The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1501 - Bigfoot Rapids to become Calico River Rapids
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby mike932 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:48 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am going a couple weeks from now, so hopefully every kid will be at school.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CedarFlags » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:26 am

mike932 wrote:Thanks for the replies everyone. I am going a couple weeks from now, so hopefully every kid will be at school.

Yes, most of the local schools are going back sometime in the next week or two.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:13 am

Just announced!

Knott’s Berry Farm Prepares For Ghost Town’s 75th Anniversary Celebration In 2016
Saddle-Up On GhostRider Before September 8

In 2016, Knott's Berry Farm’s Ghost Town will celebrate 75 years of creating lasting memories for countless generations. In preparation for Ghost Town’s Anniversary Celebration, GhostRider, the longest, tallest and fastest wooden roller coaster on the West Coast, will close on September 8 for a comprehensive restoration. The massive coaster features plunging drops, harrowing turns, and 4,533 ft. of wooden track. Hitting speeds of over 50 miles per hour, and looming 118 ft. over the historic Ghost Town, GhostRider even races outside of the Park, towering over Beach Boulevard. Screamin’ Swing will permanently close on September 8 in preparation for Ghost Town’s 75th anniversary celebration in 2016. In November, Knott’s will share more plans about how the park will celebrate the 75th anniversary of Ghost Town. Join the conversation on social media using #GhostTown75 for more updates on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
GhostRider_Night.jpg
GhostRider on lift hill HDR Large2.jpg

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby fpsphil » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:16 am

^ question is, whose doing this restoration (please say rmc topper track)

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:19 am

fpsphil wrote:^ question is, whose doing this restoration (please say rmc topper track)

I would be over-joyed to see RMC retrack this ride, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was GCI.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby VegasBaby » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:20 am

So glad they are refurbishing GhostRider, but I wonder who is doing the work? My wish would be for RMC to do it with topper track, but CF has never worked with RMC before. Whatever company Knott's chooses to use for the refurbishment, I really hope they can provide a long-lasting solution.
Last edited by VegasBaby on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:27 am.
Coaster Count: 209 Last Coaster: Hangtime
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Lightning Rod 9) Mako 10) Storm Runner

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby coasterkid124 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:24 am

Very interesting. With this, I wouldn't expect a major RMC overhaul to happen in the near future. I wonder who will be performing the refurb. Topper Track, Gravity Group, or Martin & Vleminckx would probably be the front runners, maybe even GCI. It's not like Ghost Rider needs a layout change or RMC treatment. This work being done should make it a great ride again.
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:26 am

I would LOVE to be wrong here, but I don't think this will be RMC. Although I do think that we will see the best results from RMC. We will see!
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:34 am

GCI Wooden wrote:
fpsphil wrote:^ question is, whose doing this restoration (please say rmc topper track)

I would be over-joyed to see RMC retrack this ride, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was GCI.

If I had to guess, I think you're right. I think we are looking at something more along the lines of what GCI did to Boulder Dash (which was awesome) but that's just my guess.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:38 am

I've never been on Ghost Rider but from what I've heard/read it sounds like it was a great ride when it was new, so keeping it's original layout might be worth while.

If it is GCI I wonder if there's any chance of them introducing Millenium Flyers if they compeltly re-track the layout.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!