asking what he deal was, and by luck I saw they finally opened the queue and about 10 people had lined up. Within the next 5 minutes, the ride opened and I got that first train. Just lucky timing!

I had to move up a row after that and then rode again with coneyislandchris who spotted me with an empty seat next to me. I met up with some other friends and rode it again two times later - the last time they had taken one train out of service creating lametown.

I got there by pure luck. I happened to just check up on it real quick and noticed the queue open but no testing. Got in line and as I got to the build up they announced it was open. Completely made my day

I was with my gf who never lets me play the marathon musical chairs game, but 2 rides was cool. Gotta make my own solo trip in the summer so I can marathon 'till my thighs bruise haha. Empty morning El Toro rides are the park's best kept secret, which Joker should only help!

Damn I'm jealous of you guys that made it out to the park today. I was there on El Toro's last operating day back in November, so I guess we were only a few hundred riders apart, lol. I actually don't even have a SF pass this year since I'm doing the whole Kimgs Dominion + Ohio parks thing and I thought it would be fine (I'll be on I-305 this Friday) but man I already miss El Toro. And the park in general sounds like it's doing very well.

You guys are so lucky to have El Toro at your home park, not to mention Skyrush a few hours away. Oh the sorrow of living on the west coast

Ha! Ha! Yes indeed! I will be on Skyrush a week from Friday! 1st time.....

Quick recap for me:

From 10:30 to 2:30--

Kingda Ka: x1

Zumanjaro: x2

Superman: x2

Green Lantern: hell no

Runaway Mine Train: x1

Bizarro: x3

El Toro: x2

Nitro: x1

Dining Pass: 1 lunch (grilled chicken Caesar salad)

Highlights--

- Having the entire west side of the park open again. Man, I missed these rides!

- Spotting Boldikus on El Toro and sharing an awesome, airtime-filled, non-stapled ride on the bull!

- Absolutely beautiful weather and a mostly empty park made for great rerideability!

Lowlights--

- The totally racist bro-dude I was seated next to on Kingda Ka who felt the need to complain about the slow operations and blamed it all on "Six Flags not hiring Americans, these people can't even understand English and will be gone in 90 days anyway". Ugh. Can people please just keep that crap out of the parks?

Overall though it was a great start to the season and was glad to get in some quality riding!

Damn I'm jealous of you guys that made it out to the park today. I was there on El Toro's last operating day back in November, so I guess we were only a few hundred riders apart, lol. I actually don't even have a SF pass this year since I'm doing the whole Kimgs Dominion + Ohio parks thing and I thought it would be fine (I'll be on I-305 this Friday) but man I already miss El Toro. And the park in general sounds like it's doing very well.

Oh come on pony up the cash for a membership. It's basically free, it's like the cost of one Happy Meal each month. Lol

Also you know you can't resist Holiday in the Park when all the Cedar Fair parks are closed. Lol

The Solar Panel project was finally approved.

Jackson gives OK to Six Flags solar farm

Mike Davis, @byMikeDavis

JACKSON – From the top of the Nitro roller coaster 400 feet in the air, Six Flags Great Adventure visitors may soon glimpse a sea of solar panels tucked into a pocket of preserved forest.

After nearly a year of protests and outcry from residents and environmentalists, the planning board on Tuesday night gave Six Flags and KDC Solar LLC its blessing to clear-cut nearly 15,000 trees on an undeveloped piece of park property, where a 21-megawatt solar farm is to be built.

A total of 18,965 trees are slated for removal. Environmental activists denounced Six Flags Great Adventure's plan to build a 90-acre solar farm at this site in Jackson Township.

To a crowd of nearly 50 people, many wearing white stickers reading "don't kill the Earth to save it," it was a disappointment.

“This gives green energy a black eye. You cannot cut down a forest for solar panels. That’s the opposite of being green,” said Jeff Tittel, executive director of the Sierra Club of New Jersey, one of the groups formally objecting to the project. “You don’t destroy a habitat in a forest in the name of clean energy. You have to do both.

