TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm not so much concerned for the the coaster anymore, but what I am concerned about is what is going under the coaster. Grass? Water? Shrubs? Parking lot? Any guesses?

My concern are teenagers trying to hang from the track that spans over the walkway to Superman and take pictures.

I'm not so much concerned for the the coaster anymore, but what I am concerned about is what is going under the coaster. Grass? Water? Shrubs? Parking lot? Any guesses?

My concern are teenagers trying to hang from the track that spans over the walkway to Superman and take pictures.

Why should that be a concern? If they were able to do it and a train came by they would learn their lesson very quickly...... once.

Judging by the area of the park it's in I would guess it's going to be filled back in with grass and tress just like it was when Log Jammer was in that spot. Even if SFMM didn't add any landscape I sure in a few years it would fill itself back in at least with grass.

Also thanks for the Update RollerCoasterAwesome

I think the real question on Tatsu would be.... why don't they run both stations AND all three trains like it was designed to.... oh wait..... it's SFMM!

They have. I recall one summer being loaded on the left station and being unloaded (post-ride) on the right station, due to the use of three trains. Of course it's happened, it's just much more unlikely now. Running two stations requires that much more staffing though. Again, this is something they'll probably invest in more-so during the summer. We may not see all three trains used, but I expect you'll see the return of dual-station operation.

I'm pretty sure the track is a lot higher than it looks, unless Dwight Howard is at the park I don't think you have much to worry about.

I don't know if anyone has said this already (ain't nobody got time to read through all these posts), but the loop looks pretty small in pictures. I'm guessing it's because it's situated in that valley there and surrounded by trees. The promo material made it seem a lot more imposing that it actually will be. Oh darn.

I don't know if anyone has said this already (ain't nobody got time to read through all these posts), but the loop looks pretty small in pictures. I'm guessing it's because it's situated in that valley there and surrounded by trees. The promo material made it seem a lot more imposing that it actually will be. Oh darn.

They haven't even topped it off yet, so I would give it some more time. It looks pretty big to me!

What do you guys think would happen if a roll back occurred from the launch to the loop or tunnel launch to top hat? The launches didn't seem that long in the video.

The trains will collide, there will be bloodshed and the park will release a statement to the media saying "YOLO!"

^

What do you guys think would happen if a roll back occurred from the launch to the loop or tunnel launch to top hat? The launches didn't seem that long in the video.

Well since this is not Premiers first coaster nor first launch coaster I would say the engineers of that company have taken into account rollbacks and have designed Full Throttle to safely stop if a rollback was to happen. Also you have to think about the train is very short only holds 18 people so with a short train the launches and brake runs don't have to be that long, and with using Friction brakes and Mag brakes I'm sure they will have no issues with not being able to stop a train in the case of a rollback.

I think Premier is established enough as a launch company that it wouldnt happen. MM will be selling the 2nd train within the year anyway so it wont matter.