TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Namtab trains also only have seven rows on each car versus the normal eight in order for it to function properly with the ride mechanics. One more reason why you couldn't run two trains facing different directions.

Is there a way to run one train forwards and one backwards?

would make the loading of the ride a huge cluster f*ck. the park would never do that

It would be great if they could though, because im not to sure about this whole backwards thing.

It's not even confirmed that they're going to run it backwards, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Is there a way to run one train forwards and one backwards?

would make the loading of the ride a huge cluster f*ck. the park would never do that

It would be great if they could though, because im not to sure about this whole backwards thing.

Then just wait until they turn it forwards again. It's as simple as that.

Just saw this on Six Flags' YouTube channel. Apparently, the name of the park's new Super Loop has been changed from Looping Dragon to El Diablo Loop Coaster . Not sure why they're doing that, especially now, but I guess El Diablo is a better name than Looping Dragon.

Ugh, I really hope this isn't going in Plaza Del Carnival now, but it's Six Flags so with this name change that's almost guaranteed. :/

I bet they use the still-existing switchbacks for Rolling Thunder and just put it where the RT station used to be.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VAuOt2WL8aA/VJilILWnF9I/AAAAAAAAHo0/YN0bMiORL74/s1600/009.jpg

Photo from Flyin Phil's website.

Actually it looks like we have a press release that backs up exactly what you're suggesting...

From Great Adventure History

The Devil Is in the Details at Six Flags

Great Adventure Announces New Theme, Location for 2015 Looping Coaster

Jackson, NJ – January 14, 2015 – The devil is in the details for Six Flags Great Adventure's new looping coaster, set to open this spring. Originally announced in the fall of 2014 as "Looping Dragon," with an Asian-inspired moniker and location in the Golden Kingdom section, the park's 13th coaster was re-imagined by park management who opted for a more “devilish” theme – El Diablo.

"The Jersey devil has deep roots in our state's history, and inspired the new theme for our upcoming thrill ride," said Park President John Fitzgerald.

The giant, fiery red El Diablo looping coaster will make its home next to the world's top-rated wooden coaster, El Toro, in the Mexican-themed Plaza del Carnaval section. It features riders sitting in “face-off” seats rocketing forward and backward pendulum style until the train gains enough momentum to complete a full revolution seven stories in the air. The coaster then kicks into high gear, completing full revolutions until it stops momentarily with riders suspended upside down, and then reverses direction for even more thrills.

"El Diablo is the perfect addition to Plaza del Carnaval, as it appeals to both thrill seekers and families alike. Rides like El Toro and Tango attract a wide audience to this area, which also provides ample opportunities for dining, shopping and relaxation from the excitement of the world’s largest theme park," Fitzgerald added.

El Diablo is set to open this spring, and will have a 48-inch height requirement to ride.

For more information on Six Flags Great Adventure and El Diablo, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

#

The link from the official site is gone but a quick search for "The Devil Is in the Details at Six Flags" confirms that this came right from the official park website. So it sounds like it will go in Plaza Del Carnival, and I'm sure it's going exactly where Boldikus is saying. Personally I prefer this location to the old one.

Well, at least now we know where that "Jersey Devil" coaster rumour got its legs from. Guess it's safe to assume that we aren't getting the path from Golden Kingdom to Plaza del Carnival now.

Oh, and it still isn't a coaster.

Well, at least now we know where that "Jersey Devil" coaster rumour got its legs from. Guess it's safe to assume that we aren't getting the path from Golden Kingdom to Plaza del Carnival now.

If they would just lose the Golden Kingdom theming in the former "Frontier Adventures" area this wouldn't bother me but it's just so stupid that there are 2 parts of Golden Kingdom that aren't anywhere near each other. The Old Country thing is totally closed off and doesn't bother me at all but this drives me insane. It's not important, the park will never fix it and financially there's no reason to do so but that doesn't make it any less stupid.

I'm less annoyed by the 'coaster' label at this point but think its hilarious that they keep advertising it as "giant" and "massive". I know its a marketing necessity but at 70 feet tall its still going to be much smaller than both of El Toro's first two camelbacks not to mention the first drop and it's going to be completely dwarfed by KK/Z:DOD sitting behind it. Bottom line its going to look tiny sitting in that area.

I actually prefer this over the Golden Kingdom. I prefer this name, and I think the potential colorful light package will be a better fit for the colorful Plaza del Carnival. I'd be disappointed if this means that no path will be re-established between Kingda Ka and El Toro, though.

It definitely still isn't a coaster.

On the park's Instagram account, they state the ride will be located next to El Toro. If Rolling Thunder's old queue is still there, I think it's safe to say it will be the queue for El Diablo.

^ ^ ^ It is still there. You can see it in the pic I posted top of last page. (click the link above photo to enlarge/zoom). Id predict the ride will go exactly where the old RT station used to be.

SF: "Why spend money on a new queue if we don't have to?"

Edit - I'm no Picasso - but here's where I'm thinking its probably going.

DRAGON.jpg.d2bd775dbe22dde4563366a3b07de5d1.jpg