Tusenfryd Discussion Thread

Page 55 - Rapid River announced for 2016
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Tusenfryd Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:59 am

^Keep us updated!

As for the helicopter, we've watched them hover over a moving cruise ship in a storm. It got to the point they made us all go inside as they were worried the helicopter could crash into the ship!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:21 am

Will for sure be interesting to follow. With the addition of Helix last year, the competition from Liseberg has certainly increased even further. The last major rollercoaster addition was Speedmonster in 2006, can we hope for something spectacular?

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

TusenFryd to open a 5,4 million dollar river rapids in 2016

Postby per2012 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:07 am

Invests 45 million NOK (5,4 million USD) on a new attraction:

Opens 500m (1 640 ft) long family rafting in spring 2016

Now TusenFryd will build Norway's toughest water-based attraction, unique of its kind in Northern Europe. An exciting river rapids on a half kilometers will be constructed, and in the wild rapids await several waterfalls, a maelstrom and other challenging obstacles.

Again TusenFryd invests considerable resources to offer the public new, unique experiences in the park.

"Rapid River" is the project name of the concept which has been planned for several years. In all, 18,000 m3 (4,4 acre) masses to be removed, which corresponds to 1,200 truckloads. Thereafter, 2.000 m3 (0,4 acre) of concrete cast on an area equivalent to 3,500 square meters (0.8 acre). When construction is completed 1.3 million liters (343 423,6 gallons) of water filling the river, and two large pumps that push each 2,200 liters (581 gallons) of water per second will create a strong current in the river.

Intense experiences await

The attraction has a capacity of 900 guests per hour. The guests will go on board in one of nine rafts that each takes nine passengers. Along the river, they have to go through two waterfalls, a swirling maelstrom and a tunnel and other exciting challenges. The whole attraction adorned with a Norse theme, in keeping with the design of "Thor's Hammer" which is another well-known guests favorite in the park.

The river will follow the falling terrain starting close by "Thor's Hammer" and then sling 500 meters on the plot.

- This is a great family attraction. We are proud to offer our audience new unique quality attractions, and look forward with expectation to be able to wish guests a thrilling ride with the new family attraction in the spring, says Andersen.

Concept art
TusenFryd_nyhet_2016.jpg.png

A closer look at the concept art
The station
riverrapids1.png

The first part after the station, you can see the buildings that are on the concept art is the old viking houses that where in the old vikingland.
riverrapids2.png

The whirlpool and the first drop.
riverrapids3.png

Here is a picture of a Hafema Whirlpool that will be featured on the ride Tusenfryd is getting

The last drop and what looks like a huge wave pool before the upramp into the station.
riverrapids4.png

riverrapids5.png

Source:
http://www.oblad.no/tusenfryd-investerer-45-millioner-i-ny-attraksjon/s/5-68-94960

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:14 am

It's like a newer, better Maelstrom! :b

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby per2012 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:21 am

SharkTums wrote:It's like a newer, better Maelstrom! :b

Yeah, that's the real reason that Epcot removed Maelstrom, so TusenFryd could build the ride :D

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:54 am

That was unexpected. And it looks great!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:00 pm

I want the Frozen ride!!! :(

On a bit more serious note, this was definitely not what I was expecting from Tusenfryd. If someone were to ask me what Tusenfryd is lacking, a water ride is not what comes to my mind as in my opinion they're already quite well covered with the log flume and Supersplash. Anyway, I hope it will be a big success for the park. It's not something that will bring me back to the park unless I'm in the area, but the concept art looks great and I'm sure it will be a very fun ride.
:)

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:31 pm

So Robb can do a "Anna and Elsa ride Tusenfryds newer and better Maelstrom" video!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:19 pm

thanks for the new ride info
Last edited by larrygator on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:21 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Paradox » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:04 pm

If the theming is really good I can see this being on the same level as River Quest.
Is this a trick question?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!