“You have to have the right project and the right site. This was the right project but the wrong site,” Tittel said shortly after the vote.

The facility will consist mostly of ground-mounted solar units, topped off with a few canopies in an employee parking lot.

The six environmental groups formally opposing the project had long argued for the installation of solar canopies over the 100-acre parking lot, as it would provide comparable solar energy without removing trees. Six Flags has dismissed that concept, as it would require the removal of cherished parking spaces.

“The opposition would have you believe that they care more for the Earth than the applicant,” Six Flags attorney Raymond Shea said. “Even when the applicant scaled back its proposal with a solar array and even when the applicant agreed to cover its employee parking lot with canopy-mounted panels, it was not enough.

"It is never enough with these organizations because it seems to me it's either their way or the highway," Shea said.

Last year, those organizations – Clean Water Action, the New Jersey Conservation Foundation, Save Barnegat Bay, Environment New Jersey, the Sierra Club of New Jersey and Crosswicks-Doctors Creek Watershed Association — filed suit against the town, Six Flags Great Adventure and KDC Solar, arguing that a township ordinance allowing solar facilities in conservation zones was directly in violation of the township's master plan.

That suit was held up until the planning board decision, but Clean Water Action campaign director David Pringle was sure of a legal victory, which means "we'll have to go through this all over again.

"The planning board was in the pocket of the developer from day one. They had more than enough discretion to vote no and we think they violated their own ordinances. We'll be here again unless they wise up because the courts are going to tell them they did it wrong."

Throughout the planning board process, opposing attorney Michele Donato argued against nearly every aspect of the project, from the negatives of ground-mounted solar units to the inefficiencies that new grasses would have in stopping the flow of storm water.

“Do you want to live with that the decision the next time K. Hovnanian or some other developer comes forth and says, ‘You let Great Adventure destroy 70 acres. Why can’t we just knock them down? Look what you did with them,’" Donato said. “This application is fundamentally not O.K. and not in any sound planning whatsoever.”

Neighboring residents, many who live along Reed Road, told the board they feared a physical damage and a dip in their property values due to flooding, as the trees are the only thing mitigating runoff during storms.

One of those residents, Marina Shapiro, has since hired the law firm of Gasiorowski & Holobinko to represent her and the Jackson Citizens Coalition, a grassroots group of residents against the project. Funding for the attorneys at least partly came from a GoFundMe donation drive, which had raised $1,115 as of Wednesday afternoon.

Shapiro's attorneys were denied when attempting to produce two expert witnesses at a meeting on Monday.

"It shouldn’t have come down to us residents banding together to spend countless hours and thousands of dollars to become visible to this board and this town," Shapiro said in February. "Our concerns should be front and center above any corporate interests because you’re our neighbors."

Mike Davis: (732) 643-4223; mdavis@gannettnj.com

http://www.app.com/story/news/local/redevelopment/2016/03/23/jackson-six-flags-great-adventure-solar-farm/82168606/

Oh come on pony up the cash for a membership. It's basically free, it's like the cost of one Happy Meal each month. Lol

Also you know you can't resist Holiday in the Park when all the Cedar Fair parks are closed. Lol

Oh you know I want to

Moving out to Buttcrack, Indiana 60 days after graduation for college so even if I did I'd have no time to get up to Jersey. I'm gonna have to live without the Bull this year which is a shame because it's the closest you can get to crack legally... At least in my mind.

Today I am sore. My shoulders tender from the King Of Coasters' gentle love taps, my thighs weak from the Bull's soft nudges, my feet burned red from endlessly traversing the heavenly sanctuary we have all come to know and love as Six Takis Fuego Adventure!

Jesus H. Christ for real though what a weird/awesome opening day. Feels good to be back.

