TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Given how tall they're wanting to make the ride, I don't think this would be feasible, but I think it would be cool to see some type of launch on a dive coaster at some point. Something like this:

Credit- David Palmero

I have a feeling your wish will be granted when CW gets their next coaster. Could totally see something like that being built in the former stand up's spot.

As for CP, I believe they'll be going for either height or speed, plus Agee new elements.

Well CP, you're up! How do you figure to top THAT Dollywood announcement!

In all seriousness, I have no doubt they'll put in an awesome coaster, if that is indeed what it is. However, I still think they should have gotten their announcement in before Dollywood, to get a week or two "in the sun" before Dollywood "stole their thunder" (with Lightning! .)

^Don't forget, if things stand true to the "leaked plans", it will also feature a "Worlds First". World's first Vertical Loop on a Dive Coaster. And wouldn't longest drop on a Dive Coaster count as a record too?

Anyway, exciting times ahead. Tis the season!

Speaking of which, am I the only one who's laughing because loops have been on diving machines on RCT for YEARS? I mean, RCT2 was in development when loops first started on wooden coasters, so they put them in everything.

Ok guys so a guy called coasterfeed on Instagram has pictures of a layout and logo for valravn which look pretty legit. He said that someone leaked it on the app for the countdown. I was thinking that it could be another bat hoax like with KI. But I'm not sure, it does look awesome and real. This guy is convinced 100% that this is the real thing. Check it out for yourself.

Yeah I saw that... looks pretty low resolution and low quality to be a legit rendering, but who knows. Usually B&M computer models are very fine 3d work, not crap 3d plastered over low quality Google Earth.

That said, I'd love a dive loop into a zero g roll on a dive machine!

Edited by DrachenfireOP

Valravn leak? From what people are saying who watched it, this coaster features the vertical drop -> Immelmann -> MCBR -> Dive Loop -> Barrel Roll -> Airtime Hill.

And by the way, the reason it's such low quality is because it's from their new VR app. It's not an official animation I don't think.

image.jpg.29f5612cea347ed0009d800d664d17c4.jpg

image.jpg.cd3bb8ad520dacf5c48c3a5090712700.jpg

image.jpg.6632e9bd5118739ee5bc933812faec90.jpg

0GxVZqP.thumb.png.235cc697b7bf251601ac99737fbf6fe7.png

ADpoNKV.thumb.png.8aaffe337edaccb36529af7f544a22c2.png

JojWBwT.thumb.png.0ff9c36bbd49cfb1068547d340b3c852.png

zCwVTgQ.thumb.png.1a458a39dd0d882cf27a36c9eb3a92a0.png

Edited by robbalvey

^ ^ ^ ^ I'm join the "That's not real" group. Everything just looks so poorly done. Just look at power tower for example. It looks awful, and I'm not just talking about the image quality. The ride itself looks poorly made. Cedar Point would do better than that.

So IMO... Not real.