TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Ok then axe the stealth name idea... I didn't suggest it to commemorate a younger coaster moreso to reuse the name that the park once had.... frankly i just liked the name and think it goes with the fighter jet theme. I didn't think the coaster was built on the movie trademark since it was built before the movie and never had any movie theme to it.

Ok then axe the stealth name idea... I didn't suggest it to commemorate a younger coaster moreso to reuse the name that the park once had.... frankly i just liked the name and think it goes with the fighter jet theme. I didn't think the coaster was built on the movie trademark since it was built before the movie and never had any movie theme to it.

I agree that Stealth's name would work well for Flight Deck...but I also agree that it would be a better fit for a B&M Wingrider should the park ever get one.

I agree that Stealth's name would work well for Flight Deck...but I also agree that it would be a better fit for a B&M Wingrider should the park ever get one.

What about CGA renaming Flight Deck as "Stealth Hawk"!?

You know, that name actually isn't that bad

You know, that name actually isn't that bad

I know, but my gripe with the name "Stealth Hawk" is that Cedar Fair overuses the word "hawk" in ride names!

"Stealth Hawk!"

I originally intended the idea for California's Great America to rename Flight Deck as "Stealth Hawk" to be kind of a joke, but now I think that CGA should rename Flight Deck to one of the names that I listed and yes some of the suggested names will contain the words "hawk" or "stealth"!

."Stealth Phoenix"

."Redhawk"

."Stealth Bat"

."Stealth Beast"

."Storm Hawk"

."Stealth Flight"

."Stealth Dragon"

"Stealth Hawk!"

I originally intended the idea for California's Great America to rename Flight Deck as "Stealth Hawk" to be kind of a joke, but now I think that CGA should rename Flight Deck to one of the names that I listed and yes some of the suggested names will contain the words "hawk" or "stealth"!

."Stealth Phoenix"

."Redhawk"

."Stealth Bat"

."Stealth Beast"

."Storm Hawk"

."Stealth Flight"

."Stealth Dragon"

Um. OK...

^Yes, that video is most definitely Gurnee Great America, Whizzer is clearly visible, and Tidal Wave in Batman's current location.

That, and the fact that the actual YouTube video link says pretty clearly that it's the Gurnee one.

GREAT AMERICA’S OPENING WEEKEND SET FOR MARCH 29-30

Saturday Opening Day Ribbon Cutting at 10 AM, Doors Open at 9:30 AM for the Ceremony

1st 2,500 Guests Saturday Receive Free Souvenir Cup With Free Refills On The Day

SANTA CLARA, CA – California’s Great America’s 38th season kicks off Saturday, March 29 with Opening Weekend festivities continuing from Opening Day Saturday through Celebration Sunday.

Opening Day will feature an official Ribbon Cutting Ceremony with Snoopy and the Park’s VIP of the day. The first 2,500 attendees will receive a complimentary souvenir cup that includes free Coca-Cola® beverage refills for Opening Day and refills the entire season for just $0.99 each plus tax. Additionally, Snoopy and the PEANUTS® Gang will randomly distribute 2014 Opening Weekend t-shirts and other prizes throughout the weekend.

On March 29, California’s Great America will award several park experience prizes, highlighted by a park VIP winning 4 tickets, free food, a giant plush Snoopy, Great America merchandise and 4 Fast Lane passes. Second place is a special early admittance for up to 10 attendees to have the ride of their choice 30 minutes before the Park opens, with third place being a Birthday Party (admittance included) for a party of 10. The PEANUTS® characters will randomly reward guests with Fast Lane, Xtreme Skyflyer, Thunder Raceway and food vouchers throughout the day.

“We’re coming off a terrific 2013 and plan to deliver an even better 2014 for our guests,” Vice President and General Manager Raul Rehnborg said. “From dynamic new shows to a freshly painted Flight Deck, guests of all ages will enjoy the enhancements. With Levi’s Stadium opening later this year, Opening Day at Great America will be the launch to an amazing year for Santa Clara.”

Great America will introduce several new food options for 2014, including Auntie Anne’s®, The Churro Factory, which will make fresh churros, an ICEE Mix It Up Stand and an all-day dining plan, along with the bright new red look for Flight Deck.

In addition to free parking and free Halloween Haunt admission, Great America has improved Gold Pass benefits for 2014, including additional Bring-A-Friend dates, 20 percent off Great America merchandise and most food options, Early Ride Time on select Saturdays and $35 discounted tickets to Knott’s Berry Farm when visiting

Southern California.

There is still time to purchase a regular Season Pass for just $62.99, or a Gold Pass for as low as $84, making California’s Great America one of the Bay Area’s best entertainment values.

CEDAR FAIR

California’s Great America is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded partnership that is listed for trading on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “FUN.” In addition to California’s Great America, Cedar Fair owns and operates ten other amusement parks, four water parks, one indoor water park, and five hotels. Cedar Fair also operates the Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park in California under a management contract.

I also liked the Citigraph maps the best but this isn't too bad for a CF map. I actually kinda like these newer maps as they are easier to look at and bit more realistic for a CF map than the older ones. They also changed the alignment by centering the entrance at the bottom.

• 2 weeks later...