TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Can probably guess it'll be a Flying Scooters at a minimum. Would make some of the locals happy too since they lost their Flying Eagles under Paramount cause they thought it'd be better to ship them to a different park rather than reinstalling them.

They already have a Disk-O, Surf Dog. It was installed under Paramount and was basically the reason why Cedar Fair decided to add more to the chain since it's a great family friendly ride.

It'll be the return of Shake Rattle & Roll, and probably a new Flying Eagles. I'd like to see a freshening up of Coney Mall (new paint, new LED lights etc.), and I'd REALLY like to see a repaint of Racer to its original red, white, and blue color scheme. They'll probably announce a new show or two as well.

It'll be the return of Shake Rattle & Roll, and probably a new Flying Eagles. I'd like to see a freshening up of Coney Mall (new paint, new LED lights etc.), and I'd REALLY like to see a repaint of Racer to its original red, white, and blue color scheme. They'll probably announce a new show or two as well.

If they announce a new show, I hope it's Lumonsity at CP. It can keep guests longer at the park, and it's an AWESOME show (probably the best Cedar Fair show).

I'm on my phone so I'll keep this short. There are going to be a lot of little additions next year. The only ones that may interest you guys are Woodstock Gliders in Planet Snoopy. Shake, Rattle and Roll is returning with a new light package. One of the biggest Starbucks in the area will be replacing the Thrill Seekers store on International Street. A yogurt shop will be replacing the current Starbucks. That's it from me and I'm sure they will have a press release soon with the other additions.

From: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/what-s-new/a-bigger-planet-snoopy-in-2015-

Kings Island adding two rides and other improvements for 2015!

Two new family rides, the largest Starbucks store in the Tri-State, and other improvements are all part of Kings Island’s plan for next summer.

The first of the new rides is Woodstock Gliders, a classic flying scooters ride from Larson International. The ride features eight two-person planes that glide 28 feet above the ground. As the planes begin to rotate, they will fan out over a large area. Each plane has a stationary rear wing and a moveable front wing which allows the guest to control the flight and alter their ride experience from mild to wild.

Woodstock Gliders is similar to the Flying Eagles, a popular former Kings Island ride that entertained more than 12 million guests during its 32 years of operation from 1972 to 2004.

The second new ride is Snoopy’s Space Buggies from Zamperla, an attraction designed for children of all ages to enjoy with their parents or grandparents. Six four-seat vehicles will bounce up and down while rotating in a circle.

The new rides will be located next to each other in the 14-time, award-winning Planet Snoopy kids’ area of the park.

Starbucks will be relocated from its current location at the end of International Street to the opposite side near the front gate and expanded to 3,650 square feet, making it one of the largest Starbucks stores in the Midwest. The seating capacity of 219 will include a spacious outdoor patio that will offer a great view of the 600,000-gallon Royal Fountain and Eiffel Tower.

The International Street Fudge and Candy Shop will be renamed Sweet Spot and undergo an extensive interior and exterior redesign with new product offerings and the opportunity for guests to experience watching fudge and candy being made through large glass windows.

A new yogurt store, Yogurt Plus, will be located on International Street in the current Starbucks location, offering 18 different flavors and an endless combination of toppings including fresh cut fruits, candy, cereal, nuts, granola, and syrups.

Other International Street renovations include the Funnel Cake stand, which will allow guests to see the toppings that are available to top their fresh-fried funnel cake. Toppings will include warm blueberry and apple toppings, fresh strawberry glaze topping, and hand-scooped ice cream.

Other changes coming to the park, as well, as part of the 2015 plan include an expanded Coca-Cola Marketplace with a deeper selection of healthy food options, Coca-Cola Freestyle Café, and upgrades to the Picnic Grove area with a new entrance, improved landscaping around each of the pavilions and remodeled restroom facilities.

This I loved the most...

From: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/what-s-new/a-bigger-planet-snoopy-in-2015-

Starbucks will be relocated from its current location at the end of International Street to the opposite side near the front gate and expanded to 3,650 square feet, making it one of the largest Starbucks stores in the Midwest. The seating capacity of 219 will include a spacious outdoor patio that will offer a great view of the 600,000-gallon Royal Fountain and Eiffel Tower.

Putting aside my love of coffee and Starbucks, this totally counts as theming and I love that they're aware of this. I'm sure it's minor to most of you, but a little bit of thought going into the implementation of things relative to what's already there (ESPECIALLY coming from a corporate-chain owned park) goes a long way. Props to you, Kings Island.

Also love that they're paying attention to things other than getting big new rides for 2015. It's part of what makes a park worth coming back to!

Excellent additions considering it's coming after Banshee. Wonder where the two new rides will be located in Planet Snoopy.

Smartest move is relocating Starbucks to closer to the front gate. I wonder if the location is at the corner where Skyline Chili currently is. It makes sense since they corral the guests there in the morning so while they wait for the ropes to drop they can at least get a coffee or muffin there.

Thanks for the clarification. As much as it's nice to see some new flats being added to the park I would have thought the Flying Scooters could have been placed somewhere else. There is a nice open spot between the International Showplace and Diamondback's brake run that is plenty big enough for a new flat ride.

Yes, Splash Dance is out. The Planet Snoopy Theater is also gone in favor of a petting zoo.

Thrill Seekers store and the 80's store are both gone in favor of the new Starbucks.

No construction or markings in the park today.

Don says "snapping" WILL be allowed on the Flyers. Wish Cedar point allowed that (if you try to snap, they shut down the ride.)

And also, Shake Rattle and Roll is returning with a new foundation, new paint, LED lights and a whole new rebuilt mechanical system after having a main bearing failure earlier this summer.

Other than those, tons of renovations and upgrades all over the place, including updating and replacing the stones in the picnic grove.

661842817_ScreenShot2014-11-01at11_54_30PM.thumb.png.677d1c7365d3de905dc64df9472689c7.png

On your left will be the Space buggies, then the Flyers on your right

A family ride and a kiddie ride (along with other general improvements) should be a nice addition after Banshee this year. Kings Island already has one of the best flat ride collections I know of and their kids' area was outstanding, but these new rides should make it even better.

Don says "snapping" WILL be allowed on the Flyers. Wish Cedar point allowed that (if you try to snap, they shut down the ride.)

Maybe it is just me, but I feel that I have snapped really good at cedar point, but never had it shut down on me. I may just need to snap better!;)