TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg Discussion Thread

Been touring Scandinavia with my parents for the last week and a half and in 2 days, I'll be lucky enough to spend a day at Liseberg which I'm super excited for! I visited Grona Lund today and was planning on having Insane be my 100th coaster credit but as we all know, that coaster isn't running right now after the unfortunate accident on the other zacspin.

With that being said, I get to have my 100th coaster credit be either Balder or Helix which is pretty amazing but right now I can't decide. I'm gonna be getting to the park on Sunday right when it opens so which one would make sense to go to first? I have a feeling everyone will say Helix since it's brand new and will have longer lines during the day but I just want to ask out of curiosity.

With that being said, I get to have my 100th coaster credit be either Balder or Helix which is pretty amazing but right now I can't decide.

If you can't choose between Balder and Helix simply toss a coin, they are both awesome coasters!

But if I were you I would actually make Lisebergbanan the 100th credit, it's such a great ride.

^^ I'd get there right at park opening and head to Helix. We were there on a Sunday and the entire crowd went to Helix in the morning. Helix had a long line most of the day, while Balder was less than 20 minutes each time I did it.

@_koppen I have no doubt that it's an awesome coaster and am totally looking forward to riding it but for my 100th coaster, I have my mind set on Helix or Balder.

@Barge84 A 20 minute wait all day for Balder sounds fantastic, I hope I'm that lucky when I go there this Sunday. And yea, I'm leaning more towards Helix now since beating the lines for an insta-ride in the morning sounds really tempting. Thanks!

@_koppen I have no doubt that it's an awesome coaster and am totally looking forward to riding it but for my 100th coaster, I have my mind set on Helix or Balder.

@Barge84 A 20 minute wait all day for Balder sounds fantastic, I hope I'm that lucky when I go there this Sunday. And yea, I'm leaning more towards Helix now since beating the lines for an insta-ride in the morning sounds really tempting. Thanks!

No problem. I'd also suggest waiting for the front seat. Best seat on Helix, in my opinion. Balder was a better back seat ride (there aren't any bad seats, though).

Been touring Scandinavia with my parents for the last week and a half and in 2 days, I'll be lucky enough to spend a day at Liseberg which I'm super excited for! I visited Grona Lund today and was planning on having Insane be my 100th coaster credit but as we all know, that coaster isn't running right now after the unfortunate accident on the other zacspin.

With that being said, I get to have my 100th coaster credit be either Balder or Helix which is pretty amazing but right now I can't decide. I'm gonna be getting to the park on Sunday right when it opens so which one would make sense to go to first? I have a feeling everyone will say Helix since it's brand new and will have longer lines during the day but I just want to ask out of curiosity.

Make sure to buy your tickets online in advance. This will give you 3 express pass to use on 3 unique attractions (should do Helix, Balder and one of ur choice).

No problem. I'd also suggest waiting for the front seat. Best seat on Helix, in my opinion. Balder was a better back seat ride (there aren't any bad seats, though).

I'm gonna do my best to get a back and front seat ride on both of them. Balder in the back = massive I bet which is always great.

Make sure to buy your tickets online in advance. This will give you 3 express pass to use on 3 unique attractions (should do Helix, Balder and one of ur choice).

Oh, nice! Is the express pass a skip the line pass pretty much?

I would say the front seat definitely has the best views, (sorry thad) i think the back car has the best ride especially prelaunch. Honestly ride helix as much as possible.

^Well the middle seats definitely gave plenty of consecutive rides during ERT. I think I rode Balder for about half an hour without having to get out of my seat once!

And sorry Thad but you're wrong. The back row is definitely the best seat on Helix.

Oh, nice! Is the express pass a skip the line pass pretty much?

Yes, thats what they are. They are not for sale, only a benefit if you buy tickets online some day before your visit.

I also say back row on Balder and front row on Helix.

Had an amazing day at Liseberg today' and got my 100th credit on Helix! I was there with my family from 11-5pm and then it started to rain so they wanted to leave. If it was up to me, we would've stayed till it closed! Anyway, here's a breakdown of the day and the rides I went on:

Helix x3

Balder x3

Lisebergbanan x2

Kanonen x1

Rabalder x1

Stampbanan x1

Atmosphere x1

Log flume x1

Uppswinget x1

Helix got better every time I rode it. I ended up liking the back the most especially for that initial drop out of the station, you just fly out of it! I'd put it in my top5 steel coasters I've been on, definitely met expectations.

I didn't really know what to expect for Balder but wow was it good. I think it's my favorite roller coaster I've ever been on. I would just laugh the whole time, it was so much fun and smooth as glass. If I got to stay till the park closed, I probably would've tried to get like 10 rides on it. My favorite seat was also the very back on this one too.

But yea, overall, awesome day and Liseberg is a wonderful park. I'll definitely go here again some day.

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you who know what the "Oculus Rift" virtual reality system is (If you don't, you should definitely look it up), someone put Helix into the program, as seen here in one of "Jacksepticeye"'s videos:

EDIT: Warning, the video is verbally explicit.

• 1 month later...

Just visited Liseberg for the first time yesterday and it lived up to expectations. Initially wasn't hugely impressed by either Helix or Balder when the park opened but there was a stupidly big difference in intensity once they'd warmed up in the evening.

Balder really makes you laugh hysterically, that first drop is incredible in the back which is where we sat nearly every time. Constant airtime pops, lacks the scale of El Toro but very much like Phoenix on steroids. Amazing!

Helix once running well was also incredible and I don't use praise much being a pessimistic Brit, after dark those airtime hills almost matched Skyrush in intensity, the launches are nothing special, there to slightly increase momentum really. First drop out of the station is best experienced in the back. This ride puts Blue Fire to shame, impressive Maverick like hairpin turns at certain points too. As everyone says, the POV doesn't do this coaster justice!

These were so good we're heading back on Sunday before our flight home to get some last minute rides in as i know it's going to be a while until I ride something that'll impress me as much.

• 3 weeks later...

The ride is going to be aimed at teenagers and be a thrilling ride according to Andreas.

There have been a rumor floating around for quite some time that this will be a new version of the Zierer Star Shape.

If it turns out to be true it's a really good decision as the park have been without an inverting flat ride for quite some time now.