SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 608: Craft Beer Festival & Jack Hanna Weekend report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:04 pm

WindexCyanide13 wrote:
DoinItForTheFame wrote:
Vonni wrote:Are the rods coming off of the side of the track going to be for nets, or is that for some kind of theming?

They are actually going to kill to Raven's with one Symoné.

There will be nets, but they are going to be fish nets, so they can be considered theming as well.

Is that a That's So Raven joke?

Yes, it was a "That's So Raven" joke.
Bigger is not always better. (And anyone who has ridden Wonder Woman knows this is true!)

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:07 pm

WindexCyanide13 wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
WindexCyanide13 wrote:
DoinItForTheFame wrote:
Vonni wrote:Are the rods coming off of the side of the track going to be for nets, or is that for some kind of theming?

They are actually going to kill to Raven's with one Symoné.

There will be nets, but they are going to be fish nets, so they can be considered theming as well.

Is that a That's So Raven joke?

I think it's a Cosby Show joke. :lmao:

Oh, my bad. Raven Symone is just more recognizable from ThatS So Raven for my age group

No, she was like 5 on the Cosby Show. A reference to Raven wearing fishnets was inappropriate even for Cosby. That was just my being an old man and talking about remembering a famous person when she was knee high to a hamster.

Anyway, Mako looks really good. I can't say I'm terribly excited, since my only experience with a B&M hyper was Raging Bull. But from what I hear, that's the worst one, and many others are quite fun. The layout looks very good at least. We do plan to get to Orlando at some point before the end of the decade, so we'll be sure to check this out then.

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:17 am

Some pics from Sunday when we went to see Daughtry at Bands, Brew, and BBQ.

Mostly shots of Mako from the Sky Tower!
IMG_5749.JPG
IMG_5750.JPG
IMG_5751.JPG
IMG_5752.JPG
IMG_5753.JPG
IMG_5754.JPG
IMG_5755.JPG
IMG_5756.JPG
IMG_5757.JPG
IMG_5758.JPG
IMG_5770.JPG
IMG_5773.JPG

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:33 am

^ Awesome photos!! Thanks for sharing!! Looks like they don't have that much more track work left on Mako!! :br
Bigger is not always better. (And anyone who has ridden Wonder Woman knows this is true!)

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:26 am

https://seaworldcares.com/2016/03/caring-for-tilikum-the-killer-whale/

We are saddened to report that over the past few weeks, Tilikum's behavior has become increasingly lethargic, and the SeaWorld veterinary and animal care teams are concerned that his health is beginning to deteriorate.

Since Tilikum became a part of SeaWorld’s family 23 years ago, he has received the best in marine mammal health care and life enrichment available for killer whales – including a focus on his physical health, mental engagement and social activity with other whales. Despite the best care available, like all aging animals, he battles chronic health issues that are taking a greater toll as he ages.

Our teams are treating him with care and medication for what we believe is a bacterial infection in his lungs. However, the suspected bacteria is very resistant to treatment and a cure for his illness has not been found.

“It has been our duty and passion to make sure we give him the utmost care we possibly can,” said Daniel Richardson, Animal Training Supervisor.

Our veterinarians are focused on managing his illness in a way that makes him comfortable and creates an enriching life. Like many older animals facing significant health issues, his condition may continue to fluctuate, and we will keep his friends and fans updated here on SeaWorld Cares.

Tilikum is beloved by the trainers and vets who care for him each day, as well as the thousands of fans who have connected with him during shows and underwater viewing. We truly appreciate your continued support.

You can learn more about the care Tilikum is receiving by watching the video below.

Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:40 am

Wow that's sad to hear. Glad Sea World released that video.
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Postby coasterbill » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:55 am

I was about to post that too.

They really don't sound too optimistic about this. This is really sad to hear and I'm glad to know he has such a great team working with him.

Truly heartbreaking news.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby B&MBoy1982 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:50 am

He is an old whale. It will be sad when he passes. He has always been a highlight of my trips to SeaWorld. I am always in complete awe at his size. Such a beautiful animal.

The care that he (and all the other animals) is receiving is top notch. I have no doubt SeaWorld is doing everything they can to make him comfortable during this illness.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Password121 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:54 am

I hope they don't face more bullsh*t news articles and news stories about Tilikum if what it sounds like comes to fruition. SeaWorld is doing an incredible job with these animals and don't need/deserve more negative coverage from "activists."
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby thepoint4life23 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:58 pm

This could get more people in to the park to see him one last time. This is sad news glad i got to see him last summer.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5749463e4331775e371e68621c381f92.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!