TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

^^ That tent looks like it is about to collapse.

I'm excited to here the official Ferrari World/Land news on the 7th. Im still unclear whether this will be a separate gate park or just a new land of Port Aventura.

^ total speculation here but i think it will be a land because they changed the name from world to land.

I like the design but i don't think it fits within the theme of the park which makes me a little sad. PA is such a lush well themed park with a world theme. Having a Ferrari land doesn't really fit. But oh well, at least its investment. I'm still hoping it will be a separate gate.

Sorry for the wrong speculation guys.

But here is the official info nevertheless!:

- Intamin coaster will be 112 meters (367ft) high, 180km/h (111.8m/h) fast in only 5 seconds! No extra camelback anymore!

- No Intamin Free fall Ride on the coaster' top hat. Instead two separate Freefall towers next to the top hat. Most likely two Shot 'N Drop Towers of S&S (?) , but I'm not sure.

- It will be a separate park, not a themed area in the Port Aventura Park. It will be Italian themed and will be located behind the park hotel 'Hotel Port Aventura'.

- Opening: start 2017

Press event is still going and you can follow it on Twitter (#FerrarilandPA), so more info soon to come!

Some pics:

Thanks to: CoasterConcepts and Octavi Bono Gispert on Twitter.

I'm happy with that. Switching out the free fall rides on the coaster tower for S&S towers would makes sense, if the tower is only going to be 367ft tall, the drop towers would end up being the more or less the same height as Hurakan Condor.

^ Yes, and it looks pretty awesome!

Port Aventura will now have the three fastest and the two tallest rides in Europe, if Ring Racer remains closed.

What a massive disappointment!

Oh buzz off!

Edited by _koppen

This Hi-res image gives a clear look at the towers and the kart circuit (?). Have a look at the turns, what are those grooves supposed to show? Reminds me of Carrera slot car racing...

ferrariland-plan-konzept.thumb.jpg.65fcd33016bfe145dc7f8a2f062b9677.jpg

Source

I'm glad to see that the PortAventura resort is expanding with a second gate, even though it will be a half day park. Hopefully they will add more things like Ferrari World in the coming years to make it a more complete park. I hope PortAventura will add a park hopper option so I could hop both PA and Ferrari Land in a day on my next visit to Spain.

I'm glad to see that the PortAventura resort is expanding with a second gate, even though it will be a half day park. Hopefully they will add more things like Ferrari World in the coming years to make it a more complete park. I hope PortAventura will add a park hopper option so I could hop both PA and Ferrari Land in a day on my next visit to Spain.

According to the park director, there will be two options; either a separate ticket just for FerrariLand (I guess for hardcore fans) or a park hopper so that you can get to FerrariLand from Mediterranea without having to leave PortAventura.

Thanks for all the updates and photos today guys Here's my thoughts:

- I love the contrast between the ultra-modern "hub" and the Italian themed street

- It's bit of a shame that there's no camelback on the coaster, but then it's not the main part of the ride of course

- I quite like that the tower rides are now separate from the coaster as they have more impact

- I hope they keep the price reasonable bearing in mind the park is quite small

- Layout wise it looks really good, it will be interesting to see what is in the main building/hub

- Oh and the entrance plaza looks like a Breakdance

It looks good but not enough for me to want to visit Salou again in a hurry. But you never know, as construction continues I may get more exited about it.

I'm just not all that interested in a Ferrari land, and we have Stealth in this country which is pretty much the same ride just a bit smaller so I think I'll skip this and save for a different holiday.

Cheers for all the information!

^It will likely have the box track. Here's the reason they use the double spine:

...Actually, Sander Kernacs explained why Intamin created the double spine in an interview (by TPR) at IAAPA. He said it was because King's Dominion specifically requested that Intamin reduce the amount of supports and footers. In order to have fewer supports, Intamin developed the double spine, and this was especially important in the development of Skyrush, as that ride is in a very tight space. With the double spine, they can build support columns up to 100 feet apart. So basically, it's not the size of the ride, but the amount of supports that determines whether a ride gets the double spine or not.

SInce this design has been created before, it will likely have the exact same supports and track style as TTD/KK. But who knows, Intamin does like to innovate.

I honestly think this will bomb initially because of lack of attractions and they will charge to much to enter, I reckon it will be about 25-35 Euros. From the drawings there looks to be launched coaster, drop tower, go-kart style ride, I'm betting some sort of dark ride and probably a few kids rides.

I visited Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi last year and everything was incredibly expensive including the souvenirs and we had done everything in a couple of hours. I think Ferrari World Abu Dhabi has survived because there is nothing else around it where as the Solou park has a Port Aventura next to it which offers a much more complete park experience.

The park will obviously get some visitors because of the tallest coaster in Europe but unless its a 10-15 Euro bolt on ticket I can't see it being an initial success until they build a second wave of attractions.

I'd be willing to bet there will be an indoor simulator of sorts.

I just hope not too much of this park is indoors. In a country like Abu Dhabi or the UK needs indoors stuff because the weather is too hot or too cold but the coast of Spain? The weathers so nice i don't want to be indoors!

^It will likely have the box track. Here's the reason they use the double spine:
...Actually, Sander Kernacs explained why Intamin created the double spine in an interview (by TPR) at IAAPA. He said it was because King's Dominion specifically requested that Intamin reduce the amount of supports and footers. In order to have fewer supports, Intamin developed the double spine, and this was especially important in the development of Skyrush, as that ride is in a very tight space. With the double spine, they can build support columns up to 100 feet apart. So basically, it's not the size of the ride, but the amount of supports that determines whether a ride gets the double spine or not.

SInce this design has been created before, it will likely have the exact same supports and track style as TTD/KK. But who knows, Intamin does like to innovate.

But the fact that Intamin can decrease the amount of supports would surely make them save a lot of money on tall rides like this one? I for one hope that it's the new structure! It will give the ride a much cleaner looking support structure

^They could use a structure a bit like I305's lift hill but there will always have to be a "big" support structure and so the problem is not really how many track connectors it has, I guess.