I missed opening day last year as I had way too much going on in my personal life, but when the park released this years operating schedule and we all noticed opening day was a Wednesday (!?) a tiny lightbulb went off in my head. I knew right then and there this was likely a soft opening/new employee break-in type thing, schools would be in session, and the park would likely be dead. All I had to do was wait until opening day got closer, get my shift covered at work, find a way to get to the park (I don't drive, if you haven't been paying attention), and of course pray to the weather gods.

Lucky me, each and every one of these things worked in my favor. I actually had two sets of plans to guarantee I made it to the park. Firstly, my sister is currently working from home and has my 2.5 year old nephew at home with her, and since she's also a passholder, I asked if she would be into taking the little guy over on opening day if I could get the day off. I figured a couple rides on Toro/Nitro/etc and some kiddie area action and we'd call it a day before naptime. Then, a few days ago one of my insane riding buddies Joey texted me simply "Wednesday???????????" and I knew exactly what he was getting at. I explained I was trying to get off work and would let him know if I did, we could all go together. Joey is a super high energy, hilarious, up for anything type but is also very flakey. I would not have been shocked if I didn't hear anything from him about going Wednesday so I stuck with plan A. Sure enough Tuesday night texts to Joey went unanswered so I got up yesterday, and headed out to the burbs to meet up with sis and the little dude.

We got to the park right at opening with no wait at the tollbooths, security or turnstiles. Right in and HOLY CRAP look at the shiny new coaster! Main Street looks soooo different, the placement of The Joker really gives the ride a huge WOW factor. As ugly as the thing is it looks really great at the end of Main Street. I'll make sure to check it out during passholder preview as the waits for this thing are going to be obscene. As I snapped a photo to upload to TPR, I saw Bill's post about Toro valleying and my mood quickly turned sour, since that ride was my #1 reason for today's visit.

I asked if my sister wouldn't mind heading over to check out the scene, and on our way the youngin' spotted the carousel (which he's ridden and loves) so they stopped there while I bee-lined through the arcade over to PDC. When I arrived at The Bull the fresh faced ride op blocking the entrance unenthusiastically rattled off what she had likely been telling more than a few folks - yes, the ride was closed, no she had no idea for how long and yes it might be down all day. WTF.

I was itching to ride something - anything, so as my sister headed over into BBNP with the kiddo while I ventured off to see what the situation at Bizarro looked like. Yay for Wednesday opening days - the only row with a wait was 1 (my personal favorite), so I said screw it and rode in the very back. And it was, as I always say, awesome. Such an underrated coaster. No fuego though. No fuego on Bizarro all day in fact. Too windy? Or maybe someone forget to turn on the firecannons? Honestly, with a zero-G roll like Bizarro has, who gives a flying f*ck? Very good first ride of the season (can't say year since I was riding Nitro January 3rd, 2016

I met back up with sis and took my nephew on Tango. It was a first ride for both of us and we were the only two on the ride. He absolutely LOVED Tango. He was squealing with delight "THIS is a FUNNY RIDE!" Last fall we he brought my nephew to the park and I really want to get him on the Skyway since its the highest thing in the park we can get him on at his height but the line was FOREVER that day. But not today, we walked right on and while he was scared at first, about halfway across he decided he loved it. Some great views of the new coaster from up there too. That whole area of the park looks so different now.

Upon touching down I checked his height for Skull Mountain and its not even close. Looks like its probably another year before he does anything besides Road Runner Railway here (luckily at Moreys this summer he'll be able to do the Doo Wopper and Flitzer since they have a 36" restriction). While the two of them headed into Safari Kids I took a detour to Nitro. If I wasn't getting on Toro today I was getting airtime somehow. Another station wait, 2nd to last row a walk on so I hopped right on the next train. Great ride, but I think because I rode it so damn much during HITP I just kinda felt meh after I got off. Note: all three trains are in service. It's still a great ride, it's just no El Toro in terms of forces. Meanwhile my nephew and sister rode just about everything in Safari Kids, and when I met up with them I got to take a spin on the Daffy's Hot Air Balloons which he loves. It was my first ride. I am a pretty big guy and would not have been surprised if I broke the entire ride. But we survived. I was determined to get the little guy on Jumpin Joey, the kiddie "drop ride" since it was a ride he had yet to do and he loved it so much he rode it 2xs in a row. I love that this kid loves rides, I want him so badly to get taller! LOL

