TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ OMG that looks awesome. It looks like NL2 but a million times easier.

It may be easier than no limits, but as a TPS user, it has one HELL of a learning curve. You need to have some sense of what to do, which means you gotta watch those tutorial videos.

It may be easier than no limits, but as a TPS user, it has one HELL of a learning curve. You need to have some sense of what to do, which means you gotta watch those tutorial videos.

I kind of picked up on that myself for sure. Even with watching the tutorial videos, I have had a hard time learning the software. It's made it hard for me to want to play. perhaps I should try again here soon. Now there are a lot more updates there since I played last. I think I saw that I'd only played like 107 minutes last time I was on my steam account lol.

I must kindly disagree. In my first tries at making a coaster, I was able to sculpt terrain, lay down a station and track and ride my coaster in a few minutes - under 10 minutes total time.

In NL2, which I also own, it took my 10 minutes just to understand what to do. I have yet to create something good with NL2 and it cost me over $100 for the Pro version. I'll take TPS over NL2 any time. With all the new, easier to use features that have been implemented, not only is it easier to use, but more powerful, too.

Mike

Theme Park Studio IS much much easier than NoLimits!

Especially after the last Update (Phase5 with TrainEditor and NEW PathEditor) it is really easy to build Theme Parks!

I told it somewhere else and it is NOT a Joke: Anytime my 4year old nephew (cute little girl) is visiting us I have to sit her in front of my PC so that she can build with TPS!

It must be easy if this young girl can handle it and before I forget we are living in germany and TPS (for now) is english only!!!

She didn't watched the Tutorial Videos, she just saw one of my Coasters and asked me if she can build one! I didn't leave her completly alone with it I showed her how to use and some tricks and then she started building (not only coasters)!

So if this little girl can keep in mind what I've told her than anyone else can do that also!

And after the last Phase, many things get so damn easy and will still getting better with the next update and the last one!

The Devs of TPS continue their hard work every day and with still listening to the community! Many many community-related things are put in the last update!

Phase 7 (no phase 6 isn't lost Phase 2 and 6 where put together), the next Update of TPS will bring us all the Particle Effect Editor, Weather and Timecycle effects and a CoasterUndo!!!

I would bet that there is a little bit more coming because that was always the fact on any update of this Developer!

Look at the Photos above of the upcoming Phase 7 and yeah it's true they are AMAZING!!! Can't wait to test it out!

Also I forget to say that the PathEditor that came up in Phase5 is now so EASY like the CoasterEditor!

Everything "snaps" now together (Path to Path, Path to Ride, Object to Pathedges and much more) and you can now just "click" your path thru your Park as easy as laying trackpieces with the CoasterEditor!

I can just say that I choosed the RIGHT Game for myself to build Parks and Coasters and Flat-Rides and... it is incredible to watch the efford this Developer is making and giving us all to bring our imagination to life

Am I the only one that finds these last 2 users comments rather suspicious?

Suspicious? Why? Wait am I maybe in the wrong thread or forum ?

Let me read the Topic again: "Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread", well NO I'm gladly NOT in the wrong one

I just can say anyone who still compares TPS with other Games (atm) and says TPS is "hard" or has a "high learning curve", I would say he/she didn't touched the game since phase 3?

Anyone who owned a "Early Access" copy of TPS should take a look at the newest update and try some things, and also especially after the next update that is coming (Phase 7)!

Am I the only one that finds these last 2 users comments rather suspicious?

I bought and paid for both software, as well as a myriad of others. Why am I not allowed to speak my mind here and on other forums about either software. I'm actually a fan of both titles, but find TPS to be a bit more 'fun' to play with.

As an avid coaster enthusiast AND coaster software enthusiast, I believe my opinion matters, just like anyone else's.

If you are allowed to post here, so am I.

Mike

The Devs of TPS continue their hard work every day and with still listening to the community! Many many community-related things are put in the last update...

Honestly, this whole thing sounds like a press release. If you're really a "normal" player like you say you are, stop just going down the phase features and repeating "it's so easy" and actually show us WHY you think it's so easy to use.

Theme Park Studio will NOT be easy for everyone - much like Sketchup, an application that most 3D artists get their start in, is not easy for everyone either.

I refuse to be a part of Early Access for Theme Park Studio because when I backed them initially I was promised a full retail release over a year ago, WITHOUT having to deal with the middleman that is Steam. I'm not going to touch it until it's fully finished, because I have more important things to worry about at this point in my career. Also, for the record, I AM butthurt about it.

Also, I call shenanigans on this line here -

...not only is it easier to use, but more powerful, too.

