TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lagoon Discussion Thread

My family will be heading to Lagoon sometime next week (22nd or 23rd). I'm not going to get my hopes up about Cannibal being open, but it will still be nice to visit Lagoon since I haven't been in 8 years (still haven't been on Wicked).

Nobody knows. The employees don't know. The people building it don't even know. I was there today, it looks ready to open, but it didn't open today. There's a few objects littering the midway and ride enclosure. They could be moved easily. It is suspected that the park won't announce its opening in advance. Again, we don't know that for sure. If it opens tomorrow, you'll hear about it, some of us from lagoonisfun will be there tomorrow just in case. I doubt it will open on a Sunday just because of the religious nature of the state, but I don't know that for sure either. I'd say if you don't hear about it opening tomorrow, if possible, wait until Monday. That way, if it should happen to open Monday, you'll get to ride it. Believe me, everybody wants to know, but nobody does. Sorry.

My family will be heading to Lagoon sometime next week (22nd or 23rd). I'm not going to get my hopes up about Cannibal being open, but it will still be nice to visit Lagoon since I haven't been in 8 years (still haven't been on Wicked).

Nobody knows. The employees don't know. The people building it don't even know. I was there today, it looks ready to open, but it didn't open today. There's a few objects littering the midway and ride enclosure. They could be moved easily. It is suspected that the park won't announce its opening in advance. Again, we don't know that for sure. If it opens tomorrow, you'll hear about it, some of us from lagoonisfun will be there tomorrow just in case. I doubt it will open on a Sunday just because of the religious nature of the state, but I don't know that for sure either. I'd say if you don't hear about it opening tomorrow, if possible, wait until Monday. That way, if it should happen to open Monday, you'll get to ride it. Believe me, everybody wants to know, but nobody does. Sorry.

By the way your post is worded, it sounds like you meant to quote another post, but regardless, thanks for the info. Turns out I'm heading to Lagoon tomorrow (Sunday), so if it doesn't open today I think I'm outta luck. There's a chance I could go again on Monday but that is extremely unlikely.

Of course they start testing it before the only weekend this entire summer I have something planned. It's a work conference, so I can't get out of it either. I hope it opens soon, but wouldn't mind if it's not this weekend!

Edited by jray21

It's great to see them testing with actual human riders on it. This makes me think that they are very close to opening it. Cannibal is definitely one of the most unique and exciting coasters to open this year.

So glad to finally see people on this coaster. It looks simply amazing. I can not wait to hear reports on how it actually rides.

I have heard that it is one of the smoothest rides at lagoon, and that the ride was "incredible", and that it was "one fun ride!!!" Also, it should open wednesday, from what I've been hearing.

Chances are good this drop is going to crap all over the first drop of the dive coaster Cedar Point is supposedly building. Seriously, why are they even bothering...

What do those coasters have anything to do with each other? It's not like Lagoon and CP are competitors.

Clearly this needed more explanation. I grew up with CP always being the "cutting edge" park, always having the biggest and best of everything. I've always thought of them as competing against the whole world, not just their regional competitors. So I was pretty disappointed in the news that they're getting a B&M dive machine because to me, these rides are totally outmoded. Their only claim to fame was the vertical drop, which is now a common element on rides both much smaller and much larger including three at Cedar Point itself. And now the cherry on top is that a tiny park in Utah, one year prior, is opening a ride that appears to do everything a B&M dive machine does except 3x better.

That's my humble opinion, if you'd like to discuss the various merits of this argument we should probably take it to the CP thread but anyway that's what I meant.

Ummm, Lagoon is America's Largest Family Owned Amusement Park, at 143 Acres, has 3 Coasters Designed In House, and has 50 Rides.... that doesn't sound small to me. Lagoon is also well known and has a great reputation in the Industry, including those who own and manage parks.