Wild Adventures Discussion Thread

P. 13: Dinosaurs coming in 2016
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: Wild Adventures Discussion Thread

Postby Mertens S. Elias » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:23 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:^ No, SDC didn't need any of those rides. Jackrabbit and Thunderbolt were horrid coasters, and the rest of those rides were just average. The only rides that stood out at Celebration City were the go-karts, shot tower, and Ozark Wildcat. All that leftover Branson USA crap was sold off, as it should have been.

WHAT! Jackrabbit was AWESOME! Fun airtime and I used to get thrown around at the turns like a wild mouse and it was fun. And Thunderbolt/Firestorm? How could you say it wasn't fun? It was one of my favorite rides at Celebration City, that gut buster turn was SUPER fun. And how could say that about Celebration City? All the rides were all so fun! And no, the Branson USA stuff wasn't crap, and you just said your precious Route 66 Speedway was crap by calling the Branson USA stuff crap. Branson USA was a fun park with many fun flat rides and a good roller coaster, Firestorm, later renamed Thunderbolt. But S.D.C did need at least the Orbiter or one of the other intense rides from Celebration City because the only semi intense flat ride they have is the Barn Swing which is run on a TERRIBLE cycle, it only does it's full swing twice.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:37 pm

^ I stand by all those statements.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby Mertens S. Elias » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:43 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:^ I stand by all those statements.

THANK YOU! Finally, somebody who agrees with me!

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:52 am

Mertens S. Elias wrote:

Not even close. :roll:
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby Mertens S. Elias » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:54 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
Mertens S. Elias wrote:

Not even close. :roll:

Oh, I thought you stood by my post, you had the little arrows and they were pointing at mine. Oh well, I guess I'll just be the only S.D.C hater, Celebration City lover, out of the thousands on theme park review. :)

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby cwgator » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:32 pm

New for 2016 (and only 2016): Dinosaurs!
http://www.wildadventures.com/PlanYourVisit/Newfor2016/tabid/834/Default.aspx?icid=Dinosaurs%20Announcement%20R
Explore a NEW land full of Dinosaurs in 2016 with over 20 giant, moving, roaring, prehistoric creatures taking over Wild Adventures. Gaze up at the life-size brachiosaurus standing over two-stories tall, go eye-to-eye with T-Rex, the king of the dinosaurs and try to outsmart a roaming raptor. These gentle herbivores and fierce carnivores will only be at the park for the 2016 Season, all included with a 2016 Season Pass!
Get your 2016 Season Pass TODAY to save up to $20, get up to FIVE Bring-A-Friends and to experience the dinosaurs in 2016 along with over 50 rides, Splash Island Waterpark, hundreds of animal friends and 15 All-Star Concerts!

What a complete let down (for me anyway). I did enjoy my visit to this park a few years ago. However for me to return I need more than a smaller version of Dinosaurs Alive! to get me in the gates again. I'm sure it will be a hit with the intended target audience. It is more family oriented than the thrill parks I generally prefer going to.
CURRENT COASTER CREDIT COUNT: 80
A little behind...planning to catch-up soon...

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:32 pm

This is pretty much all I expected from them. Nothing major...but it caters to their audience well and will do just fine.
Credits: 172
[Top 5] - (1) Skyrush - (2) Fury 325 - (3) Intimidator 305 - (4) El Toro - (5) Kingda Ka (front row)

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:36 am

Wild Adventures is one of those parks that, having visited once before, I feel just kind of floats along without having to do much between seasons to keep its audience coming back. It is a local market, so the concerts and occasional headliners like Robbie Knievel seem to be enough. Something like the addition of the dinosaurs falls (in my mind) right in the same category of short term efforts to bring the locals back through the turnstiles for another visit.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby SFOG1991 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:32 am

I would love to see them get a lower capacity cheaper coaster that is still a thrilling stand out ride. I feel like the dry park really needs something to bring get the visitors in.

The dry park is always dead while the water park is overcrowded. I think this addition is fine but since it will go away it doesn't really add to the park. I know a coaster is not cheap, but I feel like a new slide in the water park would've been a very good decision.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Khat26 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:24 am

My family and I made our first trip of the year to Wild Adventures yesterday. Thunderstorms rolled in and shut down most of the rides. I found it odd that the park only closed rides taller than the tree line at the park. Does this happen at other parks?

Jungle Rumble packs quite a punch. Definitely the most intense magic carpet type ride I have ridden.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!