Liseberg Discussion Thread

Pg 272: Valkyria Construction Tour
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Vagina Wreckage

Re: Liseberg Discussion Thread

Postby Barge84 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:49 pm

^No need to apologize for being wrong. :devil:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:10 pm

STOP! You're both wrong! :Pr

It's the MIDDLE of both, that packs the punch!

My five cents. :wink:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby azza29 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:12 pm

^Well the middle seats definitely gave plenty of consecutive rides during ERT. I think I rode Balder for about half an hour without having to get out of my seat once!

And sorry Thad but you're wrong. The back row is definitely the best seat on Helix. ;)

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Re: Sv: Liseberg Discussion Thread

Postby tooooobbe » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:54 am

TroyWD98 wrote:Oh, nice! Is the express pass a skip the line pass pretty much?

Yes, thats what they are. They are not for sale, only a benefit if you buy tickets online some day before your visit.

I also say back row on Balder and front row on Helix.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby TroyWD98 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:47 am

Had an amazing day at Liseberg today' and got my 100th credit on Helix! I was there with my family from 11-5pm and then it started to rain so they wanted to leave. If it was up to me, we would've stayed till it closed! Anyway, here's a breakdown of the day and the rides I went on:

Helix x3
Balder x3
Lisebergbanan x2
Kanonen x1
Rabalder x1
Stampbanan x1
Atmosphere x1
Log flume x1
Uppswinget x1

Helix got better every time I rode it. I ended up liking the back the most especially for that initial drop out of the station, you just fly out of it! I'd put it in my top5 steel coasters I've been on, definitely met expectations.

I didn't really know what to expect for Balder but wow was it good. I think it's my favorite roller coaster I've ever been on. I would just laugh the whole time, it was so much fun and smooth as glass. If I got to stay till the park closed, I probably would've tried to get like 10 rides on it. My favorite seat was also the very back on this one too.

But yea, overall, awesome day and Liseberg is a wonderful park. I'll definitely go here again some day. =)
TPR Events: WCB 2013, East Coast Tour 2014

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby IronWolfman » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:41 pm

For those of you who know what the "Oculus Rift" virtual reality system is (If you don't, you should definitely look it up), someone put Helix into the program, as seen here in one of "Jacksepticeye"'s videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h7OqePyeoo&list=UUYzPXprvl5Y-Sf0g4vX-m6g

EDIT: Warning, the video is verbally explicit.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby andybarnes84 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:14 am

Just visited Liseberg for the first time yesterday and it lived up to expectations. Initially wasn't hugely impressed by either Helix or Balder when the park opened but there was a stupidly big difference in intensity once they'd warmed up in the evening.

Balder really makes you laugh hysterically, that first drop is incredible in the back which is where we sat nearly every time. Constant airtime pops, lacks the scale of El Toro but very much like Phoenix on steroids. Amazing!

Helix once running well was also incredible and I don't use praise much being a pessimistic Brit, after dark those airtime hills almost matched Skyrush in intensity, the launches are nothing special, there to slightly increase momentum really. First drop out of the station is best experienced in the back. This ride puts Blue Fire to shame, impressive Maverick like hairpin turns at certain points too. As everyone says, the POV doesn't do this coaster justice!

These were so good we're heading back on Sunday before our flight home to get some last minute rides in as i know it's going to be a while until I ride something that'll impress me as much.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby per2012 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:06 am

Liseberg just uploaded a teaser for their new attraction for 2015.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=921863411176559

Last edited by per2012 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:39 am.

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:41 am

Wow! Very dramatic. the music is selling something epic. It would be awesome if it was a kiddie boat ride or something like that. :lol:

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby tooooobbe » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:47 am

The sign says "here are we buildning a new big attraction".

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!