Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1832 - Behind the scenes El Toro video!!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:11 pm

"Arr! Who among ye be havin' a problem with me Treasure Train?"

Last edited by cfc on Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:11 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:35 pm

There are a bunch of cables attached to Joker, is that some sort of bracing they do during construction?
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:43 pm

cfc wrote:Image

Benicio Del Toro?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

I Love Donkeys!

Postby jburns309 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:59 pm

larrygator wrote:John Fitzgerald is about to speak to the group.. We have already heard of many new improvements including a new bar. Sky Bar will be next to Sky Screamer.

Thanks for the pictures
Last edited by jburns309 on Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:23 pm.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby El Toro_Ryan » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:12 pm

There's quite a lot of TLC going on around the park this season. I'm very hopefully that a certain rumored ride gets the complete paint job it's supposed to receive. I can't say which ride unfortunately but you'll see very soon. Also almost every ride has started testing this season. (I work at the park if you're curious how I know this haha) We've moved on to training at almost every ride. Today training was going on at Nitro, Ka, Toro (my ride! Lol), Green Lantern, and quite a few more.

Also if you or one of your friends wants a job or just wants to work at the park, tell them to apply! Haha we could always use more help. Especially from the coaster enthusiast community! (rides is hands down the best department lol *wink wink*)
#ThroughputAddict (I need rehab). YOUTUBE PAGE: http://www.youtube.com/c/ElToroRyan

2014: El Toro Team Member
2015: Kingda Ka Team Member
2016: El Toro Unit Supervisor
2017: El Toro Unit Supervisor (Month of April) and Random Team Member when I felt like working (August thru December)
2018: Millennium Force Ride Host (Halloweekends)

Credit Count: 303

Postby Superbatboy » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:22 pm

El Toro_Ryan wrote: I'm very hopefully that a certain rumored ride gets the complete paint job it's supposed to receive. I can't say which ride unfortunately

I think you just did :lol:
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:12 pm

Here is my recap of today Joker's Construction Tour, although so much more was discussed. Thanks to the Communications Team (Kristin, Kaitlyn and Jacob) for leading us around. And special thanks to John Fitzgerald for fielding our questions.

Joker
We were first led to the backstage area to see the Joker trains
The park insists the name change from Total Mayhem to Joker was last minute and not planned all along.
Loading will be on two sides like SFFT. The Ha Ha Ha sign that appeared in prior artwork will not happen.
Joker should be topped off by the end of this week
Memorial Day weekend is still the scheduled opening.

Harley Quinn Crazy Train name was accidentally leaked on the Six Flags website, it was supposed to be revealed today. The ride will not open til mid-late April

Big Wheel will also not open with the park, still under rehab

Nitro looked as though the supports had been painted.

Initially many of us thought B:TR track had been repainted, but more likely just power washed.

There are still two piles of rocks in the location of Chiller's station but the park was not willing to talk about the location

It was revealed that a second bar (beer and wine) will open in the park next to Sky Screamer, it will be called Sky Bar. Another Go Fresh and the Villian's Cafe will be the only food changes in the park.

Panda Express remains for 2016. Apparently each contract has a different contract with Panda Express, it was not confirmed the contract expires.

Two new shows in the park were revealed: "This Magic Moment" this magic show will occur in the Seaport Adventure theater while "Wild Life Game" will occur in the Seafari theater.

Holiday in the Park exceeded the park projection of 209,000 guests (they can not disclose the total). Although it could have been higher without some of the rainy days. The outside vendor carts (Waffles and Empanadas) were last minute additions due to heavier crowds than expected, the park will be better prepared in the food prep area and the participation of outside vendors is TBD for 2016.

John Fitzgerald was very open in the Q&A but also tight lipped. When asked about old schools flats (was asked about a Wave Swinger and Enterprise) he said he liked them and opening Adventure Alley is a big success in his mind. I suspect he would like to add a few more throughout the park.

When questioned about Justice League and how having it would really help round out the park especially during HITP, he didn't want to talk but admitted he loved the ride. I still think this will be the 2017 addition to the park.

John loves the transformation the park makes after dark during Fright Fest and HITP and wishes he could find the magic bullet that works for SFGAdv on summer nights. The Glow in the Dark parade was nice, but didn't really keep people in the park or draw more people in late in the day.

He still wants a more visible location for the babboons.

And the last bit of info was about the parking lot, but I had trouble hearing. I thought he said ad announcement about upgrades in the parking lot would occur in about a week (but it has nothing to do with solar panels)

Now on to the pictures
100_0152.JPG
The trains have all been rounded up and captured
100_0150.JPG
I was careful to not put my hands inside the crate for fear of losing fingers to these wild beasts
100_0154.JPG
This is the part with wheels. I guess this is called a chassis, what do I know.
100_0157.JPG
Close up of the technical stuff
100_0158.JPG
Brake doo hickey
100_0153.JPG
Box 18 is full of Excitement
100_0155.JPG
Good thing I wasn't wearing my pacemaker
100_0156.JPG
Only for the eyes of those obsessed with magnets
100_0159.JPG
One more technical thing. If you know what this is, then good for you because I really don't care.
100_0165.JPG
Anyone have a guess what is inside Pallet 27?
100_0166.JPG
If you guessed Booster Tire Assembly, you're a wiener.
100_0164.JPG
This looks important
IMG_20160313_133311.jpg
The coaster
IMG_20160313_133417.jpg
100_0168.JPG
IMG_20160313_133402.jpg
A few trees were harmed (slightly more than a flesh wound) in the making of this coaster, but SFGAdv always replants for any removed trees.
IMG_20160313_133606.jpg
You will not be able to stand here once the coaster is operational. And I found that ladder that used to be leaning against Fort Independence
IMG_20160313_133527.jpg
Only a few more pieces to go
IMG_20160313_133744.jpg
The supports form a W because this coaster is a Winner!
IMG_20160313_133808.jpg
Last remnants of Fort Independence
IMG_20160313_133930.jpg
Sign, your days are numbered
IMG_20160313_133651.jpg
Old Track
100_0167.JPG
Shiny new track
IMG_20160313_133642.jpg
100_0169.JPG
The future SkyBar
100_0170.JPG
a new pile of dirt, start speculation
100_0145.JPG
The piles of gravel remain
IMG_20160313_141409.jpg
Park President John Fitzgerald graciously and patiently addressing our group.
Last edited by larrygator on Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:09 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:30 pm

^Thanks for the pictures, great to see the progress being made directly from the construction site! :)

Postby Superbatboy » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:40 pm

Awesome photos, those trains look beautiful!

So if Gradv exceeded 209k visitors for HITP that means more than likely annual attendance topped the 3 million mark for the first time in more than a decade. Impressive!!

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:34 pm

Well done, the park looks like it is going to be a little different this season
Lightning Rod, Skyrush, El Toro, Superman: The Ride, Apollo's Chariot, Boulder Dash, Montu, Phoenix , Phantom's Revenge, , StormRunner

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!