Everland Discussion Thread

Page 34 - Recap of updates for 2016 and 2017
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: An Everland Halloween

Postby Garet » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:29 pm

Everland will retire their Madagascar attraction next week, at the time when I took that picture it was assumed that the show would just have a Christmas hiatus like last year for the christmas show with new mascots but the park have been advertising on the app and blogs that Madagascar is leaving for good: Adieu Madagascar

Everland managers have been finalizing the agreements for the pandas coming in 2016. Link In anticipation, it seems the panda that is posted all over the construction wall will become a 6th mascot for the park. Panda merchandise has started to go on sale and the character has appeared on opsters with the other 5 characters. Link

Also adorable baby cheetahs
P1170030.jpg
P1160893.jpg

Re: Everland Discussion Thread

Postby Garet » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:45 pm

Eagles Fortress's Replacement for 2017:

Panda's are coming in 2016 and the it's a small world knock-off is also getting a retheme/replacement.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Paradox » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:54 pm

Why did Eagle's Fortress have to go? :cry: Such a shame to see a ride as legendary as it be demolished, especially for a hotel.
Is this a trick question?

Postby Garet » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:27 am

Seems Toy Club starring the parks new mascots is replacing the now closed Madagascar. This show actually ran temporarily last year over Christmas in place of Madagascar when the new mascots where introduced but the fact that this year it has X-mas edition on the bottom as well as Madagascar's permanent retirement makes me think that like the fireworks/gardens/parades/tree and entrance street it will be the same show but rotate with each of Everland's season festivals throughout the year.
image1.PNG

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:19 pm

Paradox wrote:Why did Eagle's Fortress have to go? :cry: Such a shame to see a ride as legendary as it be demolished, especially for a hotel.

Old roller coaster attraction at the end of its service life with rising maintenance costs, hotel that can make the park lots of money...

I'm not a fan of big hotel developments but, in this situation it seems generally like a good idea.
A new urban amusement park? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my portfolio on Wordpress!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

The Marco Polo of Roller Coasters

Postby The Angry Darren Mullins » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:33 pm

In order to understand Everland's misfire in removing Eagle's Fortress, one should look at the following wait times for the major coasters on a day when 50000 people were in the park:

Attendance: 50000 guests
T-Express: 3 hours wait time (3 train operation)
Rolling X Pain: 20 minutes wait time (1 train operation)
Eagle's Fortress: 60-90 minutes wait time (2 train operation)

Keep in mind that lived in Korea for a while and visited Everland many times. Eagle's Fortress always always always had a much longer wait than Rolling X Pain. When Eagle's Fortress closed, Rolling X Pain was down for about six months or so and the corkscrews were replaced. Scrapping or selling Rolling X Pain and using the money to refurbish EF would have been the better move in this case due to the longer queue lines at EF.

If EF was indeed at the end of its life, Rolling X Pain should have already been pushing up daisies. If war breaks out in Korea, I am with the north over this. South Koreans can run their country the way they want and I can support the other side. I am convinced that God will send some madman from the north to nuke the south over the loss of EF. Samsung (owner of Everland) has brought shame upon the South Korean people for generations to come. The keys to the rooms at the motel replacing EF will not only unlock the rooms, they will also unlock the gates of hell. God's throne in heaven is attached to a car on EF.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:32 am

Y'know, thinking about it a bit, I wonder what would have happened if they decided to replace it with a similar attraction like a more thrilling Vekoma suspended family coaster or a B&M flying coaster.
A new urban amusement park? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my portfolio on Wordpress!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

The Marco Polo of Roller Coasters

Postby The Angry Darren Mullins » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:07 am

The location occupied by EF was perfect for a coaster. The hillside was used like supports. The supports used were not that tall. I wonder if they could have used the same station and supports and replaced most of the track (kept the station, brake run and lift) and added floorless trains and renamed the ride. As I said, it was worth saving after seeing the length of the queues for Rolling X Pain.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby cookiex » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:23 am

A.J. wrote:Y'know, thinking about it a bit, I wonder what would have happened if they decided to replace it with a similar attraction like a more thrilling Vekoma suspended family coaster or a B&M flying coaster.

I remember seeing an RCDB page for a B&M Flyer that would replace Eagle Fortress for a long time but nothing came out of it.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 89

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:53 pm

Given how crazy the crowds always seem to be at this park...why don't they build more coasters and thrill rides?

Is it space or money? Or is it that the park wants to be more of a family park and not have a lot of thrill rides?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!