I'd like you to tell me with a straight face that Theme Park Studio is more powerful than NoLimits 2. They may be on close levels to each other overall, fine, but nothing comes close to the accuracy, real-world usage and presentation capabilities of NoLimits 2. I'm coming to you as a person who uses NoLimits 2 in conjunction with other applications to create believable 3D scenes of attractions and parks, and what I have seen of Theme Park Studio doesn't even begin to match the stuff that I can make myself with NoLimits 2's assistance.

Edited by A.J.

I don't think Theme Park Studio is hard, it's just different. Once you get used to it, just like any other new application/game it's no big deal. Along with myself, others have gone back to RCT3, now being used to Theme Park Studio, and found RCT3 hard to navigate. It's what you get used to, different is not bad it's just different. I have several hundred hours in TPS and I'm very familiar with the tools and menus, but I still find new ways to do things all the time - that's what makes it great every project or park you do you find something new to try and each time your parks look better and get done faster.

I've said it before there's not many theme park games on the market, really we have Roller Coaster Tycoon, No Limits, and now Theme Park Studio. Each has it's strengths but like others here right now I play the most of Theme Park Studio because it's easy enough to build what I want and frankly as of late is starting to look pretty realistic, just look at those screens! The particle phase is going to add a lot to it. There's nothing wrong with RCT and NL either, play them, enjoy them, support them there's no reason to bash one over the other because as stated each one offers something different and has their own strengths.

I've also said right now I think Theme Park Studio has the most potential over the next couple years, I mean for early access it's already impressive and some of these screens are pretty darn realistic. It's being compared to products that have been on the market for multiple years and had multiple releases, that's just not fair. I'm enjoying TPS greatly, I enjoy RCT and NL too, but I'm really excited to see what the future holds for TPS in the coming year(s).

@ AJ, you can't see my face but I promise it's straight .... TPS has more powerful tools than NL2 in several areas.

I agree for realistic coasters NL2 is tops right now, there are some impressive videos out there I think you even have some you initials look familiar, but when it comes to sounds, paths, landscaping, flat rides, animations, custom textures, and the total theme park experience TPS is more powerful, sorry but it is. It still early access too, imagine when the particles and lighting get implemented along with guests in the park....

What makes TPS more powerful is that I don't have to go outside of TPS to create these things, everything I do except some textures are done in TPS only (no sketchup, no modeling program) just TPS and .jpgs from around the net. I've built a log flume, water slide, and many coasters and parks in TPS and they take me a fraction of the time to build that NL2 does. NL2 is a great program, but so is TPS. To reiterate what I said above both offer something different and each has strengths the other does not.

Edited by A.J.

I don't think Theme Park Studio is hard, it's just different. Once you get used to it, just like any other new application/game it's no big deal. Along with myself, others have gone back to RCT3, now being used to Theme Park Studio, and found RCT3 hard to navigate. It's what you get used to, different is not bad it's just different. I have several hundred hours in TPS and I'm very familiar with the tools and menus, but I still find new ways to do things all the time - that's what makes it great every project or park you do you find something new to try and each time your parks look better and get done faster.

I've said it before there's not many theme park games on the market, really we have Roller Coaster Tycoon, No Limits, and now Theme Park Studio. Each has it's strengths but like others here right now I play the most of Theme Park Studio because it's easy enough to build what I want and frankly as of late is starting to look pretty realistic, just look at those screens! The particle phase is going to add a lot to it. There's nothing wrong with RCT and NL either, play them, enjoy them, support them there's no reason to bash one over the other because as stated each one offers something different and has their own strengths.

I've also said right now I think Theme Park Studio has the most potential over the next couple years, I mean for early access it's already impressive and some of these screens are pretty darn realistic. It's being compared to products that have been on the market for multiple years and had multiple releases, that's just not fair. I'm enjoying TPS greatly, I enjoy RCT and NL too, but I'm really excited to see what the future holds for TPS in the coming year(s).

That's exactly it, you kind of have to adjust yourself away from RCT3 when it comes to TPS. While they are similar, they're also pretty different. If I could describe the coaster building in TPS, I'd describe it as RCT for the big boys.

There has got to be an undo button for this program. I couldn't figure it out the other day when I was messing around with the coaster editor.

From the latest update on the facebook page:

Undo

Finally, we have been working hard to implement community requests while developing the phases. In this update we are starting to roll out Undo. In this next phase you can Undo coaster rail transformation and deletion. We will continue to work hard to fulfill backer requests over the next phases.

We look forward to moving on to phase 8 and appreciate our backers working with us during Early Access.

there are some impressive videos out there I think you even have some you initials look familiar

Hello! I believe that's actually me you're referring to.

It's been a while since I've logged on these forums so I don't know what's allowed here, but I will say this. The tactics you guys use to advertise this game, in my opinion, are really unnerving. Please stand by your game for what it is, and if it's good, people will come! I simply find it hard to recommend this to my friends with all these strange tactics being disposed. Perhaps some openness in that regard can help you out.