We needed to get some food in our bellies and the little dude decided it was hotdogs, so all the way over to Nathans we headed, only to be greeted by locked doors. Damn. Soft opening. Hmmmm. Garden State Grill? Looks like there's some people in there.... doors locked. Double damn. Kid is getting cranky. I noticed Main Street Pub was open when we passed and bonus! they have beer there, so back towards the fountain we headed and I got the loaded nachos while they shared some chicken fingers and fries (while he moaned the entire time about hot dogs. Have I mentioned I am never having children? LOL I love the guy to death tho). It was exciting to see the park already has summer shandy on tap.

I was still feeling dejected about Toro so I asked if she would mine heading back to check on the status. She veered off into BBNP while I walked up to an open entrance with about 10 people waiting at the flash pass merge point, with a now different op on autoshpeil about how the ride was closed. Knowing my sister and nephew were occupied for the time being, I decided to wait. A few people ahead of me even got out of line. I'm glad I listened to my instincts, as within 10 minutes of my arrival they announced the ride was opening. A small cheer from the assembled crowd, and up into the station we all ran. Of course I went right for the magic seat and was on the first train of the season, the 3 horns sounding as we quickly ascended the lift.

OMFG I needed that ride so bad. We are such spoiled b*tches with this ride in our park. Its just... bliss. Upon returning to the station someone had queued up in my row so I decided it was time for musical chairs, jumping up to the next row where no one was waiting. Round two, just as great. Noticeably bumpier on the wheel seat, mostly just on that first turnaround though.

Right before my third lap, someone tapped me on the shoulder and asked "Boldikus??" I still find it weird when people recognize me from TPR, like some sort of coaster celebrity or something but its nice when you realize its someone you talk to on a daily basis. Once again, very nice to meet you @coneyislandchris. As I was riding solo, I told Chris to hop in with me and we got to share a ride on this amazing beast. Unfortunately the airtime party would have to temporarily end as the word got out the Bull was running - the station was completely full when we pulled back in.

I got a text from my sister telling me they had been marathoning Tango (lol, seriously, this kid is in love with Tango). Chris went off to do his thing and we stopped in Safari Discoveries to show the little guy the otters and saw the baby tiger and lion cubs. So cute! It was getting close to naptime and dude was getting rammy so my sister informed me that we'd have to cut the day short. I had been texting my buddy Joey throughout the morning to see if he was coming, still no response but since I got my laps on Toro and a few other things I felt it was a successful morning so while she headed out to the car I did a little bit of shopping (magnets and a choco-taco, naturally) and generally dragged my feet on my way out to the lot. No sooner than I found the car, got settled, buckled in, sister is about to pull out of our space, and my phone vibrates.

Its a text. Its Joey. He's here. Of course.

I respond "We just left. Are you inside the park already?" His response "In the lot, right in front of Lantern's lift". Ironically, that's where we are parked. Enough of this texting, I call him. "Where exactly are you?" I ask, and step out of the car to look around, and see him standing 3 cars to the left of me! I yell over "can you get me back to Philly?", and he yells back "Yes, come on!" I pop my head back in the car, grab my backpack, give her and the little guy kisses on the cheeks and excitedly proclaim "I'm staying!"

So here I am heading back in for more flags, more fun, now with Joey and his friend Skip in tow. They both want to run right to El Toro and do you honestly think I am going to argue with that? Yet another station wait and another amazing lap. Loving this day. Since the lines have been so short all day I ask if they'll do Kingda Ka with me, and if the line is bad we'll do Zumanjaro since there is never a wait.

