TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official NoLimits/NL2 Help Thread

I have no idea why. I followed tutorials and exactly copied everything from the videos. I tried 9 times before giving up and turning to the forums for help.

Basically, no matter what i try, the lift hill chain stops before reaching the top. This also happens on the coasters I made full circuit.

Added a printscreen so maybe someone who knows what they are doing can see what I do wrong. It makes me crazy not being able to make a coaster that works at all.

You have 2 blocks and then there is a safety system that brakes it. Try 3 blocks and i promise it will work

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much for calcification, I could do many things now , my fault also was in Indexing the Train.

One more question, How can I access TrackPos class, There is no object called TrackPos

I tried to access its methods directly but had this error message

MyTrackPosMat = TrackPos.getCenterRailsMatrix();

Trying to access a non static method from a static context: getCenterRailsMatrix

...1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Thanks

There is no "object" called TrackPos. It is a class, you have to define an object for it yourself.

Do you mean is exports a sound file (.mp3, .ogg, .wav, etc) or that the file only plays the sound and there is no video?

If it's the latter, then it's likely because you pc doesn't support the video. The files that NL2 export as have trouble playing back videos if they get too large. If you just convert the file to something else, like a .avi or something, it should work fine.

Do you mean is exports a sound file (.mp3, .ogg, .wav, etc) or that the file only plays the sound and there is no video?

If it's the latter, then it's likely because you pc doesn't support the video. The files that NL2 export as have trouble playing back videos if they get too large. If you just convert the file to something else, like a .avi or something, it should work fine.

Sorry I forgot to mention in my last post that they come up as .mov files.

I'll try converting them to .avi and see what happens.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

• 2 weeks later...

I am fairly new to NL2 and have figured out enough to make fairly good coasters (that are in no means perfect). I spent a few days making a launched coaster with a unique layout that I am proud of. I finished the coaster and went to Play mode, but for some reason the train wouldn't dispatch from the station. I have tried many things to solve the problem, and can't think of anything that could have caused it. The other coasters I've made have dispatched. I've tried manual dispatch, too, but couldn't get it to work.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be the problem and what I could possibly try to fix it?

EDIT: I think I fixed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I just bought Nolimits 2 today, and I was wondering how to actually ride the coasters and see it in full quality. How can I get it to run at full quality (as in, I want to see the actual wood, not blue lines)?

I would put a screenshot in, but for some reason I can't put one in.

EDIT: I figured out how to do it, however I don't know why I can't post a screenshot here.

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but how do you go about making custom trains for the coasters?? I'm sure you build them in a program like sketchup, but how do you get them in the game. On the track, and working??? Any advice would be great. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Use this:

Capture.PNG.1485c86dcebc9e6ab053b328c55de789.PNG

And then this:

Capture.PNG.1485c86dcebc9e6ab053b328c55de789.PNG

The more vertices you place at the point you're smoothing, the more the track will retain its shape while you're smoothing. If you have fewer vertices, the track will change shape more drastically. You just have to play around with it to see how much you want to do before you're satisfied with the result.

Capture.PNG.bb0875a1fac2fb3573865a6fb42eaa3c.PNG

• 1 month later...

Do you need a MCBR to run 3 trains on a coaster? I tried creating two different brake runs at the end, but whenever I enter "play" mode, the first train stops at the top of the lifthill, the second train is in the station, and the third is stuck in between the two final brake runs.

It's because the brake trigger for the second of the brake runs is set to early, so it's stopping the train before it fully exits the first brake run. Make sure the brake run is long enough for the whole train to fit on, open up the Brake section settings for the second brake run and click on "Center On Section", that way, the brakes on the won't trigger until the train is in the middle of the second brake run and will have hopefully cleared the first one, letting the other train go over the lift.

It's because the brake trigger for the second of the brake runs is set to early, so it's stopping the train before it fully exits the first brake run. Make sure the brake run is long enough for the whole train to fit on, open up the Brake section settings for the second brake run and click on "Center On Section", that way, the brakes on the won't trigger until the train is in the middle of the second brake run and will have hopefully cleared the first one, letting the other train go over the lift.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure this is possible.

Is there a way to have a LIM section that only activates for the second time a train passes it? Basically I have an idea I want to try where the train passes a section of track, rolls back and up the previous hill, and then on the way back forward gets a boost from the LIM to make it through the element. Does that make sense and is it possible? Thanks.