Me and many others would like to see TPS succeed! More competition in the market is never a bad thing, and I do believe Pantera has some ideas to bring to the genre. I still keep an eye out for progress on this title.

there are some impressive videos out there I think you even have some you initials look familiar

Hello! I believe that's actually me you're referring to.

It's been a while since I've logged on these forums so I don't know what's allowed here, but I will say this. The tactics you guys use to advertise this game, in my opinion, are really unnerving. Please stand by your game for what it is, and if it's good, people will come! I simply find it hard to recommend this to my friends with all these strange tactics being disposed. Perhaps some openness in that regard can help you out.

Me and many others would like to see TPS succeed! More competition in the market is never a bad thing, and I do believe Pantera has some ideas to bring to the genre. I still keep an eye out for progress on this title.

When TPS was first announced, the only thing close to it coming out was No Limits 2, which was going to be a full-on amusement park simulator as opposed to just a coaster simulator. It seemed that TPS was going to be the holy grail, the "RCT4" we've all been looking for.

Then, after an entire DECADE of waiting, Atari announces the sequel to RCT3, Roller Coaster Tycoon World. Then Frontier announces Coaster Park Tycoon to compete with RCTW. So it seems that TPS isn't the only new coastersim that's coming out and I personally believe that Atari severely delayed RCTW to make it more realistic and life-like for the sole purpose of competing with TPS, because if you looked at those preview screens in the RCTW topic, there was no way in HELL that could stand a chance against TPS or No Limits 2.

The Devs of TPS continue their hard work every day and with still listening to the community! Many many community-related things are put in the last update...

Honestly, this whole thing sounds like a press release. If you're really a "normal" player like you say you are, stop just going down the phase features and repeating "it's so easy" and actually show us WHY you think it's so easy to use.

Theme Park Studio will NOT be easy for everyone - much like Sketchup, an application that most 3D artists get their start in, is not easy for everyone either.

I refuse to be a part of Early Access for Theme Park Studio because when I backed them initially I was promised a full retail release over a year ago, WITHOUT having to deal with the middleman that is Steam. I'm not going to touch it until it's fully finished, because I have more important things to worry about at this point in my career. Also, for the record, I AM butthurt about it.

Also, I call shenanigans on this line here -

...not only is it easier to use, but more powerful, too.

I'd like you to tell me with a straight face that Theme Park Studio is more powerful than NoLimits 2. They may be on close levels to each other overall, fine, but nothing comes close to the accuracy, real-world usage and presentation capabilities of NoLimits 2. I'm coming to you as a person who uses NoLimits 2 in conjunction with other applications to create believable 3D scenes of attractions and parks, and what I have seen of Theme Park Studio doesn't even begin to match the stuff that I can make myself with NoLimits 2's assistance.

I do want to just set a few things straight here -

TPS has been in development a while because indie games take a long time to develop and when you're a very small team with a family, things can sometimes take longer than you expected. That being said, I think TPS has done a VERY good job of keeping the community informed with lots of updates and releases over the course of the development process.

I'm not exactly sure why anyone would be upset over the use of Steam. It makes zero sense to me. It's a way to get more exposure for the product and help with the delivery platform of the game. Why this is even a concern is beyond me.

For those who continue to compare the game to NL I have said from the beginning that I feel the two are VERY different and while there is obvious overlap, I'm not sure they really compete and would have different audiences.

I'd like our forum to support BOTH No Limits and Theme Park Studio and if there is one person that prefers one of the products over the other, that's fine. No need for disparaging comments back and forth to each other.

For over a decade we have seen a lack of products in the theme park/roller coaster sim market, it's been a dry barren desert with not much to choose from. Now there are several products out there and on the horizon. Embrace this. This is by far a better scenario than the past decade.

In short, please be supportive of the developments going on in this genre. The last thing we want is for this genre to dry up again. Thank you.

There has got to be an undo button for this program. I couldn't figure it out the other day when I was messing around with the coaster editor.

From the latest update on the facebook page:

Undo

Finally, we have been working hard to implement community requests while developing the phases. In this update we are starting to roll out Undo. In this next phase you can Undo coaster rail transformation and deletion. We will continue to work hard to fulfill backer requests over the next phases.

We look forward to moving on to phase 8 and appreciate our backers working with us during Early Access.

Thank you!! I'm not on Facebook so I wouldn't have seen this!

• 3 weeks later...

Phase 7 went live this morning, here's the full announcement: steamcommunity.com/games/254590/announcements/detail/204128231993857453

Here's a coaster I made to showcase a few of the new particle effects, as well as the new partly-cloudy night environment. The new lighting is incredible, and the particle editor is excellent- easy to use and very flexible.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I'm most excited over the performance enhancements. These were just touched on in the announcement, but it makes a huge difference. My biggest parks running ~10 FPS are running smoothly again, really happy with the new improvements.