After years of you lot moaning about how the front row is the only place to ride Ka, I've been waiting for a day like this to take advantage of a short wait. Another station wait so it was about a 6-7 train wait for the front. Maybe 20-25 minutes top. Longest wait for anything all day. Totally worth it just to say I've finally done that. I've ridden it basically everywhere else on the train (back row is the WORST!) and now that I've done the front I understand the hype. But honestly they should give you goggles because the wind literally hurts your eyes. I really enjoyed it up there, great view, very different experience from sitting anywhere else in the train BUT the restraints still dig into my shoulders negating any true enjoyment I could get from riding this thing. Sucks. I wish they'd get the Maverick/I305 soft restraints.

Joey and Skip hadn't felt like waiting and jumped in row 2 a few trains before me so they waited for me so we could all go ride Zum. No wait AT ALL. Literally no one back at the ride, we walked right on and had a 2nd ride right away. I live for days like this. I've gotten to the point on Zum where I go hands up legs out every time and its just the best. Funny how I used to hate drop rides and now I could ride them all day.

Joey, like me is a big fan of Bizarro - he insists on calling it Medusa - so we headed back that way (did I mention the shortcut through Safari Discoveries was open all day? YAY!) and got another great ride. Still no feugo. Why do I care about that? LOL. If was now getting late in the afternoon and the two of them were getting hungry and with the lack of a lot of food places open I suggested Main Street Pub. Yes, again. I ate two meals at Main Street Pub yesterday lol. On the way toward Main Street we happened to pass right by a certain greatest wooden coaster ever and jumped on for my 5th ride of the day.

For whatever reason they had taken one train out of service so even though the wait was now just down the stairs, operations were at a crawl. Usual business though: everyone crowded at the front of the station with no one waiting in the back. The one train operation here is probably my biggest complaint of the day, and considering we still got on in less than 10 minutes is saying something. I could gush about how great the ride is but I've done that enough. One cool thing about the 1 train ops is the train come right back into the station and everyone is all hooting and hollering since they haven't been sitting on the brake run for a few minutes to calm down.

Anyways, back to Main Street Pub. I just got cheese fries and another summer shandy. I like this place because even though its a generic chicken-fingers-and-fries-Six-Flags joint, their little patio deck overlooking the fountain is great for people watching. And they have beer. We sat for a while and enjoyed the great weather. We did a lot of that all day.

While sitting at MSP after we ate Joey noticed his brand new Apple watch was no longer on his wrist. He last remembered having it on after Bizarro so its likely its another of casualty of The Bull. Over the years I or people I have been with have lost to El Toro - phones, glasses, hats, and now a watch. The Bull does not f*ck around, yall. Be warned. Because of this situation I got to experience for the first time the parks lost and found office and the process of filling out a lost article claim LOL. The office its in has the personality of a morgue but the woman who helped us was very pleasant.

After eating and the whole watch debacle, we talked about riding Nitro, Skull Mountain and Batman but personally I was just wiped, and Joey and Skip were indifferent. Joey was bummed about his watch. So we called it a day. And a great start to the season it was. I never felt rushed or annoyed with ops, guests, weather, etc. Was just a perfect opening day. I really wanted to concentrate on the east side of the park since we couldn't ride any of that during HITP, and other than my ride on Nitro, we did just that.

A good opening day is a bit like getting laid for the first time in a while - I'm sore and tired today but I'm lighter on my feet and everything feels right with the world again. Got my fix big time and hoping it keeps me held over until my first ever SFOG visit in just a little over 3 weeks!

El Toro 5x

Nitro 1x

Zum 2x

Kingda Ka 1x

Tango 1x

Bizarro 2x

Skyride 1x

Daffy's Hot Air Balloons 1x (lol)

01.thumb.jpg.193ec6b0fc71adbe5b9e8040b1b36ddf.jpg

Let the 2016 season begin!!!

