TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

^ A B&M would be nice. I don't think they will get an intamin, as they already have the main three types of coasters intamin makes, launch, hyper, and multi looper.

The capacity of B&M coasters is too much for Fuji-Q. Unless B&M can develop 2 car trains

Perhaps they could use four seats in the first two rows, then just rope off the others.

A bit off topic but I wonder if they could be getting a new ride next year as there seems to be a trend of installing a coaster 5 years after the previous one: 1996 - Fujiyama, 2001 - Dodonpa, 2006 - Eejanaika, 2011 - Takabisha. Just a thought, though.

Gerstlauer Pandemonium clone with one loading platform, one MCBR, seat belts and strict loose article policy.

• 1 year later...

Looks like Fuji-Q will be getting a Gerstlauer Sky Roller.

From their Facebook page with poorly translated grammar:

On July 16, a new attraction named "TENTEKOMAI" is set to open.

[information] new attraction

Very thank you for waiting! Rotation System Scream Attraction " ten, my ' 7/16 (Sat) open schedule. The height of 32 m to his family, and the ride attached to your own wings and operation next rotation, eventually i desperately Not ← "ten, my" in the attraction. Hope you. Please.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE → http://www.fujiq.jp/special/tentekomai/

On July 16, a new attraction named "TENTEKOMAI" is set to open.

13567334_1147161448640542_2694479186927729960_n.jpg?oh=3e742b9d72b92efcdd87e4e380e67aff&oe=57EDA6D6

• 3 weeks later...
^Awesome addition! A relatively unique flat... With a capacity perfect for Fuji-Q

Yeah, I already thought of that, too.

G03_WaitingToRide_FujiQ.jpg.5a3c360447163b1fb784fd86ae9870cf.jpg

An early "Fuji-Queue". Fujiyama Coaster. TPR 2011 Japan Tour.

• 1 month later...

Fuji Q have announced Dodonpa is to close on October the 2nd for an extended period of time.

The ride will be reborn next summer.

Quite what this means is anyone's guess but a layout change or extension isnt beyond the realms of possibility. Or we could just be looking at an extended refurb.

http://www.fujiq.jp/special/oyasumi-dodonpa/

^ I think there may be a re track, but the track will be the same style. If you changed the whole track you would need new breaks, station, train, clearances and of course the spectacular laugh will have to be re done. If you look, the two track systems are very different

My guess is that they'll re-track the whole ride to S&S's modern track and give the ride the 4-across trains like they have in China.

4-across

It's Fuji-Q, they will reduce capacity turning it into one seat per row.

Exactly what I was thinking Larry!!! Can they somehow make it the first single person launched coaster!?!?

As long as they don't get rid of Dodonpa. I was nervous for a moment when I saw that announcement on their Facebook page. I wasn't sure what they meant by closing (one of those lost in translation moments). Dodonpa is one most exciting coasters I've ever ridden and is reason enough for me to return to Fuji Q the next time I'm in Japan. Freaking love Dodonpa!

My guess is that they'll re-track the whole ride to S&S's modern track and give the ride the 4-across trains like they have in China.

4-across

Exactly what I was thinking Larry!!! Can they somehow make it the first single person launched coaster!?!?

The train will still leave half empty.

If I were to guess; A New launch system, Magnetic brakes, and maybe a repaint.

A new launch system?? Why?? There's nothing wrong with the launch system it has. (Unless I'm missing something. If so then ignore this post.) But having Powderkeg in my back yard, and never noticing any problems with the launch system, (which I'may pretty sure uses the same launch system as Dodonpa) I'm interested to hear why it needs a new launch system.

I can't think of another launch system that provides as "instant" acceleration as S&S's compressed air launch does. Not trying to be an ass, really just trying to figure out if Dodonpa really does have a bad launch system.

If I were to guess; A New launch system, Magnetic brakes, and maybe a repaint.

I hope they leave that launch alone, I don't think I've experienced another like it and think it may be the sole reason i tolerate return visits to Fuji-Q. From what I've seen on other TR's (anyone else elaborate, I haven't been on them) the new versions in China don't have quite the same punch to them.

^ I think there may be a re track, but the track will be the same style. If you changed the whole track you would need new breaks, station, train, clearances and of course the spectacular laugh will have to be re done. If you look, the two track systems are very different

A lot of those things will be replaced anyway almost definitely. Its almost definitely going to have new brakes, trains and Dodonpa has no clearances! modifying the station wouldn't be too hard either.

Dodonpa is the only reason I go to Fuji Q. So that means there's a really big chance they'll change it for the worse.

As others have said, they better not mess with the launch. It is by far the most extreme moment on ANY coaster in the world.

4-across

I agree. Larry wins!