Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 681 - Wahoo River to replace Castaway Creek in 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:16 am

You're right, but it would be so... so ugly. And since the park is slowly improving I'd like to see them fix up their current ridiculously ugly path before they add more ridiculously ugly paths that people will then complain about.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby Highridin » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:14 pm

Bad thing is that they will probably do the new path perfect, and leave the old one as is...lol
The top 3: Volcano, Alpengeist, Batman the Ride

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Password121 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:16 pm

I was at the park for a good while today. Overall it was a good day; more crowded than I expected for a Monday, but nothing too ridiculous. One train ops on all coasters, Superman, Batwing, and Wild One could have befitted from two train operations greatly.
Noticed some retracking on Wild One, which was running fairly well. Superman was hauling today, greyed out in the first helix for a few seconds.

Jokers Jinx was down today. I walked around the perimeter and noticed it was actually missing about 2/3 of a support on the backside, with the base of the support in the ground and the top portion suspended in the air, clamped by what appeared to be a ratcheting rope or band of sorts. Honestly I've never seen something like this before. It looked like it was forcefully removed (not clean) from the footer, which was very easily visible from the path to Superman. Anyone have more info? I can't imagine this is a quick fix by any means.
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby Highridin » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:40 pm

Didn't notice it. I'm stopping by the park on Wednesday or Thursday to see how the new rib platter is (I have the meal pass). Nothing like living less than 3 minutes from the park. All coasters seem like they are hauling right now. Hope they stay the same. Also didn't get head or neck destroyed on Roar or Mind eraser (that's a first for the latter). Wonder what's going on with JJ? Going to check it out.
The top 3: Volcano, Alpengeist, Batman the Ride

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Location: El Toro, back seat, crossing over what used to be Rolling Thunder

Postby Oryp » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:16 pm

Password121 wrote:Jokers Jinx was down today. I walked around the perimeter and noticed it was actually missing about 2/3 of a support on the backside, with the base of the support in the ground and the top portion suspended in the air, clamped by what appeared to be a ratcheting rope or band of sorts. Honestly I've never seen something like this before. It looked like it was forcefully removed (not clean) from the footer, which was very easily visible from the path to Superman. Anyone have more info? I can't imagine this is a quick fix by any means.

I was there on Friday and took some pictures of Joker's missing support. It doesn't look good.
Joker1.jpg
There were some straps around the top of the support and the one next to it.
Joker2.jpg
Here's the footer end. Oof.
Count: 199
Skyrush | Intimidator 305 | Maverick | Superman: The Ride | Millenium Force
Outlaw Run | El Toro | Boulder Dash | Thunderhead | Phoenix

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby coasterkid124 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:06 am

^Woah... That doesn't look good at all. It doesn't seem like the support was torch cut by hand. Sometimes when coasters get older, in high stress sections the fasteners get a little bit loose and need tightening. It might be possible that one sheared off and the weight of the support caused it to collapse like that. They will probably need to get a new one and inspect the rest of the bolts.
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:07 am

Or maybe it's going to another park?
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby coasterkid124 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:11 am

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:Or maybe it's going to another park?

That's probably not it. In normal deconstruction, normally the highest points of the coaster are taken apart first (usually track). Not only that, but the support wouldn't be cut like that. It would just be unfastened from the footer.
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

Seems So Surreal

Postby mike541x » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:28 am

Honestly I'm not surprised. I remember two summers ago, my friends and I were watching Joker's Jinx and couldn't help but notice how much that support shook every time a train went through the cobra roll.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:39 am

Yea you can kiss Joker's Jinx goodbye until July at the very least.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!