TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

^Well, when it comes to straight drops not really but I haven't experience a pre-dropless swooping drop like banshee's so I can't talk about that.

It's interesting how most of the GP thinks that the pre drops are there to trick you but I guess they really do that for most people.

I don't think a structure like fury 325's lift would look good with a pre drop though.

Being a B&M fan, the thing that upsets me the most is (take a guess) how my favourite coasters they made are all fairly old given the age of the company, but I guess there are already enough discussions about that.

I don't think a structure like fury 325's lift would look good with a pre drop though.

You're right, Fury 325 would look ugly with a pre-drop. But note, B&M's don't always have to have a pre-drop to look cool. I think it feels like a little extra spice before the first drop.

Since this construction is going along a lot faster than I thought it would, I guess we probably don't have to worry about it not being ready for Opening Day unless something happens between now and then.

I don't think Fury 325 will be as good as the Intamin gigas (MF, i305), but it will still be awesome, and could quite possibly become a Top 10 ride.

^Like I said, I haven't tried a swooping without one but I like the ones which do have one are nice as you get to pick up some speed. The first one that pops into my mind is Talon's as (in the back) you do get whipped to the left as the track starts twisting (more than other inverts I've ridden).

Now that we have a little closer of a view of the underside of the track, this look looks amazing, and really will add some nice color to the front of the park!

They are FLYING, but we knew that would happen with the low to the ground sections... the turn around should take a few days though I think...

I have really enjoyed the no pre-drop rides especially Banshee. The back row for that first hill is pretty crazy, really took me off guard the first time I rode it.

Fury looks great! I really love these live camera feeds, these parks spoil us now-a-days.

Wow. Thanks Robb. It's looking fantastic. Maggiekat and I have begun making our coaster plans for next year. Definitely will be making a trip to Charlotte. Haven't been to Carowinds since we lived out near there in 2004. Maggiekats first upside down ride was the enterprise ride there at the park when she was 2 years old. It was one of the few rides (in 2004) that didn't have a min. Height requirement if you were with an adult (like their log ride).