TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

I think this ride probably won't be open until April or May because announcing a ride and then opening it a few weeks/days later just doesn't sound like something a park like this would do, but hopefully they'll prove me wrong.

^BGW likes to open rides on Memorial Day weekend. The track circuit is finished, but I don't think they've finished the station, and I don't know if they've even started testing the ride yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this on Screamscape. It apparently seems that the new coaster could possibly have restraint belts that go over the shoulders. Not sure why that's needed though, unless there's a brand new type of restraint system being used. Also, you can see the word "Tempesto" in the background, so if this concept art is legitimate, I'm locking Tempesto as my guess for the name.

2015 - New Roller Coaster / TEMPESTO or DIAVOLO - Under Construction - (2/20/15) A piece of leaked concept art for the new, and still unannounced, Tempesto coaster at Busch Gardens Williamsburg was posted to the ParkFans forum the other day. I don't know if this is a final or near-final piece of artwork, but the train style is interesting as the normally flat fronted Premier Rides train is shown with a decorative nose-cone. Even more interesting is the fact that they have added a pair of restraint belts going from the lap bar up and over each rider's shoulders. This makes me wonder if we will see a modified restraint system put to use here instead of using the standard lap bar only system.

Tempesto-blog.thumb.jpg.23f9f2a6024e3b6e2e310dd1e345d015.jpg

Saw this on Screamscape. It apparently seems that the new coaster could possibly have restraint belts that go over the shoulders. Not sure why that's needed though, unless there's a brand new type of restraint system being used. Also, you can see the word "Tempesto" in the background, so if this concept art is legitimate, I'm locking Tempesto as my guess for the name.
2015 - New Roller Coaster / TEMPESTO or DIAVOLO - Under Construction - (2/20/15) A piece of leaked concept art for the new, and still unannounced, Tempesto coaster at Busch Gardens Williamsburg was posted to the ParkFans forum the other day. I don't know if this is a final or near-final piece of artwork, but the train style is interesting as the normally flat fronted Premier Rides train is shown with a decorative nose-cone. Even more interesting is the fact that they have added a pair of restraint belts going from the lap bar up and over each rider's shoulders. This makes me wonder if we will see a modified restraint system put to use here instead of using the standard lap bar only system.

I dunno, it's just concept art. After Six Flags adding all the seat belts I could imagine a new style restraint being offered, but I could also imagine the artist just went with it. It's not as though this is an accurate picture of the ride.

I must say though, I'm digging that skull in the clouds. If we can have that for the actual ride it's be pretty awesome.

Now that I look at it more maybe it's a helmet. I'd rather it be a skull. Let's go with skull.

^I wouldn't be the first time a Busch park has used different names for a new attraction to throw people off. Remember the "Cheetaka v. Cheetah Hunt" stuff at Tampa? Some of the ride's concept art even said "Cheetaka."

That being said, I think "Tempesto" is the likely choice.

Oh no, they do not dare... Do they?

Very accurate... Intamin harnesses (Raptor, Gardaland).

Weird rails and weird train for a Mack coaster (Manta, Sea World San Diego).

And the list goes on. Though as similar models has been build, they could have used those for reference...

Looks like Tempesto at Busch Gardens Williamsburg was announced today on the SeaWorld earnings call. Here's from the transcript of the call. There was a typo in the transcript, but the audio says "Tempesto"

157156100_ScreenShot2015-02-26at14_37_31.jpg.86eca99da4486aae90c32fa537f6ae4b.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

I really do not understand BGW's Angle with this ride. Are they going to make this a surprise announcement on opening date? Or are they not doing any marketing whatsoever? (perhaps because of the ride's low capacity)

I guess we will have to see and wait. All about this ride seems really odd.