Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 993 - Report from Howl-o-Scream
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby p-sychiatrist » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:42 pm

I have a strong feeling that Nessie will recieve a lot of work for the 2018 season to celebrate its 40th anniversary, possibly even adding some special effects in the tunnel. I would be shocked if it was removed as its still in great condition and is a park icon. BBW and other Arrow suspended coasters are extremely difficult to maintain as the swinging puts a lot of strain on the track and trains, but the sit down loopers seem to hold up better. The 2017 attraction is probably a thrilling coaster and/or a new land as they're hyping it up this far in advance. A family coaster probably wouldn't be hyped up over a year in advance so I'm really leaning towards a new land as that's a major expansion.

I've been hoping for a Spain for years, not too sure if they would be willing to put a coaster in DF's old spot though so it may be somewhere else. I also think Europe In The Air is unfortunately safe for now (or at least irrelevant to the new attraction).
CHECK OUT MY NEW ALBUM "KEPT YOU WAITING (For El Toro)"

COASTER COUNT: THE 1 AND ONLY "POINSETTIA PEAK"
Top 5 Coasters: #1 POINSETTIA PEAK A.K.A. SKULL MOUNTAIN #2 Skull Mountain #3 Poinsettia Peak #4 Skull Mountain #5 Poinsettia Peak
Fav. Park: Six Skulls: Poinsettia Peak Adventure
I also like Phantom’s Revenge, Phoenix, and Voyage a lot (but not nearly as much).

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:50 pm

The three main countries that stand out in my mind if they were to add one would be Spain, Russia and Greece.
Lightning Rod, Skyrush, El Toro, Superman: The Ride, Apollo's Chariot, Boulder Dash, Montu, Phoenix , Phantom's Revenge, , StormRunner

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby blk_mamba » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:48 pm

DrachenfireOP wrote:Image

That pic is great! never realized how great their skyline is b/c it so dense with trees

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:42 am

I hope that if their next ride is a coaster, that it's like Loch Ness Monster - barely peeking out over the top, or Verbolten, not visible at all.
A theme park based on playgrounds? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby TB305 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:05 am

Whatever it is, I'm hoping for a coaster with a lift instead of a launch. It could be RMC, it could be B&M, and it could be Mack or any other manufacturer for all we know! I love how BG is actually creating hype around this very early on.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby coneyislandchris » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:19 am

DrachenfireOP wrote:So I just came across an archive of press-release photos for the park, ranging from opening year to present. The pictures were so cool I just had to share them with you!

Really awesome photos! I especially love seeing a happy Vincent Price riding. Great finds!
That coaster dad [272] and that coaster kiddo [152]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Lightning Rod. Goliath (SFGAm). Wicked Cyclone. Millennium Force. Gale Force.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:34 am

Only just seen those shots, they are fantastic, really like the one of Drachen fire as well!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:01 am

DrachenfireOP wrote:Hey guys,

So I just came across an archive of press-release photos for the park, ranging from opening year to present. The pictures were so cool I just had to share them with you!

Those are some awesome shots! I love the photos of the park skyline, all those colors really stand out against the trees. Thanks for sharing!

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:56 am

The parks instagram account dropped another clue a few minutes ago. Seems to me something with the Pocohonta's Trail. Very interesting.
Lightning Rod, Skyrush, El Toro, Superman: The Ride, Apollo's Chariot, Boulder Dash, Montu, Phoenix , Phantom's Revenge, , StormRunner

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sdettling » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:51 am

Here's the next video.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!