Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 422: Stinger being removed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:26 pm

ImNotOneOfYou wrote:I was at Dorney Park yesterday. Near Steel Force there was somebody dressed up as a zombie that casually walked with me for a minute. I saw a zombie eat chips for the first time

:nina:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:46 am

New for 2015: The Cedar Creek Flyers

Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom, the center of summer fun and family entertainment in the Lehigh Valley, will be adding a new family ride, barbeque dining experience and All Season Dining program for season passholders as part of its plan for the 2015 season.

The Cedar Creek Flyers will be added to the lower section of the park across from Stinger. This unique experience is an updated version of a classic thrill ride. Riders will sit in one of eight “eagles” suspended from arms 28 feet in the air. As the ride spins, the eagles will swing outward – and riders have the unique opportunity to control their flight experience from mild to wild!

... Dorney. I would like to sincerely apologize in advance for what we're going to do to those cables.

Postby boldikus » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:02 pm

^^ Thats exciting, another reason to go back next year! Wondering if they are going put these on that circular concrete pad everyone thought the Windseeker was supposed to go, its right there.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Rai Fox » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:13 pm

Given that Dorney generally seems to run their flats fairly well, Flyers there might be a lot of fun. Not a bad addition!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby GwaziBSRider1 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:38 pm

I know a lot of people complain that they're being added all over the place, but they're fun rides and this will work wonderfully at Dorney. That part of the park really needed a new family ride, too.

Postby coasterbill » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:43 pm

I love that these rides are making a comeback. Sure these models aren't as good as the ones at Carowinds and Kings Dominion and they don't even belong in the same discussion as the ones from Knoebels but you can still snap them. We did at Cedar Point and Six Flags America. Any flyer that can be snapped is a fun ride.

Postby boldikus » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:12 pm

Ive ridden the ones @ Hershey and SFA and loved both of them. Moreys in Wildwood is also getting them for 2015, which is basically perfect for them (and me!)

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:15 pm

Now I guess we can be quiet about that circular area being used for a Windseeker. I do kind of hope that it will bring in more foot traffic down into that area of the park.

They are also adding a barbecue place as well, which is much needed as the variety on what to eat was kind of small.

Not a bad choice of additions for next year.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:16 pm

Great addition for Dorney! Nice to see they're finally getting some love. With the park mentioning "across from stinger", I guess they aren't giving up on it.
Yankee Cannonball <3

Postby coasterbill » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:40 pm

Ccron10 wrote:Now I guess we can be quiet about that circular area being used for a Windseeker.

Unfortunately you're absolutely right. I was really hoping for a Windseeker but this will be a great addition too.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!