TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lagoon Discussion Thread

Look up kinematic equations, if you know the speed and angle to the entry to the section it should be easy. Of course, not knowing the resisting force of the fins on the approach, there's no way to calculate the speed going into it.

Also, positives kick in as soon as it reaches the inflection point (before it reaches 90 degrees on the pull-out).

Doesn't the negative G force between the inflection point and 90 degrees point balance the positive G force? That's the point of having a parabolic shaped "Zero G section" I guess.

In theory yes. But remember that even if they do that the positive Gs will have to start before the 90 degrees part as "in theory" (and with no drag) an object falling (with initial horizontal speed) will never fall vertically, which is why a vertical drop will always have to have some air, even if it's not a lot.

I'm confused, what's with the off center garage door at the top? Kind of hard to park that high up off the ground...

It's for access to the elevator system for maintenance.

So I took some photos on Thursday outside of Lagoon when they were installing a piece of track, although I didn't realize it until I looked back at the photos so I only got photos of them installing the piece. Here are some of the photos from that day.

NOTE: I have an old, busted camera that has the black dots inside the lens and shows up in every picture. Sorry for the nuisance.

1128161714_cannibal_ignore_video_004-Copy.thumb.jpg.b984c3864aa359b8cb6f40431b476ea8.jpg

Here is Cannibal from afar!

944120144_cannibal_ignore_video_005-Copy.thumb.jpg.19135ecaeafbf5ecad98f032e208cb86.jpg

Wicked sure does look like a jealous middle-child, but the skyline definitely looks amazing from here!

232906516_cannibal_ignore_video_006-Copy.thumb.jpg.9f2a82ca8acfe43a57a83c5560341537.jpg

Here is where you see the track piece in the air being put into place.

1576786449_cannibal_ignore_video_008-Copy.thumb.jpg.59e426b9a50993068d82405c71d260a8.jpg

Something not mentioned here much, but Roller Coaster is currently going through a complete rebuild that has been going on for years now. This off-season, the lift is getting the love!

995507951_cannibal_ignore_video_012-Copy.thumb.jpg.a663bc5f7f2ffd4dcf499e500d5d89ff.jpg

Track piece is installed!

2062862941_cannibal_ignore_video_019-Copy.thumb.jpg.5f107e2041d36d9435a1fc55b398a610.jpg

Directly looking at the drop in front.

1818917577_cannibal_ignore_video_022-Copy.thumb.jpg.1b4c2ae546d4f3e61f9e42f94670ef6e.jpg

So many cranes are on site for this ride.

cannibal_ignore_video_024.thumb.jpg.eb1202ffb8137656d684520f612ce200.jpg

Reason is because of how great the weather is for a Utah December. It almost reached 60 degrees this day, with no sign of getting colder.

cannibal_ignore_video_028.thumb.jpg.e1ec59d9c61eea55e9d4d3fe1fa8a320.jpg

The ride looks great from it's right side.

cannibal_ignore_video_041.thumb.jpg.a2085f97d3d8cc336383d51d46d2843c.jpg

However, the dots really do ruin some great photos.

cannibal_ignore_video_042.thumb.jpg.43cae98c7336b7d13ea6effe7e191fc4.jpg

The completely right side of Cannibal is breathtaking with that drop!

cannibal_ignore_video_045.thumb.jpg.570f8cb699109c72db57c5d413582162.jpg

Here is some twisty track laying in the field. There's actually a lot of track and supports laying all around in the overflow parking lot.

cannibal_ignore_video_049.thumb.jpg.75f33da5983257dc9a6d5ca3b0bb0817.jpg

I felt so naughty taking a picture of Cannibal's back side. :oops:

cannibal_ignore_video_050.thumb.jpg.9e590a56f4de5cbe2a14d9a202888b2c.jpg

Something not seen or known too well, but the Lagoon Trail that borders the south and east side of Lagoon gets VERY close to Rattlesnake Rapids. This shows the ride down for the year. Figured it would be a cool photo to share.

cannibal_ignore_video_052.thumb.jpg.b17aa860e9aa914af19b85c21885de3f.jpg

To end these construction photos, here is a complete left-side silhouette of Cannibal's drop. Thanks for viewing!

^Great photos, thank you for sharing them. Maybe it's my interest in ride theming talking, but I'm especially interested about the themed possible head-chopper tunnel at the bottom of that ridiculous drop! It looks like it was modeled in NL, but in a very good way! What is the ride supposed to be themed to, exactly?

^Great photos, thank you for sharing them. Maybe it's my interest in ride theming talking, but I'm especially interested about the themed possible head-chopper tunnel at the bottom of that ridiculous drop! It looks like it was modeled in NL, but in a very good way! What is the ride supposed to be themed to, exactly?
From what it seems like, a loosly themed African/Tribal theme. I don't think it will be completely known until opening. I just know it will contain the two temples with the elephant and rhino, and have 3 old lion statues from Utah's state capitol.

How long is this coaster going to be? Is there a complete track layout picture anywhere? From what I saw in the animated picture, it seems awfully short.

I don't think it's that short. It's comparable to any G-fighter or Wicked. Keep in mind that the concept art didn't show all the track, or most of the theming elements. There's still a few surprises in store from this coaster.

This is now easily the new ride I'm most excited about in 2015. I'm putting it on my schedule for 2016.

I can't wait to make the drive back up to SLC next summer. My first visit to Lagoon this past July was fantastic and the park went completely above and beyond my expectations! Cannibal looks like it's gonna be well worth the 6 hour drive.

So, I'm sitting here thinking, "Should I skip Carowinds, Holiday World, Kentucky Kingdom, and Legoland FL. Use all my money for those parks and just get a plane ticket and fly to Utah so I can visit Lagoon Park for the first time, and ride this "one of a kind" Cannibal coaster?" Decisions. . .Decisions. . .Decisions

I've kind of skimmed through. Has anyone speculated on what the un-revealed element to this coaster is? I'm thinking that enclosed elevator lift could take you up to the top, then free-fall all the way back down before shooting you back to the top to do the ride. Kind of Tower of Terror meets a Eurofighter extreme. My 2 cents for the day. Something is going to happen in that massive enclosed lift structure. Otherwise, why enclose it?

I've kind of skimmed through. Has anyone speculated on what the un-revealed element to this coaster is? I'm thinking that enclosed elevator lift could take you up to the top, then free-fall all the way back down before shooting you back to the top to do the ride. Kind of Tower of Terror meets a Eurofighter extreme. My 2 cents for the day. Something is going to happen in that massive enclosed lift structure. Otherwise, why enclose it?
I have been hoping for the same. I would love for there to be a giant indoor freefall element. However, I highly doubt that is going to happen. But... If it does, I am booking a flight to Utah.