TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

p. 45: Donkey Kong Country announced for 2024!

^ Actually, I think banana would be the perfect flavour for Minions' Popcorn.

If they can figure out how NOT to make it too sickly sweet.

And hey - it's Japan - they do everything awesome anyway!

TDS_PopcornVarietiesALTER.jpg.6b2c347a4c2ffde96a4a8d9ecfa76087.jpg

Examples of popcorn at Disney Sea....

^ Actually, I think banana would be the perfect flavour for Minions' Popcorn.

If they can figure out how NOT to make it too sickly sweet.

And hey - it's Japan - they do everything awesome anyway!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/park.php?pageid=486

And I know there's been more flavors since then since a friend of mine had Nacho Cheese popcorn.

So, banana it is for Minions' Popcorn, LOL!

This also reminded me of something we have

at our local Safeway in the ice cream cooler...

peelinpops_e_mar13.jpg.ca6d40e8b9753407a439f4970ebf8447.jpg

Also available as an ice cream-like "banana" too.

And it peels! (Not available at Universal - anywhere)

• 2 weeks later...

Universal Japan now offers Harry Potter And The Forbidden Journey in full 4K3D!

https://www.usj.co.jp/e/attraction/att_detail/harry-potter-and-the-forbidden-journey.html

I wonder if this will make the awkward transition between the live sets and domes less jarring. Now if only they can fix the abrupt speed issue, too. The dome portions have it seem like you're moving super fast flying around while the live set portions just crawl by.

• 3 weeks later...

This was just posted at Screamscape.com

Anybody know more about it?

CGvrsP0UkAEdSOh.jpg.0f02b7b563c370a40974665c5b8e136f.jpg

Hmmm. Maybe those flyers that are in IOA? (Thank you shichan14 for the photo taken. And... Groovy Shoes!)

This probably won't happen but a man can dream...

What if they went for an S&S Free Fly themed to the Pteranadons? Forget making it a kid's ride. With the way the Pteranadons are acting in the trailers for Jurassic World (as in murderous rampaging evil doom beings) I think it'd be more fitting to have a super insane ride to go with it rather than a lame kiddie suspended. Just my two cents.

What if they went for an S&S Free Fly themed to the Pteranadons? Forget making it a kid's ride. With the way the Pteranadons are acting in the trailers for Jurassic World (as in murderous rampaging evil doom beings) I think it'd be more fitting to have a super insane ride to go with it rather than a lame kiddie suspended. Just my two cents.

Smart idea.

^ Oooh that's an interesting idea! Using a system like Tranan, and enclose

the whole thing in a bldg.? And they now have ..uh.. things to hold onto,

instead of just spreading your arms out, etc.

381868243_ResizeofIMG_5434.JPG.808d9d1b24b9beee42645b22e0f8a8eb.JPG

It could work this way. (TPR 2014 Scandi Tour) In the lower vehicle, you can see the hang-on handles.

Notice also, that there were riders still putting their arms our - which was really cool to do, actually!

First off, do we know it's a coaster? It says ride. Secondly, I think we should make a list of every Dino themed ride in the world and try to decide how to top it!

The Jurassic Park area of Universal Osaka has been closed since May but is scheduled to reopen in July. Wel'l try to scope out some more details when we visit soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Screamscape sources have confirmed that the new Jurassic Park themed ride going into Universal Studios Japan for 2016 is better than we could have hoped… it will be a B&M Flyer. I don’t quite know how elaborate the themeing will be, but this sounds almost like a revival of the old cancelled plans once in place for Islands of Adventure that would have seen a B&M Flyer coaster built inside a giant Pteranodon Aviary structure.

Like I said, I’m not sure if the Aviary structure will be part of these new plans or not, but since a Pteranodon like dinosaur was put on the construction wall in the theme park itself, I can only assume this is the basic theme they are going for with this project. Of course a giant Aviary building also plays a big part in the new Jurassic World movie as well, this one containing Pterosaurs.

Well this is exciting, I had planned to fly out to Japan and Osaka for Febuary 2016 for a few days and see if I could get in a park or two but I may have to push it back for this. I've only been on AIR and while I didn't like the ride too much, I liked the experience and SkyScrapper has been really high on my bucket list for a while to see what a real flyer feels like but I'd be just as happy seeing what USJ can do.

I am already a bit leery of them saying...

"The Greatest Dinosaur Ride In The World"

That's pretty in your face, for the Japanese to post it on a wall like that.

But then again - hey - it's the Japanese.

It probably WILL be The Greatest Ride, lol!

From Screamscape:

2016 - New Jurassic Park Attraction - Rumor - (6/19/15) Screamscape sources have confirmed that the new Jurassic Park themed ride going into Universal Studios Japan for 2016 is better than we could have hoped… it will be a B&M Flyer. I don’t quite know how elaborate the themeing will be, but this sounds almost like a revival of the old cancelled plans once in place for Islands of Adventure that would have seen a B&M Flyer coaster built inside a giant Pteranodon Aviary structure.

So.... Universal Studios Japan is getting an awesome Dinosaur themed ride in their Jurassic Park area and IOA gets a King Kong ride in their Jurassic Park area... Makes PERFECT sense!

Oh, Japan... How you continue to do things so much better than any of the U.S. parks!

I'm late to the party since we now know it's going to be a flying coaster... But yeah, I second your Free-Fly coaster idea! It kind reminds my version of an Avatar-themed ride I had for the new land at Animal Kingdom: Picture 1 Picture 2

At least Universal isn't going with the simulator kind of ride and you will ACTUALLY be flying!

Well the good thing is that with those first week numbers for Jurassic World there will be a Jurassic World 2. I assume that IOA will capitalize in some way, I'd Iove to see another B&M winged coaster. I think that there is going to be another King Kong movie that was scheduled for 2016 but was pushed back which explains why they are building the Kong Attraction. I am super envious of Japan though I know that coaster will be sick!

I'm so jealous. I mean I'm sure King Kong will be great but for the longest time I was hoping everyone was wrong that it would be a Kong ride and be a Jurassic Park attraction. UGH.

Good for Universal Japan though! It sure definitely has everything in one park! Really jealous though...