TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I don't see it happening, given they still haven't started tower construction (as far as I've heard). They can probably build the thing by opening but testing can take a while. And regardless, the park seems to prefer April-May openings, probably because they have something new to advertise for Labor Day weekend and the beginning of summer.

I highly doubt it, but does anyone think TSS will be ready by opening day (March 2, 2013) or in April like NTAG was?

SFFT didn't open Sky Screamer until Memorial Day weekend I believe so I wouldn't hold my breath for March or April. Hopefully it'll be up and running sooner than that but there are other larger projects that require more attention first.

Just seems like Six Flags is behind in construction on all there projects this year except iron rattler

Ehhhh...can't really say that considering none of us really know what Six Flags construction schedules are for all their projects. For all we know, they could be shooting for a Memorial Day weekend opening of TSS so if that be the case, they're probably right on schedule. It may "seem" that way but that could be what they're going for.

From the SFOT Facebook page:

Are you looking to get married on Valentine’s Day? Do you want to do something memorable that you can share with your friends and family for years to come? We’re looking for six couples that are wanting to either get married or renew their vows in a unique way on Thursday, February 14. If you’re interested email us a photo and some info on you and your spouse or spouse-to-be at sfotpr@sixflags.com.

I'm guessing that it's a married-on-a-ride concept, but makes me wonder which ride...

How many riders will TSS hold at a time again?

From the SFOT Facebook page:

Are you looking to get married on Valentine’s Day? Do you want to do something memorable that you can share with your friends and family for years to come? We’re looking for six couples that are wanting to either get married or renew their vows in a unique way on Thursday, February 14. If you’re interested email us a photo and some info on you and your spouse or spouse-to-be at sfotpr@sixflags.com.

I'm guessing that it's a married-on-a-ride concept, but makes me wonder which ride...

How many riders will TSS hold at a time again?

Forget how many riders will fit on it. That is 4 weeks away. It takes 3 weeks to build the tower, and more than one to add the finishing touches and test. I think it's safe to say it WON'T be in this ride. The only rides I can think of that seat around 12 are aqua man (too cold anyways, that's out) S:TOP, and Runaway Mountain. But again, who says this is on a coaster. They could do it anywhere. Hey, Man + Wife + Priest/Pastor/Mimister/Rabii = one awesome wedding ceremony on Dive Bomber Alley.

I have an Honest Question to ask! Does the removal of Flashback destroy Texas!

WHAT? How does the removal of a crappy, old roller coaster "destroy" a state? Can you phrase your questions any clearer? Most of what you write and ask does not make any sense.

I have an Honest Question to ask! Does the removal of Flashback destroy Texas!

Does the removal of Deja Vu destroy California?

Now I get what you mean. But ever since Geauga Lake closed into a water park, did that destroy Ohio?

Why do you keep asking questions like this? Questions that make no sense and make many of us question your thought process.

Drove by the park the other day on the way to work and saw that they were actively working on ground work in the old Chute Out and Flashback site (a variety of construction equipment and a construction trailer is parked in the strip mall parking lot adjacent to the Bumper Cars). There was some dirt churned up next to the strip mall parking lot as well, but that could simply be due to moving construction equipment around and the such.

Big changes are coming to the largest water park in North Texas! The 2013 season at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor will be even Bigger, Better and Wetter with the debut of two thrilling new slides – Typhoon Twister and Tsunami Surge. Scheduled to open in early summer, these two new epic rides will beckon guests of all ages to take the ultimate plunge.

On Typhoon Twister, guests board slides built for two for an adrenaline-packed ride down a tunnel and into a bowl-shaped slide. After spinning around multiple times in the belly of the slide, riders are thrust through a corkscrew exit into a refreshing splash pool. Tsunami Surge sends couples twisting and turning down a 68-foot enclosed tunnel while they build up speed to take on a 40-foot wave slide on the other side. Guests experience zero-gravity as they surge to the top of the slide before gliding down to the landing pool. Typhoon Twister and Tsunami Surge are built by PROSLIDE Technology, Inc.

To celebrate the announcement of the park’s two new rides, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor is hosting a Polar Plunge Wedding on Thursday, February 14 at 11:00 a.m. Four couples are taking the ceremonial “plunge” before taking the ultimate plunge into the park’s wave pool. Two of the couples will get married, while the other two will renew their vows. After the ceremony and polar plunge, a reception, complete with a first dance, cake cutting, and a bouquet and garter toss will take place.

Six Flags Hurricane Harbor opens for the 2013 season on May 11, 2013.

http://content.sixflags.com/newfor2013/overtexas/typhoon-twister-tsunami-surge/