Strongest/Most forcefull Launch

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Imhotep » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:16 pm

colincoon wrote:...and from what Ive heard, air launches...well just kind of suck!

You have heard wrong, my friend. =) I feel that air launches are the best! They are just loud as sin.

For a good example nearest you, head to Old Town and ride G Force.. 0-120 in 2 seconds. Should be able to compare that launch closely to dragsters.
I unfortunately haven't been on dragster yet myself to compare... But on a smaller scale, Ive been on both Hypersonic and Stormrunner. I was stunned by Hypersonic because I could barely feel the accelleration (actually it felt like there wasnt any at all), Where as Storm Runner I felt alot of the accelleration, it didnt pin me back in the seat instantly like Hypersonic.

Surf's Up

Postby HCOSurfer90 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:48 am

http://www.iaapa.org/modules/MediaNews/ ... s&iid=1050
^^Try reading that. It says the human being exerts more g-forces in every day life then on a roller coaster. Even plopping into your roller coaster seat results in a high number of g-forces (10.1).

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:28 am

15G can be done...but the riders should be tilted back about 30 degrees.
And stay in that position.

That's what a Gerstlauer designer told us once. (at presentation of the Typhoon Eurofighter at Bobbejaanland)

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby viking86 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:34 am

BDG wrote:15G can be done...but the riders should be tilted back about 30 degrees.
And stay in that position.

That's what a Gerstlauer designer told us once. (at presentation of the Typhoon Eurofighter at Bobbejaanland)

It can definately be done, but it would probably be very uncomfortable.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby ACEfanatic02 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:05 pm

HCOSurfer90 wrote:http://www.iaapa.org/modules/MediaNews/index.cfm?fuseaction=Details&iid=1050
^^Try reading that. It says the human being exerts more g-forces in every day life then on a roller coaster. Even plopping into your roller coaster seat results in a high number of g-forces (10.1).

10 g's. For about 10 milliseconds.

10 g's SUSTAINED can, and probably would, kill you.

-ACE
Vekoma - Manufacturing pain since 1978

-ACEfanatic02-

Coaster Berry

Postby coasters 4 me » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:16 pm

I have only been on 2 launch coasters. Rock'n'Roller Coaster at Disney MGM, Orlando and The Hulk at IOA. I have to say that I love the RnRc launch because of Aerosmith blasting in your ears, but I found the launch pretty intense. I also liked The Hulks launch. That launch into the Roll is awesome. But I think RnRc in better.

I just love the anticipation and when your adrenaline goes insane. It is just a rush. That's why I love launch coasters, because I always get that feeling before the launch.

Racing for the sky

Postby coasterlover420 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:44 pm

It's sad that I've only been on one LIM coaster :( . RnR is the only one I've been on, so I obviously have to lead towards that.

As for the most extreme of any of them, I'll definitely say TTD was the most intense of all of my experiences. It was very quick and very forceful. I found KK just didn't live up to TTD, so, TTD and RnR, overall.

(No S&S's) :(
~Signature~

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby mightypotato » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:11 pm

The only LIM launched coasters I've been on are Wicked Twister, Rock n' Roller Coaster (MGM) and The Italian Job (PCW). Out of the three, I'd have to say the most intense was Wicked Twister. That and I enjoyed it more than the others.

As for launched in general, that award goes to Top Thrill Dragster. I've never experienced acceleration like that before. It was awesome.

Racing for the sky

Postby coasterlover420 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:25 pm

^Oh, crap, I've been on WT!! I completely Forgot!

My opinion has changed to WT, please!
~Signature~

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby maidenmad666 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:04 pm

Like others, my most intense lauch is Hypersonic XLC. Howeve tisn't LIM! So Volcano for me too!

Does anyone know the launch speed of Volcano? I know it reaches 70mph, but in how much time?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!