03.thumb.jpg.06b6fc4c49c05ac95d1fee875bf37074.jpg

The all new Main Street

04.thumb.jpg.e4466a763be5d5f49ab9abad3e9a890a.jpg

The little guy loved Daffy's beak. He was petting him.

05.thumb.jpg.2eb1810635c4d539f1a8339b2590d4ee.jpg

Sad face at valleyed Bull. :(

06.thumb.jpg.a8766e8a92e896db46659a76ca402507.jpg

The Fort

07.thumb.jpg.5111cec1eeab991f5cd55ff14a40279a.jpg

Um kinda quiet around here...

08.thumb.jpg.bbd84508345d2d17c2438322f7ff5c4e.jpg

Gazing longingly at the Bull from Bizarros brake run

09.thumb.jpg.76d8c6485f01c7dbe8057e71e9a05477.jpg

Sad still.

10.thumb.jpg.c484ee061d53d6d30be0c25a5c90e234.jpg

Safari Discoveries. These goddamn lion/tiger cubs are SO INSANELY ADORABLE.

11.thumb.jpg.79ba9ee214aca0a50a92680e0027edf4.jpg

Sis and the little guy on his FIRST Skyride. Terrified at first and then loved it. Wanted to go around again.

12.thumb.jpg.2f4ff222e063ecd42a45240974302811.jpg

:(

13.thumb.jpg.ad7739f877f677451a9ab0774a34db4c.jpg

OK you really just wanna see pics of the Joker.

14.thumb.jpg.e9bfd318955a5be0bfdd2b4ddd6d8771.jpg

And the best way to do that is on the Skyride.

15.thumb.jpg.b6c346711cd4678bcaec07cd20427dbd.jpg

So here you have it.

16.thumb.jpg.13a4b5e9aa55ce2c7aa8c319e15c52ff.jpg

Ugly as sin

17.thumb.jpg.c70c2bafb2d451a4190f49c569101a29.jpg

but going to completely change this entire section of the park.

18.thumb.jpg.996150b5f0e050d864e959626f9549fb.jpg

Crazy Train getting prepped!

19.thumb.jpg.41e213c8b3a2a5c62891ff747b677a59.jpg

Nitro awakening from its short winter slumber

20.thumb.jpg.b9fd163ecf93c8e810a94000e2a2c704.jpg

Big Wheel was closed all day

21.thumb.jpg.4a548badd1c413cb54caaa158dadcf9c.jpg

Skyscreamers preparing to scream in the sky

22.thumb.jpg.25bd3959e2a7e7d2bf586a6def3cfa7a.jpg

Two of the best B&Ms in existence.

23.thumb.jpg.26510675e5b705e7f68a317c3dfca060.jpg

Waterfalls flowing (SM's was too, didn't get a pic)

24.thumb.jpg.2c5c01168fa872908ccc6a1289afd4c8.jpg

Station wait for the hyper

25.thumb.jpg.8a7b753c94c7307c360bedaf9733afaa.jpg

Let's do it.

26.thumb.jpg.55474580998c6450f20bbd30743236bb.jpg

Main Street, now with more Joker.

27.thumb.jpg.9814fd82122cd6c2592055c1e9f5b563.jpg

SkyScreaming through the trees

28.thumb.jpg.a5ae3cf29f3d2a347742d02cd8fac58d.jpg

Summer Shandy in March? Hell yea

30.thumb.jpg.a732e3f9894255b082e1901341166609.jpg

Look yall! Its coneyislandchris!

31.thumb.jpg.ef7be2a86698f09ee9a3a62ff9adbf5c.jpg

My sweet chariot awaits.

32.thumb.jpg.b40ac2a15d6cfb6c89e2da7e81cd3753.jpg

First ever front row ride on Ka.

33.thumb.jpg.09919474e23bdae2cfe3ec3b98cd0132.jpg

My phone died shortly after this so I'll leave you with this artsy shot of Toro's wood. To everyone going this weekend, have a great time and make sure to let us know how it went! :) :)