TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

That's terrific! Though if the centerpiece is supposed to be the station, I'm kinda worried about what kind of coaster it will be. I could see them getting a dive machine, it'd be the first in the north, and could spark the dive machine revolution.

Busch will probably be pretty cagey about the new attraction for a while, but I'm hoping for a dive machine, myself. Might just have to go on stake out (I live about fifteen minutes away).

BGW has coasters? I always start off at the Festhaus... and end up closing the place down. I haven't seen anything else in the park. But they have coasters you say? Hmm... I guess I could take a break from the Polkamania shows and the beer and check the place out... maybe.

Ribs at the Festhaus... thats just wrong. How German is ribs. WTF?

See... if I could of transfered to BGW after SeaWorld Ohio was closed, there wouldn't be any stupid crap like that. But no... there was a hiring freeze when SWO was sold. So now I have to brew stupid beer all day.

I've been craving some German sampler platter, especially the potato salad, as well as ribs for a good couple of weeks. Lucky us the season starts up in a few weeks. I can't wait to eat there, oh yeah, and ride some coasters or something.

They've been serving pizza in ghe Festhaus for years, Wally, but the rib thing started last season, I think. But instead of waffle fries, like you get at the Smokehouse, the Festhaus gives you German potato salad. They also make a pretty good roast-turkey sandwich, in addition to their enormous corned-beef stack.

God almighty, but I'm getting hungry.

^ That turkey sandwich that bread with the golden raisins is AMAZING! I do love the sampler platter too though (except the gassy side effects).

Busch will probably be pretty cagey about the new attraction for a while, but I'm hoping for a dive machine, myself. Might just have to go on stake out (I live about fifteen minutes away).

The fact they are starting so early and that it's the middle of the park means it won't be a secret for long. I see them making an announcement by mid-season.

I remember pizza... no big deal. The way the seating is setup in the Festhaus it is the perfect area for a family enjoy a pizza... and the dads to enjoy the polkamania dancers. Aww kitty, kitty.

I really wish they built that Busch Gardens in Fairfield. STUPID CITY COUNCIL(1976).

^ That turkey sandwich that bread with the golden raisins is AMAZING! I do love the sampler platter too though (except the gassy side effects).

One of the great things about Busch parks: All the bread is baked in house. Exculding Sesame Place. And at SWO we got our bread from Olando Baking Co. Which is some pretty bad ass bread!

LMAO Imhotep, that should be your avatar.

Back on topic from the Festivus Festhaus of Polkahulkamania, another dive machine would be sweet. But then again, didn't Busch want to make SheiKra exclusive until 2008 or something? If so, whatever BGW is getting sounds interesting. Maybe even more inversions? More drops? More kickass air?

Darn! Just when I finally get to go to BGW (spring break) they decide to put something big and new in!

Oh yeah, will it be like, really really crowded on spring break? I want to get all the main attractions probably multiple times. The only other Busch park I've been to is SeaWorld San Deigo.

^^If you go on a weekday, the crowds shouldn't be too bad, even during spring break. Ride DarKastle first thing, then the Big Bad Wolf and Alpengeist. Take the train to Festa Italia after that for Apollo's Chariot. You should be able to pick up the Loch Ness Monster easily any time of the day.