TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventureland (Iowa) Announces Plans for 2014!

I didn't see a discussion thread for this elsewhere, so I apologize in advance if one already exists. Adventureland just announced on Facebook that they'll be installing a new "Windseeker" type ride (From Mondial) called StormChaser. No details yet on the ride's stats, but this would represent a large investment for the small park.

Adventureland's Official Facebook Page

1175679_509637205786336_672582420_n.jpg

Edited by ernierocker

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a nice addition to a park I need to get to at some point in the future.

FYI, I edited your title. Only site moderators and admins are allowed to start discussion threads as we have a certain method we like to follow in creating them. Thanks for understanding.

I just don't know what to make of this. Living in KC, excited for our version next year. I find it kind of weird that now Adventureland about 200 miles north is getting one as well. At first I thought that the FB was a spoof page, so went to the actual Adventureland website and linked to their FB page from there, and yep, it's the same one. Well if for some reason we don't end up getting ours at WOF next year, I know where to head to try it out. : )

^Hardly anyone did besides the park staff. What is the point of even posting that?!?!

You really need to stop posting for posting sake. You are posting way too much lately and your posts are not adding anything to these discussions.

Please re-read the site's TOS before you continue to post:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137

My home park finally got something new!

I really don't care that it's a Windseeker. Really at this point they needed something. They haven't had anything new on the park side since 2005. Still holding out hope they'll get an El Loco at some point... or maybe just tear out The Underground and let their imaginations run wild. What a waste of space that thing is.

According to the A-land park FB page, the Silly Silo will be dismantled and the Storm Chaser will take its place. Can't say that I'm sad to see the vomit machine go!

Oh, and I sooooo agree with the comment about The Underground. I remember when it opened and my friends and I waited 2 hours to ride. Extremely disappointing.

I'd like to see the park buy a mid-sized coaster for the kidlets who are too big for the Ladybugs but not yet ready for the big hills/speed of the Tornado/Dragon/Outlaw. The could also get rid of The Splashover (which hasn't worked consistently in four years) and The Inverter.

Getting a Winndseeker is not a plus in my opinion. The idea for them sounds great but in practice they are just not a good ride. The spin too fast to be a good observation platform and too slow to be thrilling. They should have invested there money in something else.

• 6 months later...

It's funny how Adventureland AND Worlds of Fun both got Windseekers from Mondial this year. It's also funny how then both of them changed the name of the ride. Adventureland is my home park and will always come first in my heart, but Worlds of Fun is my second favorite. I love going there and they have some great coasters. When I found out that Adventureland was getting a Windseeker back in the fall I was freaking out because usually we are the smaller brother when it comes to getting rides. All of a sudden I find out that oh wait... yup Worlds of Fun is getting one too. So much for getting a big jump on the competition.

But anyway both parks are great and I know that fans of both parks were probably hoping for a coaster, but I really do think that this will be a good addition for Aland and WOF.

It's funny how Adventureland AND Worlds of Fun both got Windseekers from Mondial this year. It's also funny how then both of them changed the name of the ride. Adventureland is my home park and will always come first in my heart, but Worlds of Fun is my second favorite. I love going there and they have some great coasters. When I found out that Adventureland was getting a Windseeker back in the fall I was freaking out because usually we are the smaller brother when it comes to getting rides. All of a sudden I find out that oh wait... yup Worlds of Fun is getting one too. So much for getting a big jump on the competition.

But anyway both parks are great and I know that fans of both parks were probably hoping for a coaster, but I really do think that this will be a good addition for Aland and WOF.

Well actually Six Flags St. Louis got the jump on both on them.