TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shane's Amusement Attic

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

SIX FLAGS FIESTA TEXAS 10 YEAR PLAN (10 years ago)

I guess it was more like 15 years ago, but at that time I was working with Six Flags. I was in charge of putting together a 10 year plan for the park which included an large new looping steel coaster, a watepark expansion, new children’s area, an Intamin Drop Tower and a giant racing, dueling wooden coaster. Not much ever came of the plan other than these cool renderings.

109607742_6FlagsFiestaTexascopy.thumb.jpg.6d091c9e7268bacdb04ac67e38d5abc8.jpg

1033456960_6FlagsFiestaTexas6.thumb.jpg.2b9f0459fa2316c36461fa36e128a01e.jpg

170669424_6FlagsFiesta2.thumb.jpg.ddfa5f459f78e6232478bbb6fded8d62.jpg

565836947_6FlagsFiestaTexas1.thumb.jpg.14fb463f1c13688baafae6c78d9d1e9d.jpg

50299548_6FlagsFiestaTexas5.thumb.jpg.3c7939cea037e0895f9aa0a767c81dd9.jpg

994987927_6FlagsFiestaTexas4.thumb.jpg.f8524ca8c984fa2fb77d3ca6d4d73779.jpg

Wow! The Boardwalk dueling woodie would have been amazing. Goes to show how much land they can actually use for expansion. Around the Ghostblasters building, past ops base, and back towards the employee parking lot.

From the details that are in the map I say this is a 98 creation and your influence was greater than you are appreciating. You say nothing ever came of it, but the Kiddie ride package was installed in 99 with many of the rides in your drawings, but just in many locations around the park. Scream started out as a single drop tower and turned into an S&S combo. Superman is near the current spot for your looping coaster. The water park expansion happened too! Finally the Boardwalk wooden coaster was on and off for a while. Once AW was closed the rumors kicked into high gear with Cyclone trains and ride entrance showing up and markings in the Boardwalk area.

So give yourself some credit a lot of this happened in a way!

That's awesome to see. Hmm, now my mind is thinking of what ifs. It was probably because of your idea to build a looping coaster off the wall in that area that would factor in to eventually going with Superman. So Thank you for that.

Goes to show how much land they can actually use for expansion. Around the Ghostblasters building, past ops base, and back towards the employee parking lot.

Maybe enough land to build a hypercoaster.That would really round out the park.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Looking at those old Six Flags flyers from the 70's made me wonder: Who the hell are those colorful fur ball monsters!?

From my understanding Magic Mountain's original mascots were a wizard and his pet trolls;the wizard was a Merlin-looking guy and the trolls were these "furball" characters.I wish that parks like that had kept more of their uniqueness!