TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

What a great addition. I was very impressed with both Fun Spot parks on our trip to Orlando earlier this year and will make it a point to visit whenever we're in Orlando. It's a nice break from the major theme parks and they always run the best programs possible on their rides. Kudos to them!

Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full . . . these are the type of attractions that could benefit Fun Spot Action Park. Screaming Swings, Lasers, and Gators oh my!

But I do wonder what type of attraction Screaming Swings would be. I know two types of Screaming Swings: the type that are included in your park admission and the type that is an upcharge attraction. I do know the large ones that can hold forty riders at once are usually included in your park admission and the smaller versions, the ones that hold up to eight riders, are the upcharge versions. The video showcased the smaller Screaming Swings, so will this be an upcharge attraction or not?

Too bad they aren't doing a dark ride next season. Oh well, maybe next time.

Well, admission at Fun Spot is free so technically everything is an upcharge.

OMG OMG, screaming swings are finally here ! My favorite flat ! I have been waiting for FSO to get this put up and running ever since I saw it sitting across the street in pieces waiting to be put in its new home. FYI, the one at Kissimee is included with your POP armband, so I would imagine it will be the same in Orlando.

Well, thanks to everyone for their information concerning the Screaming Swings. I have learned three things: admission to Fun Spot Action Park is free ( just like Knoebels and Morey's Piers), you need to purchase a wristband to ride the rides ( also like Knoebels and Morey's Piers), and the Screaming Swings is included with the wristband ( Knoebels doesn't have one, but Morey's Piers does, but it's an upcharge attraction).

I know everyone will be raving about Screaming Swings, but could anyone else begin a topic with the other two attractions: Laser and Gators?

WHITE LIGHTING!- Can you survive its strike?

I was at Fun Spot on Monday and I have to say it was a nice little park. I had about half the day to kill between cheking out of my convention centre hotel and into my cheaper, closer to Universal Studios hotel. I have to say I really liked this little park! I walked around and had a look at everything before getting my ride on White Lightening. I loved White Lightning! It was so much for for such a small coaster. It had so much speed! I would have ridden the junior hang-and-bang, but I didn't feel like spending another 9$ on a ride when I don't really count credits. It looked great though. The go-kart tracks were awesome. I have never really been into go-karting, but these ones made me consider riding.

This little park reminded me of my home park Playland in Vancouver, very carnival-ish just a bit smaller in size. If I'm ever in Orlando again, I would love to check out the Screamin' Swing

• 1 month later...

It's a solid color. It's usually emerald green (since they bought it from the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas) but for October they installed pink lights for breast cancer awareness.

The green actually looks SPECTACULAR from a distance! I haven't seen the pink at night yet.

It's a solid color. It's usually emerald green (since they bought it from the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas) but for October they installed pink lights for breast cancer awareness.

That's a nice touch.

Christmas week in Orlando will always be busier than a non-holiday week, but Fun Spot doesn't ever seem overly packed when I've been there, so you could get lucky. That being said, the park hasn't completed its first year with the expansion, so past precedent may not be applicable when predicting crowds now that there is significantly more to the park than there was last Christmas.

• 3 weeks later...

Oooh, awesome for them! Wonder if there's any chance it will be up and running before I'm there in a couple weeks? Seems a lot to hope for, but I don't know how long it would take them to get a flat like that put together and tested.

Orlando locals!

Need riders Monday at noon to film Fun Spot Orlando's new Air Raid ride! If you can make it, please email me at robbalvey@themeparkreview.com with the details below - We will film for about two hours. We need as many riders as we can get, but if you happen to know any younger, good looking riders (basically anyone that doesn't look like me!), please have them email me!

Remember this footage could very well end up in their TV commercials and print materials!

email robbalvey@themeparkreview.com with your:

- Name

- Email Address

- Phone Number

- Please include a picture of yourself if you have one!

Thank you!

1st off, thanx to Robb and his beautiful wife, the dominatrix Ms. A. (those boots were rockin! ) heh heh. The filming of the new Air Race was a lot of fun. I never realized how different each spin on this ride could be so different. It really is affected by weight and weight distribution. I did fine for the first 4 rides and then for the fifth my partner and I switched cars and positions. All I can say is that ride #5 in a row sorta did me in. We felt as if we were on a pinwheel. Great fun but , Oh boy did I need a break! After the shoot on Air Race, all of us got a few bonus rides on Freedom Flyer. Great fun this ride is. After the shoot, my partner and I grabbed a bite to eat there and a few adult bevs. . Love the fries. they are really good. Then we grabbed a few rides on the go carts, tilt a whirl, Rip Curl , a couple spins on Enterprise and , yes, Air Race again. (tummy finally settled down enough to ride it again.) Sadly White Lightning was down, but gladly, It was for some new wood being added. In fact we saw lots of painting and sprucing up going on all over. So nice to see them taking care of the park. Only one pic , but I do love the look of this ride, great addition to the park !

DSCN2586.thumb.JPG.d9b6e99a2e27a0e8cf4b3455805465b9.JPG

Beautiful !